Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oscars................

+4
boards of FL
Markle
gulfbeachbandit
2seaoat
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:33 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

What's so odd is how Hoffman grows about 8 inches when you see him in the movies. That's really some "method acting". Either that or everybody standing beside him is standing in a trench. lol

27Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:34 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:I've seen Django, and Lincoln and Zero Dark 30 and Argo and Beast OTSW (and probably one or two more of the BP nominees but I can't remember which they are). And I still say "Flight" was a better movie than any of the nominees.

Come on Bob you just liked flight because it was about a drunk that did something great.....in spite of being soused

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 2/25/2013, 12:35 am; edited 1 time in total

28Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:34 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Sal wrote:

Have you seen Argo, Bob?

First matinee showing on opening day.

29Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:35 am

2seaoat

I think your perception is clouded by sentimentality.

Nope......it was top five movie I have ever seen.........Top three. It was brilliant. I have never seen the Academy so whacked......never. I think there is a real backlash to Spielberg......I have no other explanation. I think this is going to be typical arrogance.....I should probably stop now........but I think we have become so acclimated to mediocrity in short dresses and six packs that we have simply lost our minds.......At least best actor they should get right......but I even question that........Lewis was brilliant but the dim light in the room is the lack of knowledge.....replaced by some hip in the moment idolization of youth and perverse........it has been a disaster in my opinion.

30Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:36 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Come on Bob you just liked flight because it was about a drunk that did something great.....

that too. lol

Nah it was a brilliantly executed motion picture. Every frame of it kept my eyes and ears glued to the screen and the sound system. That's what separates out the really good ones. All the rest is secondary.

31Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:38 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Come on Bob you just liked flight because it was about a drunk that did something great.....

that too. lol

Nah it was a brilliantly executed motion picture. Every frame of it kept my eyes and ears glued to the screen and the sound system. That's what separates out the really good ones. All the rest is secondary.

Well it definitely brought you full circle from admiration to disgust with the main character...

32Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:38 am

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Sal wrote:

Have you seen Argo, Bob?

First matinee showing on opening day.

I thought it was fucking brilliant.

When you can make something that's conclusion is so forgone, suspenseful ...

... That's good movie making.

33Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:44 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Well it definitely brought you full correction from admiration to disgust with the main character...

but our feelings about that became a lot less certain after seeing the final scenes.
Remember, he saved all those lives. That is never disputed. And then he had the guts to take the fall anyway. And I'm not the biggest Denzel Washington fan but that was the performance of his career. He made that character totally believable thoughout the story.
It shoulda got best picture, best director, best screenplay, best actor and best editing.

34Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:46 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Yeah he probably just GOT drunk.....

35Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:47 am

2seaoat

best actress zero dark thirty.....nope...........this is solid crap......who is now in the academy? A magnate school for small bus occupants......

36Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:49 am

2seaoat

Daniel Day Lewis.......brilliant......god has made few better actors.......

37Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:51 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I take that back. Phoenix in The Master was the oscar winning performance.
I'd forgotten already. That is the most uncanny acting I have ever seen in a movie.
The movie itself is kinda hard to take. I left the theater confused about whether I liked it or loathed it. But after further reflection it started to grow on me. I look forward to another viewing.
But what Pheonix did takes acting to a new level. You actually believe the character is a real person even though his face is so recognizable as being Phoenix. You forget that you're watching Phoenix or anyone acting. Never seen that done any better.

38Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:53 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Lewis captured some of that in Lincoln. But nowhere near to the extent Phoenix did.

39Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:54 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Oh shit DC has gone Hollywood....Do your fricken job and quit watching movies you overpaid assholes.

40Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 12:55 am

2seaoat

Jack Nicholson to Michelle Obama.......the director of this Oscar presentation is doing acid..............like who are all the folks in the background with the first lady............

41Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 1:05 am

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Well it definitely brought you full correction from admiration to disgust with the main character...

but our feelings about that became a lot less certain after seeing the final scenes.
Remember, he saved all those lives. That is never disputed. And then he had the guts to take the fall anyway. And I'm not the biggest Denzel Washington fan but that was the performance of his career. He made that character totally believable thoughout the story.
It shoulda got best picture, best director, best screenplay, best actor and best editing.

Naw,Denzel was better in Training Day.

42Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 1:07 am

2seaoat wrote:best actress zero dark thirty.....nope...........this is solid crap......who is now in the academy? A magnate school for small bus occupants......

All the actors vote for who is the best.

43Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 1:09 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Dreamsglore wrote:

You said you were about to watch Flight the other day. Did you not like it?

44Oscars................ - Page 2 Empty Re: Oscars................ 2/25/2013, 1:24 am

Bob wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

You said you were about to watch Flight the other day. Did you not like it?

Yes, I did. It was a great movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum