Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hit and Run----in Milton a few months ago!

+5
Floridatexan
Nekochan
Sal
Joanimaroni
cool1
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Terrible tragedy... I'm sorry Cool.

Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Well, I don't think we should judge 16 yr.old kids as adults who would have made a better decision. We allow them to be in charge of a deadly weapon and expect them to be as emotionally mature as a adult. If this kid were 21 or older he probably would have handled it differently. I hit a 4 yr. old child when I was in college who ran out in front of my car. I could not stop fast enough as he darted out seconds before I hit him. He was ok w/ just a few scratches and bruises but I can tell you it was traumatic for me. I was in shock and sat there for a few seconds unable to move to look and see if the child was dead in front of my car. I remember walking on wobbly legs around the front of the car and seeing the child on his hands and legs crying. He got up and ran home. I called the state troopers and they took a report and got the parents but I couldn't drive home. I had to call my husband to come and get me. I had flashbacks about that for a long time. People react differently when traumatized.

I know exactly what you mean.

I had a very similar thing happen to me about twenty years ago.

Miraculously, I somehow caught a glimpse of the kid out of the corner of my eye and managed to slam on the brakes and swerve, missing him by inches.

To this day, I wince when I think about what I narrowly avoided, and I didn't even hit the kid!

To be honest, I wanted to run. I did not want to get out of that car and face a mangled kid. I can imagine how that 16 yr. old kid felt.He should have stayed and he will pay for that but it is horrendous to know you did that.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreamsglore wrote:
Sal wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:Well, I don't think we should judge 16 yr.old kids as adults who would have made a better decision. We allow them to be in charge of a deadly weapon and expect them to be as emotionally mature as a adult. If this kid were 21 or older he probably would have handled it differently. I hit a 4 yr. old child when I was in college who ran out in front of my car. I could not stop fast enough as he darted out seconds before I hit him. He was ok w/ just a few scratches and bruises but I can tell you it was traumatic for me. I was in shock and sat there for a few seconds unable to move to look and see if the child was dead in front of my car. I remember walking on wobbly legs around the front of the car and seeing the child on his hands and legs crying. He got up and ran home. I called the state troopers and they took a report and got the parents but I couldn't drive home. I had to call my husband to come and get me. I had flashbacks about that for a long time. People react differently when traumatized.

I know exactly what you mean.

I had a very similar thing happen to me about twenty years ago.

Miraculously, I somehow caught a glimpse of the kid out of the corner of my eye and managed to slam on the brakes and swerve, missing him by inches.

To this day, I wince when I think about what I narrowly avoided, and I didn't even hit the kid!

To be honest, I wanted to run. I did not want to get out of that car and face a mangled kid. I can imagine how that 16 yr. old kid felt.He should have stayed and he will pay for that but it is horrendous to know you did that.

That happened to me twice when I was pretty young...in both instances a boy on a bike darted out in front of me with no warning. Thank God in both cases no one was harmed. But I would have never left the scene until I was absolutely certain of that. So, it's the issue of leaving the scene that leads me to think the penalties should be harsher.

Dreamsglore wrote:
That's quite a supposition on your part which I'm sure is far from reality of what happened. It could only have been seconds before the other car came along and hit him. Recently a deputy hit two girls walking down Mobile Hwy who were walking in the center lane.He stopped and it didn't save the one girl. You simply are making judgements when you don't know all the facts of this case. It may have been an unavoidable accident since the deceased was walking at night in the center of the road.
Only partly, there are many cases of pedestrians who have been hit by cars surviving the incident. And it may have been more then seconds, it could have been minutes this is more information that is not currently available through the news stories. As for the accident being unavoidable that may be true we don't know but the fact is that he because he fled the scene he should be charged with said crime.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
That's quite a supposition on your part which I'm sure is far from reality of what happened. It could only have been seconds before the other car came along and hit him. Recently a deputy hit two girls walking down Mobile Hwy who were walking in the center lane.He stopped and it didn't save the one girl. You simply are making judgements when you don't know all the facts of this case. It may have been an unavoidable accident since the deceased was walking at night in the center of the road.
Only partly, there are many cases of pedestrians who have been hit by cars surviving the incident. And it may have been more then seconds, it could have been minutes this is more information that is not currently available through the news stories. As for the accident being unavoidable that may be true we don't know but the fact is that he because he fled the scene he should be charged with said crime.

Even if it was minutes the police wouldn't have been there in time to do anything. If it was thirty minutes,well maybe, but we don't know the whole story of how long it was.

cool1

cool1

Ironsights wrote:Well its a sad story all the way around. As for what they can do if they choose to try him as a juvenile, which i honestly hope they do not, then he will be in a DJJ facility which is kind of like an alternative day care. He will not be able to receive real forms of discipline other then a 24 stay in confinement. He will have continued education, receive enhanced meal plans to facilitate his growth, will speak to psych and health services on a regular basis, and will only be in a DJJ facility for a few years before being released back into the general public without any real reform or usually being really changed by his DJJ stay.

Now if he were tired as an adult he can get a full sentence. Being a 16 yr old he will start out in a cm facility such as the Santa Rosa Correctional, or Florida State Prison, or one of the other 2. There he will be confined to a single cell where he will only be allowed out about 2 hours a day 5 days a week(not including shower times). His diet enhancement will end at 18. He will be subject to the same discipline that all other adult inmates are subject to. Around 17 he will begin his transition (provided he hasn't proven a discipline problem) down the ranks to eventual open population. He will actually be treated as though he did something wrong and will face serious consequences for his actions. This by the way is the option i am in favor of for him.

Now as to the issue of remorse, well i can't say he didn't have any, he may have completely freaked out, and like far too many youth tried to hide his mistake out of fear of actually having to face consequences. Far too many people nowadays spend more time trying to avoid any negatives then actually owning up to their actions and seeing that it may be better for them in the long run. The fact that he admitted to his father (coerced or not) may show some signs of remorse. But in my opinion its a day late and a dollar short.

First of all thank you for all of your input on the situation--My brother wants the kid tried as an adult not juvi.

My brother thinks he has no remorse ,Because in the court room my brother said the kid just sits there and smiles at him -He said he wants to knock the smile off his face

As a family we feel if he had he stopped lil Ricky could be alive today -maybe maybe not -we shall never know because the boy did not stop. And yes if he had stopped the second car wouldnt have hit him, Because most people who hit someone dont stand there and let cars run over someone - most would call 911 and stand there and protect the person -Hell most would try CPR or something sorry but this kid did nothing---His sister or half sister is the one that told my brother what happned -she said it took some convincing to get him to turn himself in.

I wouldnt mind juvi--then prison -not long though-he is a kid--but come to think about it hes 16 my nephew 4 years older -just starting his journey in life also not much diff in age really.

As far as where or what side or in the middle of the street --im sure the crime scene will have told it all! The point is he left lil Ricky to die -and what punishment should be given to a person who just walks away just walk away and leaves a person in the damn street --that is just plain sick maybe he needs more help then we think. Dogs get treated better -at least people call the county to pick them up geeze Mad

As far as the judge -- Im glad its not Dreams lol------you have some good points but come on you would feel diff if this was your son or your daughter walking down the street , You would want answers and punishment Rolling Eyes

The way I see it god will punish him if the court does not That is what the family keeps saying--And I think he would be safer if they keep the boy locked up , He wouldnt be safe in Milton
running the streets not after what he did , To many people in Milton know who he is and what he did -what kind of life would that be for him and god hope he never gets in the situation lil Ricky was in because im not sure if anyone would help the boy --I would because im that way but some of those rednecks in Milton lol That grew up there and everybody knows everybody in the country in that area --That would be punishment enough -Id rather go to prison then face all those people .

Its tragic---3 familys suffer from this --ours lil Rick was 20 --the boys family he was 16 and the other girl that hit lil Rick -I think she was 20 so sad because I look at all of them as kids at that age Sad

cool1

cool1

Thank you all for the condolences I know it means allot to my brother He has been taking all this pretty bad --But I noticed on facebook he is back working again and I see him smiling again and Penny his mom is doing a lil better, I talked with her the other day .

They had two children , Now they have there daughter left, Penny told me her daughter Anna is busy all the time -Anna is younger then lil Ricky--So she said she asked Anna -Do you think we could make a date once a week of skating you like to skate Laughing she asked me on the phone what I thought --heehee I told her -nothing is wrong with that , she said Anna liked to skate -I told her any time you spend with your daughter is precious moments, I think she is afraid of something happening to Anna now Sad

My brother Rick got to spend all day with his son the day he lost him --they drove around all day ate Ice cream --had fun fun my brother said --It was almost like god knew something we didnt --and he got to spend time with mom and dad Very Happy

cool1 wrote:
Ironsights wrote:Well its a sad story all the way around. As for what they can do if they choose to try him as a juvenile, which i honestly hope they do not, then he will be in a DJJ facility which is kind of like an alternative day care. He will not be able to receive real forms of discipline other then a 24 stay in confinement. He will have continued education, receive enhanced meal plans to facilitate his growth, will speak to psych and health services on a regular basis, and will only be in a DJJ facility for a few years before being released back into the general public without any real reform or usually being really changed by his DJJ stay.

Now if he were tired as an adult he can get a full sentence. Being a 16 yr old he will start out in a cm facility such as the Santa Rosa Correctional, or Florida State Prison, or one of the other 2. There he will be confined to a single cell where he will only be allowed out about 2 hours a day 5 days a week(not including shower times). His diet enhancement will end at 18. He will be subject to the same discipline that all other adult inmates are subject to. Around 17 he will begin his transition (provided he hasn't proven a discipline problem) down the ranks to eventual open population. He will actually be treated as though he did something wrong and will face serious consequences for his actions. This by the way is the option i am in favor of for him.

Now as to the issue of remorse, well i can't say he didn't have any, he may have completely freaked out, and like far too many youth tried to hide his mistake out of fear of actually having to face consequences. Far too many people nowadays spend more time trying to avoid any negatives then actually owning up to their actions and seeing that it may be better for them in the long run. The fact that he admitted to his father (coerced or not) may show some signs of remorse. But in my opinion its a day late and a dollar short.

First of all thank you for all of your input on the situation--My brother wants the kid tried as an adult not juvi.

My brother thinks he has no remorse ,Because in the court room my brother said the kid just sits there and smiles at him -He said he wants to knock the smile off his face

As a family we feel if he had he stopped lil Ricky could be alive today -maybe maybe not -we shall never know because the boy did not stop. And yes if he had stopped the second car wouldnt have hit him, Because most people who hit someone dont stand there and let cars run over someone - most would call 911 and stand there and protect the person -Hell most would try CPR or something sorry but this kid did nothing---His sister or half sister is the one that told my brother what happned -she said it took some convincing to get him to turn himself in.

I wouldnt mind juvi--then prison -not long though-he is a kid--but come to think about it hes 16 my nephew 4 years older -just starting his journey in life also not much diff in age really.

As far as where or what side or in the middle of the street --im sure the crime scene will have told it all! The point is he left lil Ricky to die -and what punishment should be given to a person who just walks away just walk away and leaves a person in the damn street --that is just plain sick maybe he needs more help then we think. Dogs get treated better -at least people call the county to pick them up geeze Mad

As far as the judge -- Im glad its not Dreams lol------you have some good points but come on you would feel diff if this was your son or your daughter walking down the street , You would want answers and punishment Rolling Eyes

The way I see it god will punish him if the court does not That is what the family keeps saying--And I think he would be safer if they keep the boy locked up , He wouldnt be safe in Milton
running the streets not after what he did , To many people in Milton know who he is and what he did -what kind of life would that be for him and god hope he never gets in the situation lil Ricky was in because im not sure if anyone would help the boy --I would because im that way but some of those rednecks in Milton lol That grew up there and everybody knows everybody in the country in that area --That would be punishment enough -Id rather go to prison then face all those people .

Its tragic---3 familys suffer from this --ours lil Rick was 20 --the boys family he was 16 and the other girl that hit lil Rick -I think she was 20 so sad because I look at all of them as kids at that age Sad

First, let me say my condolences for your nephew. It was an awful tragedy.Clearly, though you don't know the facts of the incident. How long after did you nephew get hit by the other car? seconds? minutes? You really don't know if your nephew would have been saved and I think this is something the family needs to find out. You want to blame this 16 yr.old for your nephews death but that may not be the case at all. Yes,he's guilty of leaving the scene of an accident but it sounds like you are blaming the death totally on him. The other driver drug him 20 feet but there doesn't seem to be any anger towards her. I don't think your brother can tell what remorse this kid is feeling. I think the boy needs to be punished for leaving the scene. He made a bad judgement but to say he is guilty for your nephew's death may not be accurate. Sometimes emotions get in the way of facts.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dreams, he drove away and left someone critically injured. How can you honestly condone that behavior? Let me put it another way...

ACTIONS

HAVE

CONSEQUENCES

Floridatexan wrote:
Dreams, he drove away and left someone critically injured. How can you honestly condone that behavior? Let me put it another way...

ACTIONS

HAVE

CONSEQUENCES

I have not condoned that and I said that. He is guilty of leaving the scene of an accident. He should be punished for that. My point is the idea that because of that the victim died. None of that has been confirmed.

Dreamsglore wrote:

Even if it was minutes the police wouldn't have been there in time to do anything. If it was thirty minutes,well maybe, but we don't know the whole story of how long it was.
where did you get the police doing anything for the kid?
We don't know what injuries he sustained from the first hit, if it was a more glancing hit then yes the kid would have survived had he not been run over by the 2nd vehicle, people do it all the time, it would depend on his injuries more so then time. And it would have been the time to get ems there more so then the police to save him.

Ironsights wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

where did you get the police doing anything for the kid?
We don't know what injuries he sustained from the first hit, if it was a more glancing hit then yes the kid would have survived had he not been run over by the 2nd vehicle, people do it all the time, it would depend on his injuries more so then time. And it would have been the time to get ems there more so then the police to save him.

You're not comprehending what was said. If it was minutes before the second vehicle hit him the police would not have been there in time.It doesn't matter which vehicle actually killed him. It's the culmination of both vehicles and the time frame.

cool1

cool1

As a family we are still in emotional trama we could say anything at this point ! Thank you for all your input ! I hope he is tried as an adult for leaving lil Ricky for dead without checking, if that sounds better--as for lil Ricky --R.I.P The family told him he must be on the look out for some school children who reciently passed over -so thats what he is doing he stood there with open arms and he plays with them everyday for lil Rick loves small children and helped in church--he is having fun now Very Happy

Jake92

I'm very sorry cool. I know I have the integrity and morals to stop and help all I possibly could if I was in a similar situation. I'll be praying that justice is served and your family can have some peace..

I hope you all remember this was a 16 yr.old kid who did this... not an adult. I hope he too finds some peace someday.

cool1

cool1

Jake92 wrote:I'm very sorry cool. I know I have the integrity and morals to stop and help all I possibly could if I was in a similar situation. I'll be praying that justice is served and your family can have some peace..

Thank you Jake and yes most people render aid to people they just dont walk away or run away

cool1

cool1

Dreamsglore wrote:I hope you all remember this was a 16 yr.old kid who did this... not an adult. I hope he too finds some peace someday.

Yes Dreams we all know he was 16 I hope he pays for his actions and I to hope and pray he can find peace someday also , I agree with you!

Jake92

All we know for sure is that a man was hit by a car and left on the road while the driver left the scene and tried to fix his car. Then an unknown amount of time later, he was run over by another car and he was dead when the police and ambulance got there. Just put yourself in both positions and think about how YOU would feel and what you would want done.. If it was YOUR brother, husband, son, or father that was killed. Then think about what you would do if YOU or your son was the one driving. Hopefully you are never put in either position.

BOTH families will have to live the rest of their lives knowing one was kiilled and the other ran instead of trying to help or prevent further injury.

Jake92 wrote:All we know for sure is that a man was hit by a car and left on the road while the driver left the scene and tried to fix his car. Then an unknown amount of time later, he was run over by another car and he was dead when the police and ambulance got there. Just put yourself in both positions and think about how YOU would feel and what you would want done.. If it was YOUR brother, husband, son, or father that was killed. Then think about what you would do if YOU or your son was the one driving. Hopefully you are never put in either position.

BOTH families will have to live the rest of their lives knowing one was kiilled and the other ran instead of trying to help or prevent further injury.

Actually, I have looked at both sides and I take w/ a grain of salt some of the things said. You are believing something just because it was said. The boy turned himself in two hours later after the accident at 8:15 pm. That would make it around 10 :15 pm. He apparently told some one in his family and I wonder who said he was trying to fix the dents? Did that really happen or was that something assumed to make it more inflammatory? I don't know.All I am saying is this may not be what people are believing. This is a kid not an adult. I don't think he should be judged as an adult. We don't know what made him run away from the situation but it was apparently an accident. A very traumatic one. I don't condone what he did but in some way I can't equate him w/ making a decision expected of adults.For that, I don't think going to prison is justified. I think his age needs to be taken into account.

dreams sympathizes with the boy because she ran over a little girl once. you have to understand this.

if it was hr son walking home from walmart that this happened too, she would scream the loudest about personal responsibility of drivers and how people must have not taught the boy any morals. she would probaly accuse the driver of also being a republican.

Hit and Run----in Milton a few months ago! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5XodsoeAvghodyXQU-kIiNGJ2wauGrqJtLO-5jACxKYlP4Qe4yQ

Sorry for your loss Cool.

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

Smile

cool1

cool1

Thank you for most of you feel about the same way as I do . As for Dreams well you have it in your head stuck that the boy is 16 something is very wrong if you feel by 16 children dont have a clue as to what they are doing if they are raised right and taught right .

young people commit crimes on a daily basis and people like you cry out -hes only 16--Thats why they get away with crap-That is why we have an alternative that is to treat them like an adult sorry Dreams thats what its there for .

I leave the situation up to the judge if she says we will try him as an adult fine go to juvi-and do a year probably get out and go on with his life at least its better then what lil Ricky got ! If not and they want to treat him as if he did nothing wrong --then send him to juvi- I dont care at this point I just want some kind of justice thats all !

Im not going to sit here and cry over this kid after what he did , no way and it was no accident at first yes --then when he walked away -once he left I do feel it was murder -one way or another this kid will pay for what he has done wheather it be a slap on the wrist, time in juvi--prison-or the good lord himself will deal with him--im not worried about it he will be delt with-- I hope they put him somewhere safe after this , No where to hide in Milton to many people know who he is -Im sure the judge is aware of that fact.

have a good day every one --going to be cold again today

cool1

cool1

Damaged Eagle wrote:Hit and Run----in Milton a few months ago! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT5XodsoeAvghodyXQU-kIiNGJ2wauGrqJtLO-5jACxKYlP4Qe4yQ

Sorry for your loss Cool.

*****SAD SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wn_iz8z2AGw

Smile

you are so kind thank you!

cool1 wrote:Thank you for most of you feel about the same way as I do . As for Dreams well you have it in your head stuck that the boy is 16 something is very wrong if you feel by 16 children dont have a clue as to what they are doing if they are raised right and taught right .

young people commit crimes on a daily basis and people like you cry out -hes only 16--Thats why they get away with crap-That is why we have an alternative that is to treat them like an adult sorry Dreams thats what its there for .

I leave the situation up to the judge if she says we will try him as an adult fine go to juvi-and do a year probably get out and go on with his life at least its better then what lil Ricky got ! If not and they want to treat him as if he did nothing wrong --then send him to juvi- I dont care at this point I just want some kind of justice thats all !

Im not going to sit here and cry over this kid after what he did , no way and it was no accident at first yes --then when he walked away -once he left I do feel it was murder -one way or another this kid will pay for what he has done wheather it be a slap on the wrist, time in juvi--prison-or the good lord himself will deal with him--im not worried about it he will be delt with-- I hope they put him somewhere safe after this , No where to hide in Milton to many people know who he is -Im sure the judge is aware of that fact.

have a good day every one --going to be cold again today

Would you feel that way if your 16 yr.old daughter hit someone accidently and panicked? It has nothing to do w/ being raised right and taught right,Cool unless you know this kid and know for a fact he maliciously left your nephew to die. I would only find that behavior common in a sociopath not an 16 yr. old kid. He turned himself in and that says something. I have no doubt he will continue to suffer in a small town like Milton and it will be a long time before he heals also. I just don't believe in putting a 16 yr. old in prison for not reacting the way he should have. I don't think most people would either but I could be wrong. I wouldn't take to heart some of the bitter people on this forum's opinion.You asked for opinions and that's what you got.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Would you feel that way if your 16 yr.old daughter hit someone accidently and panicked? It has nothing to do w/ being raised right and taught right,Cool unless you know this kid and know for a fact he maliciously left your nephew to die. I would only find that behavior common in a sociopath not an 16 yr. old kid. He turned himself in and that says something. I have no doubt he will continue to suffer in a small town like Milton and it will be a long time before he heals also. I just don't believe in putting a 16 yr. old in prison for not reacting the way he should have. I don't think most people would either but I could be wrong. I wouldn't take to heart some of the bitter people on this forum's opinion.You asked for opinions and that's what you got.

Hit and Run----in Milton a few months ago! - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRY3o-Og1DdpBEo9whn5pxLTomrZgbo7lVxn9Rwg3rKnq0-bPRH

You think there's some magic age group where a sociopath starts out?

*****SHOCKED SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQKs169Sl0I

Shocked

And you're in some sort of government mental health position to determine who is and isn't a sociopath?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum