Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Netflix Series

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1New Netflix Series Empty New Netflix Series 2/2/2013, 8:01 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

House of Cards, with Kevin Spacey

It's a politically themed show, based in Washington, DC. Hubby and I watched the first couple of episodes last night. We both really liked it.

2New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/2/2013, 11:08 pm

Nekochan wrote:House of Cards, with Kevin Spacey

It's a politically themed show, based in Washington, DC. Hubby and I watched the first couple of episodes last night. We both really liked it.

Ooooo! I LOVE Kevin Spacey... such a good actor! I'll have to see if it airs on the internet dealio where I watch the programs I like.

Thanks, Neko!

3New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 1:28 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Thanks, Neko! Hubby and I will check this out tomorrow after we finish the yard work. We're always up for good series on Netflix.

While we're talking about Netflix series, did you catch "Wire in the Blood" with Robson Green? It's not for children, but wow.....it's incredible. I was disappointed when the series ended.

4New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 3:31 am

You just reminded me that I bought netflix last month for my computer. And since this month they will be charging me $10 a month, I might as well watch something.

Thanks for the reminder

5New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 10:44 am

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Netflix is the best! We ditched expanded cable TV and movies almost two years ago in favor of Netflix. We have never regretted the move.

If you have a Wi or another type of box system, you can stream Netflix to your TV. That's what we do. Sometimes I'll watch a show on my phone just for the fun of it.

You have to have a stern stomach to watch "Wire in the Blood." For anyone interested in the psychological motivation of really nasty criminals, it's a must-see.

6New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 11:16 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

We initially signed up for the streaming service and CDs through the mail. Netflix then royally screwed up with changing the way they did service by raising the rates for the mail plus streaming service. It's the way they went about it that ticked me off. So we were at first not happy with the way Netflix handled the switch in service/price, but we dropped the mail service and now just have the streaming service for $7.99 a month. We usually watch several movies and/or TV shows per week and I think it's well worth $7.99. A couple of TV series we have enjoyed---Luther, Doc Martin (both are British TV shows).

I cannot stomach much in the way of blood and gore. But I do find those type of shows fascinating and PB, you might enjoy the series Luther--it's about a London cop who deals with total nut case murderers and actually strikes up a weird kind of relationship with one. But Luther is not too gory.

But in this new series 'House of Cards'--Spacey is great. I think you won't be disappointed!

7New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 1:21 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Not CDs***DVDs-- through the mail.

My brain is still stuck back in the age of cassette players, lol.

8New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 7:28 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

I love Netflix. I was able to watch all episodes of Star Trek Enterprise, with Scott Bakula. There were many that I had missed, and being able to watch as many as I wanted at one time, without commercials was great.

There are all kinds of movies and TV shows to watch on Netflix, and worth every penny of $7.99 per month.

9New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 8:19 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Oh, Riceme I was going to tell you that the series is actually a Netflix production so I think you probably have to have Netflix. But like PB and Vector, I can vouch that Netflix is a good deal for the money.

10New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 9:54 pm

PBulldog2 wrote:Netflix is the best! We ditched expanded cable TV and movies almost two years ago in favor of Netflix. We have never regretted the move.

If you have a Wi or another type of box system, you can stream Netflix to your TV. That's what we do. Sometimes I'll watch a show on my phone just for the fun of it.

You have to have a stern stomach to watch "Wire in the Blood." For anyone interested in the psychological motivation of really nasty criminals, it's a must-see.

I had Netflix some time ago, but gave 'em the boot after they infamously increased their rates without notice to their customers. I now utilize a free service, but won't post it here because a person really needs to have a very secure system, excellent pop-up blockers, and all that good stuff in order to use the site without getting cooties &c.

I had cable while tv I lived in Kansas, but found that I really only watched about five channels at most... Discovery, Science Channel, Learning Channel,... stuff like that mostly, then some regular channels for my guilty pleasures as I had time Wink. It would be difficult to justify paying as much as it costs out where I live to get dish service, which is out too much of the time due to wind and weather conditions anyhow.

11New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/3/2013, 9:58 pm

Nekochan wrote:Oh, Riceme I was going to tell you that the series is actually a Netflix production so I think you probably have to have Netflix. But like PB and Vector, I can vouch that Netflix is a good deal for the money.

There are actually six seasons available @the internet site where I link to the shows that I watch! YAY! I'm putting it on my list!!

I know it is now (again) a good deal, but because they screwed me (and so many others) over once before I will not go back to them. It's the principle of the matter, plus, I'm stubborn. :]

12New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/4/2013, 10:46 am

Nekochan

Nekochan

Great, Riceme! Hope you enjoy it!

I know exactly what you mean about what Netfilx did when they raised the price. It's more the way they went about it than anything that ticked me off. They lost a lot of customers with that dirty stunt. But I guess we were kind of addicted to the service by then so we kept the streaming account.

13New Netflix Series Empty Re: New Netflix Series 2/4/2013, 3:35 pm

Nekochan wrote:Great, Riceme! Hope you enjoy it!

I know exactly what you mean about what Netfilx did when they raised the price. It's more the way they went about it than anything that ticked me off. They lost a lot of customers with that dirty stunt. But I guess we were kind of addicted to the service by then so we kept the streaming account.

Exactly. The issue is not at all the money, or even that they raised their prices. It's how it was done. When I cancelled my account, there was a little survey asking me why, so I told them... in pretty harsh language. I didn't cuss, but I was definitely a pissed off customer and I drew the analogy to them that I wouldn't sell a wind turbine to a customer at $1.5M then bill them for $2.3M for the exact same turbine without explanation, expecting on time payment. I went on and on. You know me, particularly if I'm pissed off... lol.

Ever since then I get emails from Netflix every so often begging me to come back at a discounted rate. I keep thinking that someday I might get over it and go back, but it's been a couple of years now, and I'm still just as pissed as I ever was! lol

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum