Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

man.........

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1man......... Empty man......... 1/13/2013, 8:38 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

2man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:43 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

That's an amazingly creative and well-executed piece of commentary!

If I could change anything about it I would ditch the aliens at the end. It would have more impact if it just ended with the man on his throne atop the garbage. The alien bit just distracts from that.

3man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:44 pm

It wouldn't play on my phone.

4man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:45 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:It wouldn't play on my phone.
It's worth opening on a PC when you get the chance. Good stuff.

5man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:49 pm

Bob wrote:

I haven't powered up my puter in over a year. (I haven't been to a library in over ten years)

6man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:51 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

PkrBum wrote:

I haven't powered up my puter in over a year. (I haven't been to a library in over ten years)
Why won't your phone play a youtube?

7man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:52 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:

Have you discovered fire yet ?

8man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:54 pm

knothead

knothead

Perhaps I'm too easily impressed but in my mind it was BRILLIANT!!! Thanks . .

9man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/13/2013, 10:58 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
Bob wrote:

Have you discovered fire yet ?

I guess not... I'll look it up now. Bob... I often get an error on youtubes that say they aren't mobile compatible.

It keeps me off of most damaged eagles posts.

10man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 3:10 am

interesting. i liked the aliens at the end,

save the planet kill the people

thats the moto/propogandi

11man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 5:50 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:interesting. i liked the aliens at the end,

That's such a depressing thought that my brain didn't want to think about it. But your observation is spot on and you've convinced me that it needed to be in there. You're right, that is the point and I missed it.

12man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 5:59 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

check this one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kzvtGBGjvd4&list=UUpQLC-evmUAon9BBpcW4kYg

13man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 6:06 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Biography

Steve Cutts is a London based freelance artist, 'specializing' in animation, illustration and fine art. After studying fine art at Farnham University, he progressed to the position of in-house illustrator for glue Isobar in London, where he worked for four years before entering the world of freelance.

He has produced work for clients such as Coca-Cola, Bacardi, Toyota, Reebok, Sony PSP, The Guardian, Kelloggs, Philips, Three and Jamesons amongst others.

man......... StevieC

14man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 8:41 am

Bob wrote:

That's such a depressing thought that my brain didn't want to think about it. But your observation is spot on and you've convinced me that it needed to be in there. You're right, that is the point and I missed it.

I didnt invent this concept. Its all around us. Just about everywhere you look these days this particular idealogy is subliminally being pushed.

Think about it, demoize man, make them all seem selfish, greedy and thoughtless. Show how the earth is being over come with waste and polution and population of greedy evil selfish humans. We wish alien would come along and kill those kinds of humans while we the innocent sitting in our air conditioners, flying about, riding about on motor cars, sitting on our computer made in a factory and shipped over to flown over by plane do nothing but point out hypocrisy and wish to hasten our own demise not even realizing we are also part of the homosapien species we detest so much.

Yes, its all around you bob.

Save the planet, kill the people is the new culture of mankind thinking. Yes, its self defeating.

15man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 11:57 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

I didnt invent this concept. Its all around us. Just about everywhere you look these days this particular idealogy is subliminally being pushed.

Think about it, demoize man, make them all seem selfish, greedy and thoughtless. Show how the earth is being over come with waste and polution and population of greedy evil selfish humans. We wish alien would come along and kill those kinds of humans while we the innocent sitting in our air conditioners, flying about, riding about on motor cars, sitting on our computer made in a factory and shipped over to flown over by plane do nothing but point out hypocrisy and wish to hasten our own demise not even realizing we are also part of the homosapien species we detest so much.

Save the planet, kill the people is the new culture of mankind thinking. Yes, its self defeating.

Well I agree that's the level of cynicism the cartoon gets too. And it is a very poignant commentary conveyed in a really masterful way by that cartoonist. And it's a valuable perspective that needs to voiced.

But you start to lose me when we try to take it beyond that. Especially when we bring the extraterrestrials into this picture.
I don't share that degree of pessimism and cynicism when we reach that point. I want to believe that if there any extraterrestrials in existence which can visit us, that they could just as easily want to be of aid to us, not want to destroy us.
I was in a conversation just the other day about that. And all I really have to go on is what humans do about it (at least some of us).
When other creatures are headed towards extinction (by the way, usually because of what we have done and not what they do), we go to great lengths to try to prevent that from happening.
That eagle webcam reminds us of a good example of that. The only reason we're able to watch those eagles on that webcam is because humans came to the rescue of the eagles and did just that, brought them back from the path to extinction.
If it's possible for us to be visited by extraterrestrials, I have no reason to believe that they could not do the same for us.
And in fact they may have already intervened and we just don't know it.

16man......... Empty Re: man......... 1/14/2013, 12:40 pm

Bob wrote:
Chrissy wrote:
Bob wrote:

Well I agree that's the level of cynicism the cartoon gets too. And it is a very poignant commentary conveyed in a really masterful way by that cartoonist. And it's a valuable perspective that needs to voiced.

But you start to lose me when we try to take it beyond that. Especially when we bring the extraterrestrials into this picture.
I don't share that degree of pessimism and cynicism when we reach that point. I want to believe that if there any extraterrestrials in existence which can visit us, that they could just as easily want to be of aid to us, not want to destroy us.
I was in a conversation just the other day about that. And all I really have to go on is what humans do about it (at least some of us).
When other creatures are headed towards extinction (by the way, usually because of what we have done and not what they do), we go to great lengths to try to prevent that from happening.
That eagle webcam reminds us of a good example of that. The only reason we're able to watch those eagles on that webcam is because humans came to the rescue of the eagles and did just that, brought them back from the path to extinction.
If it's possible for us to be visited by extraterrestrials, I have no reason to believe that they could not do the same for us.
And in fact they may have already intervened and we just don't know it.

ehhh.. I dont really want to go any deeper into this now. Should have left it where it was. Man bad, outside force kill bad man. The end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum