Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What kind of job can you get with face tattoos?

+3
2seaoat
Nekochan
Watcher
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Watcher

Watcher

Besides gang member, I'm thinking construction worker. Or janitor?

Nekochan

Nekochan

A job that doesn't require face to face interaction with customers/clients/patients?

Telemarketing?

http://newsfixnow.com/2013/01/13/the-next-czech-president-could-be-tatted-up/

"53-year-old, Vladimir Franz is an opera composer, a drama professor and holds a law degree. He is also tattooed from head to toe, has a variety of body piercings and dyed hair"

Nekochan

Nekochan

Interesting. All the face piercings bother me as much as the tattoos.

2seaoat

Sadly, my wife and I experienced two employees of the IRS with visible neck tats.....one was a supervisor and the other was an intake person. Combine the neck tat with a complete absence of any knowledge of the IRS regs or rules.....and you begin to wonder why this country has some of our problems.

I do not get tats......I make no judgment because both of my kids had discreet ones....which I disapprove, but it is simply no biggie, but when you combine the same with folks meeting the public in a professional capacity who lack the requisite skills to do their job effectively....well it does not work real well for a fuddy duddy like myself.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Sadly, my wife and I experienced two employees of the IRS with visible neck tats.....one was a supervisor and the other was an intake person. Combine the neck tat with a complete absence of any knowledge of the IRS regs or rules.....and you begin to wonder why this country has some of our problems.

I do not get tats......I make no judgment because both of my kids had discreet ones....which I disapprove, but it is simply no biggie, but when you combine the same with folks meeting the public in a professional capacity who lack the requisite skills to do their job effectively....well it does not work real well for a fuddy duddy like myself.

I do not like tats or facial piercings.

Nekochan

Nekochan

2seaoat wrote:Sadly, my wife and I experienced two employees of the IRS with visible neck tats.....one was a supervisor and the other was an intake person. Combine the neck tat with a complete absence of any knowledge of the IRS regs or rules.....and you begin to wonder why this country has some of our problems.

I agree totally. I hate them all, but at least with a discreet one you can cover it. When you get one on your neck or face or anyplace that it can't be hidden, I think it indicates poor planning and poor choices. It automatically puts a lot of people off. I know it's my bias but I think millions of Americans share my bias. Maybe in 20+ years, that will change as 80% of the population has them?

Every professional person should be required to look like this. Evil or Very Mad

What kind of job can you get with face tattoos? Extrem10

Nekochan

Nekochan

Shocked

No

2seaoat

I think that excess is a real problem with many things, but particularly becomes a problem with tats. In the mental illness first aid class I took, some folks got particularly defensive when the instructor began talking about compulsive disorders.....they argued there is a definitive difference in artistic expression and compulsion......so how do we measure excess.....I think the photo screams excess....and I am certain he would argue artistic expression, but at some point mental illness enters this equation when cuttings are becoming so pervasive in particular with adolescent girls, but this is a huge discussion which gets very strong arguments from the participants that it is artistic expression.....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Every professional person should be required to look like this. Evil or Very Mad

The smell of skin piercing is a huge turn-off....Brevibacterium Linens develops causing a horrible odor similar to stinky feet.

A View

Don't know how that posted twice!

Last edited by A View on 1/13/2013, 7:37 pm; edited 1 time in total

13What kind of job can you get with face tattoos? Empty Piercings 1/13/2013, 5:57 pm

A View

I wouldn't someone looking like that to fix my food for sure!

Joanimaroni wrote:
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:Every professional person should be required to look like this. Evil or Very Mad

The smell of skin piercing is a huge turn-off....Brevibacterium Linens develops causing a horrible odor similar to stinky feet.

I have a nephew that is an RT at a major hospital in Ft Smith AR. He does not have any facial or neck tats, but he does have a few facial piercings. He removes them all when he has to work.

Recently I saw a man grocery shopping with a young woman and their 3 children. The man had a tattoo on his neck, letters maybe 2 inches tall, "Fuck Me." What kind of example does he set for his children?

I assume he has no job. They paid for their groceries with an EBT card.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

BirdyBack wrote:Recently I saw a man grocery shopping with a young woman and their 3 children. The man had a tattoo on his neck, letters maybe 2 inches tall, "Fuck Me." What kind of example does he set for his children?

The thread Profiling gang-members....the 18 year old arrested, according to his father's arrest record, is following in his footsteps.

Can you imagine going to school, school functions, PTA, church, or playing recreational sports and having your "daddy" their with that tattoo?

Some kids really don't have a chance.

Markle

Markle

BirdyBack wrote:Recently I saw a man grocery shopping with a young woman and their 3 children. The man had a tattoo on his neck, letters maybe 2 inches tall, "Fuck Me." What kind of example does he set for his children?

Well, that's who we're encouraging to sign up for all the food stamps, welfare, housing, free cell phones and on, and on, and on. Maybe he can sign up for Disability too. Psychological problems..."Dumb F er"

That's why even tattoo artists call them "Job Stoppers" or some such thing.

I saw a mug shot of one guy with tattoo on his forehead...LOOSER. My guess was he and the "artist" misspelled LOSER. I guess it was okay one way or the other.

Well, that's who we're encouraging to sign up for all the food stamps, welfare, housing, free cell phones and on, and on, and on. Maybe he can sign up for Disability too. Psychological problems..."Dumb F er"

Last edited by Markle on 1/14/2013, 5:20 pm; edited 1 time in total

Yella

Yella

As an artist, I find tattoos interesting to look at but I would never have one.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

19What kind of job can you get with face tattoos? Empty I'm looser than you 1/14/2013, 12:56 pm

"I saw a mug shot of one guy with tattoo on his forehead...LOOSER. My guess was he and the artist misspelled LOSER. I guess it was okay one way or the other."

Maybe the guy has a brother with a similar tat that says "LOOSE". Kinda like the Dr Suess characters "Thing 1" and "Thing 2".

He won't get a decent job either. I feel for kids who have parents like that.

Watcher wrote:Besides gang member, I'm thinking construction worker. Or janitor?

What kind of job can you get with face tattoos? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSc5OR41Y6ff0_sCwV20m6aHm6Xh75E-XzzC5g-BZxPL4tOuOeODA

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aG6w72Q-dUE

Smile

The artist certainly had lot's of room to work on that tat.

What kind of job can you get with face tattoos? Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEqZoO4mWvuMuzHXjI7DOqa_qFkxlgkO8k2GcZHdGNwMo3pHZG

My Daddy always told me that it just means that there's more there to love...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMnjF1O4eH0

Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum