Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Comet ISON this year to be brightest ever

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Just how bright the comet will become at that moment cannot yet be forecast reliably. In his 2013 Astronomical Calendar, Guy Ottewell writes: "Using what formulas we can for magnitude, we have it reaching -12.6, the brightness of the full moon!" [Gallery: Photos of 2012's 'Supermoon']

If this is correct, it might result in the view of a lifetime: A bright comet with a stubby silvery tail visible next to the sun in broad daylight, visible to the naked eye simply by screening the sun with an outstretched hand.

Ottewell imagines the comet as possibly resembling ". . . a lighted match at the sun’s edge." Only on nine other occasions dating back to the late 17th century has a comet become bright enough to be seen in the daytime.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/science/2013/01/13/comet-2013-among-brightest-ever-seen/?intcmp=features#ixzz2Hrys1500

wow, a comet as bright as the moon. now thats amazing!

Yella

Yella

Some astronomers suggest that ISON will be brighter than Hale-Bopp

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll have to break out the photo gear and pray for some clear nights.

Sedition wrote:I'm really looking forward to this one. I'll have to break out the photo gear and pray for some clear nights.

Yes me too. Nothing, I mean nothing is going to stop me from getting pics of this one. I cant wait.

If I can get enough good, clear footage, I might have to pull out the keyboards and lay down a new age track to go along with it.
It'll be a nice deviation from the metal I usually do.

Yella

Yella

Sedition wrote:If I can get enough good, clear footage, I might have to pull out the keyboards and lay down a new age track to go along with it.

You can run it here for its debut, we will all critique it.

We have people here who think everything is beautiful.

We also have people here who know that everything is shit.

Stay in the middle of the road. LOL

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

Yella wrote:
Sedition wrote:If I can get enough good, clear footage, I might have to pull out the keyboards and lay down a new age track to go along with it.

You can run it here for its debut, we will all critique it.

We have people here who think everything is beautiful.

We also have people here who know that everything is shit.

Stay in the middle of the road. LOL

LOL. Like I said, most of what I write and record is metal, so I'm kinda use to pissing people off. The louder, more abrasive, sexist, and violent the music, the better. But I do have a softer side that comes out from time to time.

Sal

Sal

Sedition wrote:

LOL. Like I said, most of what I write and record is metal, so I'm kinda use to pissing people off. The louder, more abrasive, sexist, and violent the music, the better. But I do have a softer side that comes out from time to time.

Post some video, or at least audio, of your stuff.

I'm a metal guy.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum