Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Obamacare reality

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Another Obamacare reality  Empty Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 10:06 am

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/09/wendys-franchisee-owner-blames-obamacare-for-cutting-back-employees-hours/

2Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 10:15 am

alecto wrote:

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2013/01/09/wendys-franchisee-owner-blames-obamacare-for-cutting-back-employees-hours/

No surprise the impact on small and other businesses...Companies are going to raise prices...lay-off/not hire or hire temp/seasonal workers...or if that's not possible decide whether paying the non participation fine is cheaper than paying for this corrupt program...And somehow there are still defenders of this....

3Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 10:43 am

I think part of the intent is to remove healthcare as an employment benefit... it all leads to socialized medicine.

Then they can concentrate on guns, open borders, energy, housing, transportation, food, media, population... etc

4Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 10:59 am

PkrBum wrote:I think part of the intent is to remove healthcare as an employment benefit... it all leads to socialized medicine.

Then they can concentrate on guns, open borders, energy, housing, transportation, food, media, population... etc

No need to work on the media...they've been under his desk for a long time...kinda Clintonesque in a way!...You know Bill Clinton recently voted Father of the Year...

5Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 11:25 am

Sal

Sal

alecto wrote:

And, thus came into being Wendy's Bacon Double Hepatitis-Burger w/Cheese.

6Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/10/2013, 11:38 am

newswatcher wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I think part of the intent is to remove healthcare as an employment benefit... it all leads to socialized medicine.

No need to work on the media...they've been under his desk for a long time...kinda Clintonesque in a way!...You know Bill Clinton recently voted Father of the Year...

One day we will have a single source news outlet and then we the people will be content and happy in our utopia.

7Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/11/2013, 3:56 am

Markle

Markle

PkrBum wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

One day we will have a single source news outlet and then we the people will be content and happy in our utopia.

Yeah, the folks in North Korea sure seem to be living in a paradise.

8Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/11/2013, 9:03 am

PkrBum wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Another Obamacare reality  9k=

9Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/11/2013, 1:43 pm

knothead

knothead

Good Lord!!! You folks sure offer some spirit lifting commentary! Are we doomed, is that it?

10Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/11/2013, 9:29 pm

Obamacare doesn't start for another year. These people are full of it.

11Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/11/2013, 11:15 pm

Markle wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
newswatcher wrote:

Yeah, the folks in North Korea sure seem to be living in a paradise.

...that Kim Jong Un guy has changed tactics on us in his recent speech. He's no longer focusing on the US as a hegemon, but cares more about his people...LOLOLOL

12Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/12/2013, 5:26 am

Markle

Markle

knothead wrote:Good Lord!!! You folks sure offer some spirit lifting commentary! Are we doomed, is that it?

Plunging into debt at more than $1 TRILLION PER YEAR. What other outcome is possible?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:Obamacare doesn't start for another year. These people are full of it.

Taxes start this year. Even on your kids braces. Medical appliances you know.

13 Tax Increases That Started January 1, 2013
Tax increases the fiscal cliff deal allowed:

1. Payroll tax: increase in the Social Security portion of the payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent for workers. This hits all Americans earning a paycheck—not just the “wealthy.” For example, The Wall Street Journal calculated that the “typical U.S. family earning $50,000 a year” will lose “an annual income boost of $1,000.”

2. Top marginal tax rate: increase from 35 percent to 39.6 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).

3. Phase out of personal exemptions for adjusted gross income (AGI) over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).

4. Phase down of itemized deductions for AGI over $300,000 ($250,000 for single filers).

5. Tax rates on investment: increase in the rate on dividends and capital gains from 15 percent to 20 percent for taxable incomes over $450,000 ($400,000 for single filers).

6. Death tax: increase in the rate (on estates larger than $5 million) from 35 percent to 40 percent.

7. Taxes on business investment: expiration of full expensing—the immediate deduction of capital purchases by businesses.

Obamacare tax increases that took effect:

8. Another investment tax increase: 3.8 percent surtax on investment income for taxpayers with taxable income exceeding $250,000 ($200,000 for singles).

9. Another payroll tax hike: 0.9 percent increase in the Hospital Insurance portion of the payroll tax for incomes over $250,000 ($200,000 for single filers).

10. Medical device tax: 2.3 percent excise tax paid by medical device manufacturers and importers on all their sales.

11. Reducing the income tax deduction for individuals’ medical expenses.

12. Elimination of the corporate income tax deduction for expenses related to the Medicare Part D subsidy.

13. Limitation of the corporate income tax deduction for compensation that health insurance companies pay to their executives.

Each of these 13 tax increases will slow the economy, meaning that businesses will create fewer jobs. Fewer jobs will make it even more difficult to land a job than it already is for the more than 12 million Americans looking for work.

President Obama demanded these higher taxes. Obama’s tax increases, in Obamacare and through the fiscal cliff deal, will not curb deficits and debt, because growing spending is driving America’s budget crisis. Congress needs to immediately turn its attention to the actual cause of our deficit and debt problem: too much spending. The proper way to address this problem is through reforms to entitlement programs.

President Obama promised the American people a “balanced approach” of tax increases and spending cuts to reduce deficits and debt. He has achieved the tax increase portion of that approach. Now Congress needs to force him to follow through on the spending cuts portion.

http://askheritage.org/what-are-the-13-tax-increases-in-2013?utm_source=AH_Weekly&utm_medium=Email&utm_content=2013-01-11&utm_campaign=2013_Brand

14Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/13/2013, 1:24 am

I had to laugh at all of those! Taxes on deductions for corporate executives! Oh so sad! They will have to pay taxes on their millions they get in compensation.

15Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/13/2013, 3:01 am

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:I had to laugh at all of those! Taxes on deductions for corporate executives! Oh so sad! They will have to pay taxes on their millions they get in compensation.

1. Payroll tax: increase in the Social Security portion of the payroll tax from 4.2 percent to 6.2 percent for workers. This hits all Americans earning a paycheck—not just the “wealthy.” For example, The Wall Street Journal calculated that the “typical U.S. family earning $50,000 a year” will lose “an annual income boost of $1,000.”

10. Medical device tax: 2.3 percent excise tax paid by medical device manufacturers and importers on all their sales.

12. Elimination of the corporate income tax deduction for expenses related to the Medicare Part D subsidy.

So "ONLY" four apply to you in this round.

Why are you so jealous and angry at people who worked hard and are more successful than you? When you were young, did you aspire to be a failure? Single parent? That's a sure route to the welfare rolls.

I feel sorry for you.

I see why you align yourself with President Barack Hussein Obama. He can't accept responsibility for anything either. If he's still in office he'll still be blaming everyone and anything else in four years. Sad.

16Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/13/2013, 9:31 am

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I had to laugh at all of those! Taxes on deductions for corporate executives! Oh so sad! They will have to pay taxes on their millions they get in compensation.

Why are you so jealous and angry at people who worked hard and are more successful than you? When you were young, did you aspire to be a failure? Single parent? That's a sure route to the welfare rolls.

I feel sorry for you.

I see why you align yourself with President Barack Hussein Obama. He can't accept responsibility for anything either. If he's still in office he'll still be blaming everyone and anything else in four years. Sad.

I had to laugh when she said obamacare didnt start till 2014 LOL.... it started in 2010. and some of the biggest cuts have started NOW.

17Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/13/2013, 10:58 am

Markle wrote:

I feel sorry for you.

None of them apply to me and I feel sorry for your greedy self who thinks they shouldn't have to pay their fair share. I am far from a failure and pay my share of taxes and you have no idea who is successful or not. So you can stop your silly assumptions. I have no sympathy for corporate executives and the payroll tax cuts were just a temporary reduction so there has been no increase.You rail against the debt but then you it paid by the poor people. Nice. Is that why you say you're successful because everyone has been paying your share?

18Another Obamacare reality  Empty Re: Another Obamacare reality 1/13/2013, 11:23 am

The medical excise tax is going to be nothing compared to what Obamacare is going to bring them in revenue.Importers of medical devices paid no taxes to export these items here but are making billions. The excise tax is good.

http://www.cbpp.org/cms/?fa=view&id=3684

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum