Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy 4 th of July !

+3
VectorMan
Sal
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 12:08 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Happy 4 th of July ! Natdebt

2Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 11:20 am

Happy 4 th of July ! Skepti10

3Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 11:49 am

Sal

Sal

afro

4Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 12:00 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan

Happy 4 th of July ! Eagle_11

5Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 12:16 pm

no stress

no stress

6Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 2:17 pm

I love this country. I know for a fact I am so very blessed to have been born here.

America is not a full consumption of just the people who live here. because we have some very aweful people here, and also those who hate this country as well.

But America is a spirit of oppertunity, goodness and self sacrafice for all things righteous.

I love AMERICA. But I dont love all Americans.

God Bless America.....

7Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 2:44 pm

catfriedlegs

Part of being American for those who want to, is to help someone else become an American.
On 14 July, 2012, my Iranian friend will be sworn in as a U.S. citizen. We went through hell to get her where she is. We filled out paperwork, got all of her legal papers in order, drove to New Orleans for fingerprints, drove to Jacksonville for her citizenship test all the while being faced with threats from someone who did not want her to become a citizen. She studied for weeks for the citizenship test. When we were in Jacksonville at the Dept. of Homeland Security office, her name was called about 5 minutes after her appointment time. Within 10 minutes, she found she'd easily passed the test and was going to be an American citizen within two months.
She passed the test with flying colors and will be very proud to wear her American flag pin and say the Pledge of Allegiance on July 14th. She knew the answer to every last question on the citizenship test.
To know what non-citizens have to go through to want to become American citizens keeps me humbled and grateful that I was born here and glad this to be my home.
I wish her all of the best as a soon to be sworn in American citizen. She is truly looking forward to the day and so am I. This will be my 2nd time getting to see a friend become an American. If you haven't had the opportunity to go to a ceremony, please try to attend one. It is an exhilarating experience. Smile
Happy 4th of July to all.

8Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 2:55 pm

Azadeh wrote:Part of being American for those who want to, is to help someone else become an American.
On 14 July, 2012, my Iranian friend will be sworn in as a U.S. citizen. We went through hell to get her where she is. We filled out paperwork, got all of her legal papers in order, drove to New Orleans for fingerprints, drove to Jacksonville for her citizenship test all the while being faced with threats from someone who did not want her to become a citizen. She studied for weeks for the citizenship test. When we were in Jacksonville at the Dept. of Homeland Security office, her name was called about 5 minutes after her appointment time. Within 10 minutes, she found she'd easily passed the test and was going to be an American citizen within two months.
She passed the test with flying colors and will be very proud to wear her American flag pin and say the Pledge of Allegiance on July 14th. She knew the answer to every last question on the citizenship test.
To know what non-citizens have to go through to want to become American citizens keeps me humbled and grateful that I was born here and glad this to be my home.
I wish her all of the best as a soon to be sworn in American citizen. She is truly looking forward to the day and so am I. This will be my 2nd time getting to see a friend become an American. If you haven't had the opportunity to go to a ceremony, please try to attend one. It is an exhilarating experience. Smile

No, part of being an American is not helping other people move to this country so they can change it in the name of diversity.

If people want to come here and be a part of what this country has to offer. great. im all for it. But too much have people moved here only to try and emulate what they left. It is and has caused this country a bunch of greif.

At this point and I dont care if you like it or not. I think america needs to stop all immigration. The country is so watered down now with anti-Americanism coming from the outside that it should end.

I'm not a politically correct person and im sick of other people coming from all over the world trying to bend this country to their liking while using our constitution which is pretty much dead now to benefit them. much like all the assholes in dearborn mich.

I love this country and frankly. I dont want to share anymore of it with anyone else.

the sign on the door needs to say. "sorry, America is closed" Will open at a further date when we get our own shit together"

9Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 3:55 pm

no stress

no stress

Azadeh wrote:Part of being American for those who want to, is to help someone else become an American.

Thanks AZ and beautiful story. That citizenship test is not easy. My wife has been here since she was 17 and got the packet to become a U.S citizen. Any story where a person gets their citizenship the proper way and through the proper channels is good in my book. Congrats to your friend.

10Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 5:21 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:
Thanks AZ and beautiful story. That citizenship test is not easy. My wife has been here since she was 17 and got the packet to become a U.S citizen. Any story where a person gets their citizenship the proper way and through the proper channels is good in my book. Congrats to your friend.

Thank you, Gunz. I agree! Did your wife just get the packet? Or do you mean she got the packet long time ago?

11Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 5:40 pm

no stress

no stress

Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Thank you, Gunz. I agree! Did your wife just get the packet? Or do you mean she got the packet long time ago?

She and her mom both got the packets about 3 months ago

12Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 5:59 pm

Gunz wrote:She and her mom both got the packets about 3 months ago

Congratulations to them both.

13Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 6:45 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

PrettyWoman wrote:

No, part of being an American is not helping other people move to this country so they can change it in the name of diversity.

If people want to come here and be a part of what this country has to offer. great. im all for it. But too much have people moved here only to try and emulate what they left. It is and has caused this country a bunch of greif.

At this point and I dont care if you like it or not. I think america needs to stop all immigration. The country is so watered down now with anti-Americanism coming from the outside that it should end.

I'm not a politically correct person and im sick of other people coming from all over the world trying to bend this country to their liking while using our constitution which is pretty much dead now to benefit them. much like all the assholes in dearborn mich.

I love this country and frankly. I dont want to share anymore of it with anyone else.

the sign on the door needs to say. "sorry, America is closed" Will open at a further date when we get our own shit together"

Chrissy I admire that you are willing to go toe to toe with your friend Az on this subject. I can see both your points as you probably can also. What really is the American way though now days ? We have become an empirial power with tentacles reaching around the world into every country and for what ? So McDonalds and GE and Monsanto can steal and from and exploit the nations we shock and awe for profit...naw this isn't America, Not the America I believed in with my childs mind all those years ago. I don't care who comes here. What are they going to gain ?...a nation that has been gutted by corporations and bankers for profit?...spirialing down to die a third world death anyway.....

14Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 6:57 pm

no stress

no stress

Yomama wrote:
Gunz wrote:She and her mom both got the packets about 3 months ago

Congratulations to them both.

Thank You Sir.

15Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 6:59 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Has she got her biometrics done yet? It only took my friend since January to get her biometrics done, interview done and then notification on ceremony. I thought it was going to take at least a couple of years.

16Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:08 pm

no stress

no stress

Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:

Has she got her biometrics done yet? It only took my friend since January to get her biometrics done, interview done and then notification on ceremony. I thought it was going to take at least a couple of years.

I think that they had those done when they got their resident worker visas, buy I'm not sure. They have both been here for over 20 years.

17Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:11 pm

no stress

no stress

What kinda peeves me is that her uncle, who is trying to get his citizenship here was told by the state department that it could take up to fifteen years to complete. Now he is resorting to trying to find an American woman to marry him to quicken the process.

18Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:25 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:
Azadeh wrote:
Gunz wrote:

I think that they had those done when they got their resident worker visas, buy I'm not sure. They have both been here for over 20 years.

Right, but you have to get the biometrics done again when you go for citizenship. Not sure why but they'll make you go to New Orleans for those.

19Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:31 pm

no stress

no stress

Thank you, I'll check into that.

20Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:36 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:Thank you, I'll check into that.

Gunz, if you need any help with it, just message me if you'd like.
I think it's b.s. what they are telling you that it might take your uncle 15 years to complete. It should not take that long. That's just ridiculous.

21Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 7:38 pm

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Why would anyone go through all that trouble? Don't they know how to swim?

12 million mexicans here that never took a test or even know what a biometric is.

22Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 8:12 pm

no stress

no stress

Azadeh wrote:

I think it's b.s. what they are telling you that it might take your uncle 15 years to complete. It should not take that long. That's just ridiculous.

thanks. right now he is working for an American contractor in Iraq. Even with the contractor sponsoring his citizenship he is being told that the process will take that long.

23Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 8:26 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:
Azadeh wrote:

thanks. right now he is working for an American contractor in Iraq. Even with the contractor sponsoring his citizenship he is being told that the process will take that long.

Who exactly is telling him that?

24Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 8:52 pm

no stress

no stress

He told my mother in law that that is what the state department is telling him. He has funds to buy property and his field is engineering. Its not like he would come here and be a drain on the country.

25Happy 4 th of July ! Empty Re: Happy 4 th of July ! 7/4/2012, 9:08 pm

catfriedlegs

Gunz wrote:He told my mother in law that that is what the state department is telling him. He has funds to buy property and his field is engineering. Its not like he would come here and be a drain on the country.

Something is just not right there, it sounds like.
He might want to try and retain an immigration lawyer when he returns to the U.S. from Iraq. It would help speed things along, I think.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum