Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat.

+3
Nekochan
TEOTWAWKI
boards of FL
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

riceme wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

Which needs to be changed so that all citizens (male and FEMALE) are fulfilling their responsibilities.

I addressed this in my earlier reply. Maybe you should read more carefully.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

No, I do not. I fully comprehended your post on the first read. You were the one here with reading comprehension issues, not me and therefore, you apparently need to read more carefully.

Here: for your convenience I will paste my utterly confusing post in its entirety for you one more time, just for good measure:

riceme wrote:
So all this fuss, arguing and beating on hg for his position, but your sons AND DAUGHTERS (for whom there exists no Selective Service in this country) will only serve IF DRAFTED.

Weakens your argument by a factor of about ten thousand, DE.

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRSVYSpMjjSgcicoeiDLuONvtIOW1SakLAhKtWOxUPEMDPDsDpp

I see... So now you're saying that as a woman you will campaign for your responsibility to sign up for selective service as any good responsible citizen would do who has been given a citizen's rights.

See how far you've come in accepting that with rights also comes responsibilities!

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Ljy6PTbX9I

Smile

There is no weakness in my argument.

Damaged Eagle wrote:

I see... So now you're saying that as a woman you will campaign for your responsibility to sign up for selective service as any good responsible citizen would do who has been given a citizen's rights.

See how far you've come in accepting that with rights also comes responsibilities!

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

There is no weakness in my argument.

My god, you are THICK AS A BRICK. Not to mention, either you do not retain information from recent discussions on this exact same subject, or... well, or NOTHING. That's it. You don't retain information.

And yes, your arguments are in fact very weak. Ever take an undergrad level Logic course?? You should try it sometime.

I'm out. You can argue with yourself from here on out.

Nekochan

Nekochan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:I have to agree, again, with Hallmark! Women do not belong in combat!

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSZqr1JaKOIVlji35ZX9I6xVOjB_cSrLkKLLZJHdcXsVoyEv8jg5Q

With equal rights comes equal responsibility...

"No man (or woman) was ever endowed with a right without being at the same time saddled with a responsibility."
Gerald S. Johnson

...Or is it that you women wish to revoke the hard won rights that you've gained and go back to being barefoot, pregnant, etc...?

If so I'm sure you'll be saying...

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzWOa8loCDI

Laughing

Well, let's see...for you it seems to be either: Men and women are totally and completely the same; they are physically and biologically made the same way OR: Men are the bosses and women should be kept barefoot and pregnant.

Well maybe that is the way you look at life and maybe it's the way you look at men and women but it's not the way I see things. I am no feminist and have never claimed to be one. That doesn't mean that I think men should behave as cavemen. I'm sorry that you can only see life and relationships between the sexes as being one extreme or the other.

My husband and son both served in the military. I think the military is an honorable profession. You won't see me posting about military people being "murderers" or any such thing as that. If my daughter wanted to join the military, I would not have stopped her. I think there is a place for women in the military, but I don't believe it's in combat. That said, I would not disown her for joining the military or even for choosing a combat job. But I would be very worried about her if I knew she was in combat. I would also be very worried about my son being in combat BUT with a daughter, my worries would be doubled. Women and men are made differently, plain and simple. Women are at risk for abuses and horrors that most men in combat do not have to face or worry about.

Most people figure out by the time they're a few years old that men and women are different from one another. Even toddlers know that mom and dad are different from each other. I guess it's just taking you a little longer to figure that out. Shocked

2seaoat wrote:What about a police officer.....what if your daughter chose to be a police officer....carrying a gun......and had to kill people......what if she became a conceal and carry permit holder.....and had to kill people.......is it the act of killing by a woman, or is it the concept that only macho men can be in combat? The reality is that I coached a woman who is now a police officer. She is a beautiful woman and kind woman....but every day she is on the frontline in a combat situation......there are people who want to hurt her.....there are people who can kill her, and she can kill others......but in fifth grade she knew she wanted to be a police officer.....her father was proud until he passed last year.....and had she chosen to be a combat helicopter pilot....he would have been just as proud whether it was his son or daughter. Whatever happened in Korea may have been harsh....but an adult child sometimes can disappoint....but to project your pain on their choices....well simply.....that is unfair.

being a police officer and being in combat fighting a war are two different things.

I swear to god Rolling Eyes

riceme wrote:

My god, you are THICK AS A BRICK. Not to mention, either you do not retain information from recent discussions on this exact same subject, or... well, or NOTHING. That's it. You don't retain information.

And yes, your arguments are in fact very weak. Ever take an undergrad level Logic course?? You should try it sometime.

I'm out. You can argue with yourself from here on out.

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTmT8Or-43CHUPy2DJlUx_3gMFWlesw_h9lz_RB89WvpvcY77aw

Simply reposting your statement with highlighted bold words does not explain your thoughts of what you think I'm missing. The only failure and weakness here is your inability to express yourself in a positive way. Instead you've now resorted to negative attacks on my character which is the last resort of those that have no argument and are incapable of discussing an issue.

*****SMILE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLOth-BuCNY

Smile

Last edited by Damaged Eagle on 1/1/2013, 1:21 pm; edited 2 times in total

Nekochan wrote:
Well, let's see...for you it seems to be either: Men and women are totally and completely the same; they are physically and biologically made the same way OR: Men are the bosses and women should be kept barefoot and pregnant.

Well maybe that is the way you look at life and maybe it's the way you look at men and women but it's not the way I see things. I am no feminist and have never claimed to be one. That doesn't mean that I think men should behave as cavemen. I'm sorry that you can only see life and relationships between the sexes as being one extreme or the other.

My husband and son both served in the military. I think the military is an honorable profession. You won't see me posting about military people being "murderers" or any such thing as that. If my daughter wanted to join the military, I would not have stopped her. I think there is a place for women in the military, but I don't believe it's in combat. That said, I would not disown her for joining the military or even for choosing a combat job. But I would be very worried about her if I knew she was in combat. I would also be very worried about my son being in combat BUT with a daughter, my worries would be doubled. Women and men are made differently, plain and simple. Women are at risk for abuses and horrors that most men in combat do not have to face or worry about.

Most people figure out by the time they're a few years old that men and women are different from one another. Even toddlers know that mom and dad are different from each other. I guess it's just taking you a little longer to figure that out. Shocked

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz4ffp5AiDkYjAs-1kEfYO25srCe8jL0JLGcZvFz1voa9xQRqgBQ

If you believe women shouldn't be in combat then they shouldn't be in any other extremely hazardous job either. Women in several other countries serve in combat roles with distinction and honor.

The mentality you present is exactly what your dominating male counterpart wishes you to accept. If you wish to maintain the mentality that you can't do this job or that job because of what's involved in the job then accept your glass ceiling with a smile.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Nekochan

Nekochan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQz4ffp5AiDkYjAs-1kEfYO25srCe8jL0JLGcZvFz1voa9xQRqgBQ

If you believe women shouldn't be in combat then they shouldn't be in any other extremely hazardous job either. Women in several other countries serve in combat roles with distinction and honor.

The mentality you present is exactly what your dominating male counterpart wishes you to accept. If you wish to maintain the mentality that you can't do this job or that job because of what's involved in the job then accept your glass ceiling with a smile.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Dominating male counterpart? I really don't know what you're talking about because a woman who isn't in combat isn't being dominated by anyone. But if you think that a man treating a woman like a woman instead of like a man means that he's dominating her......then I am all in favor of male domination Exclamation

I don't think a man or a woman should be in combat and I surely wouldn't want either of my children there.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I wouldn't won't either of mine there either, Dreams. But like I said, I would be doubly worried about a daughter because I think women face special dangers while in combat that men do not face.

In the best of circumstances, we have a strong and capable military that does not have to go to war. I am in favor of a strong military. I am against war.

Nekochan wrote:I wouldn't won't either of mine there either, Dreams. But like I said, I would be doubly worried about a daughter because I think women face special dangers while in combat that men do not face.

In the best of circumstances, we have a strong and capable military that does not have to go to war. I am in favor of a strong military. I am against war.

I agree w/ you there,Neko. As much as a feminist as I am I think women going to combat is over the line.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Dreamsglore wrote:I don't think a man or a woman should be in combat and I surely wouldn't want either of my children there.

Tom thumb workers face as high a risk of death and harm than some combat veterans. Do you want them not to work as well?

How about if nobody works and we all get free food and housing?
Idiot.

Nekochan

Nekochan

I would also worry about my kids working late nights at a convenience store. There have been so many senseless murders of convenience store employees. I think they should all be armed and trained to shoot any lowlife who comes into the store looking for trouble.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

Nekochan wrote:I would also worry about my kids working late nights at a convenience store. There have been so many senseless murders of convenience store employees. I think they should all be armed and trained to shoot any lowlife who comes into the store looking for trouble.

That is the smartest I have read on this forum in months.

Mr Eagle evidentially can not seem to grasp the context of this thread. Ref this statement...If you believe women shouldn't be in combat then they shouldn't be in any other extremely hazardous job either. Remember the original post was about 25% of women in combat area being sexually assaulted by their fellow troops. I stated that IF my daughter joined the Military and went to front line combat I would disown her. Not a Leo, not in a support role but hands on close quarter combat. I still stand by what I said. I speak from experience of first hand involvement. You are misguided if you think i dont like or refuse to work with women in hazardous occupations. I have helped train and worked with many women in the shipyards. It is noted that you have stated than none of your off spring are in the Military.

Tom thumb workers face as high a risk of death and harm than some combat veterans LOL Most combat Veterans have finished their combat fighting, hence the term Veteran. From Websters. Definition of VETERAN

a : an old soldier of long service
b : a former member of the armed forces

Ghandi wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:I don't think a man or a woman should be in combat and I surely wouldn't want either of my children there.

Tom thumb workers face as high a risk of death and harm than some combat veterans. Do you want them not to work as well?

How about if nobody works and we all get free food and housing?
Idiot.

It is beyond me why you continue to humiliate yourself on these forums over and over again? You must be a masochist. There is no way a Tom Thumb worker compares to someone in combat. How asinine?

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

Nekochan wrote:I would also worry about my kids working late nights at a convenience store. There have been so many senseless murders of convenience store employees. I think they should all be armed and trained to shoot any lowlife who comes into the store looking for trouble.

Neko, our local convenience store fired an employee a few months ago for taking down and disarming a female robber who had a shotgun pointed at him.

I wrote a letter in defense of the employee to the parent corporation, but never received a response. It was Circle-K. I haven't patronized any Circle-K stores since then.

Nekochan wrote:
Dominating male counterpart? I really don't know what you're talking about because a woman who isn't in combat isn't being dominated by anyone. But if you think that a man treating a woman like a woman instead of like a man means that he's dominating her......then I am all in favor of male domination Exclamation

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRcPL7v4_zEemyajPNmm5g3aGZiYD-19jgjwRdcndzKzbmyfyhww

Then you should accept the glass ceiling with a smile.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

hallmarkgrad wrote:Mr Eagle evidentially can not seem to grasp the context of this thread. Ref this statement...If you believe women shouldn't be in combat then they shouldn't be in any other extremely hazardous job either. Remember the original post was about 25% of women in combat area being sexually assaulted by their fellow troops. I stated that IF my daughter joined the Military and went to front line combat I would disown her. Not a Leo, not in a support role but hands on close quarter combat. I still stand by what I said. I speak from experience of first hand involvement. You are misguided if you think i dont like or refuse to work with women in hazardous occupations. I have helped train and worked with many women in the shipyards. It is noted that you have stated than none of your off spring are in the Military.

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQqTNpJ5PTUNiUgkqoGarP7T8UbKJeJcGHebnNXrA-7Y_iJFN7tYA

So sexual harassment only happens in the military?

How's Wally-World doing with their sexual harassment class action?

*****SMILE*****

Smile

hallmarkgrad wrote:Tom thumb workers face as high a risk of death and harm than some combat veterans LOL Most combat Veterans have finished their combat fighting, hence the term Veteran. From Websters. Definition of VETERAN

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROSZHUliFEgmF86vowjFhh3Ktv-iGjptMayYOuRHiS-DyvObGz

Ghandi's point was valid. The worker at a Tom Thumb could be male or female. Convenience stores are just as dangerous, if not more, than being in a combat zone.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

Nekochan

Nekochan

Damaged Eagle wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRRcPL7v4_zEemyajPNmm5g3aGZiYD-19jgjwRdcndzKzbmyfyhww

Then you should accept the glass ceiling with a smile.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Smile

What glass ceiling? There are dozens of female generals and admirals in the military.

Damaged Eagle wrote:
hallmarkgrad wrote:Tom thumb workers face as high a risk of death and harm than some combat veterans LOL Most combat Veterans have finished their combat fighting, hence the term Veteran. From Websters. Definition of VETERAN

Now I see why soldiers want more women in combat. - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcROSZHUliFEgmF86vowjFhh3Ktv-iGjptMayYOuRHiS-DyvObGz

Ghandi's point was valid. The worker at a Tom Thumb could be male or female. Convenience stores are just as dangerous, if not more, than being in a combat zone.

*****SMILE*****

Smile

You really dont real very well do you? What danger is a combat Veteran in? How is he in any more danger than the average citizen? Being a combat Veteran is not dangerous. Unless it is falling off the stool at the VFW. ?

Nekochan

Nekochan

LOL, Hallmark! True!

Even in the most dangerous neighborhoods in the USA, the employees of convenience stores get to GO HOME after their shift every day!

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:

*****SMILE*****

Smile

You really dont real very well do you? What danger is a combat Veteran in? How is he in any more danger than the average citizen? Being a combat Veteran is not dangerous. Unless it is falling off the stool at the VFW. ?

You don't have to be retired to be a veteran. Look at what wikipedia says about "combat veveran" and quit being so nitpicky.
This page refers to military veterans, i.e., a person who has served or is serving in the armed forces

Link: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Veteran

veteran  
vet·er·an [vet-er-uh n, ve-truh n] Show IPA
noun
a person who has had long service or experience in an occupation, office, or the like: a veteran of the police force; a veteran of many sports competitions.
a person who has served in a military force, especially one who has fought in a war: a Vietnam veteran.
adjective
(of soldiers) having had service or experience in warfare: veteran troops.
experienced through long service or practice; having served for a long period: a veteran member of Congress.
of, pertaining to, or characteristic of veterans

World English Dictionary
veteran (ˈvɛtərən, ˈvɛtrən)

— n
1. a. a person or thing that has given long service in some capacity
b. ( as modifier ): veteran firemen
2. a. a soldier who has seen considerable active service
b. ( as modifier ): veteran soldier
3. ( US ), ( Canadian ) a person who has served in the military forces
4. See veteran car

[C16: from Latin veterānus, from vetus old]

Sponsored content