Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Christmas was perfect

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Christmas was perfect Empty Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 8:33 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Hopefully, everyone's was as sweet/ bittersweet as mine.

I was able to spend 28 hours with my older daughter and a few more with my younger. We had a glorious Christmas eve with all.....the new in laws "to be", ex, his girlfriend (who is delightful) and many others of Christmas's past.

Saw the older Daughter off at the airport this am with tears but also with the joy of knowing she had made the trip to see me.

Went by to "talk" with my parents and came home to two glorious pups who adore me.

It was a meaningful, loving and wonderous Christmas. I wish and hope the same for all of you.

Many, many hopes that your day was as perfect.

Merry Christmas one and all.

Last edited by stormwatch89 on 12/26/2012, 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

2Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 9:28 pm

I'm glad... Merry Christmas..!!

3Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 9:30 pm

My Christmas was great. It doesn't matter what Santa Clause brought me... it was quality time spent with my sons and one daughter-in-law.

I WILL be hurtin' tonight, though. Between Margaritas and a wonderful dinner, I probably ate 2500 calories...

4Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 9:31 pm

Glad to hear you had a good one Stormy. Very Happy

Hugs

I love you

5Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 9:36 pm

Mine was really great also
[img]Christmas was perfect Mrtrtc[/img]

Grand daughter getting ready to open her Fisher Price 9 mm Fully functional Glock Pistol.

6Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:09 pm

2seaoat

I quietly recognized early this weekend that each moment of my four days with the grandkids celebrating Christmas may be my last. We all have a last Christmas, and most of us simply never look at it that way. So many Christmas pasts have been too much hustle and bustle and not enough quality time with family. You take those closest to you for granted. During the Christmas seasons we make these obligatory gestures toward family, and often only go through the motions. I did not post much the last four days, not because I was being antisocial, rather I was cherishing every moment with all three of my grandkids with a new one on the way.

I had long discussions with my oldest four year old as she shares her views of the world, and tries to correct poor papa. We have a tradition of playing scrabble, but this year the four year old got to play apple to apples a unique board game where a person is given 7 cards which describe something which are the answer cards, and then you take a question card and each player gives an answer with their card. Well the four year old could not read, but she could toss one of her answer cards into the box, and she was so excited to be playing a grownup game other than candyland. It was at that moment, I remembered in detail my last Christmas with my father.

Christmas 1961 was the usual excitement of kids opening their presents, but what was so memorable was that Santa had given a game which was a four horse race with four rings in the middle of the game with a horse attached. Around the perimeter of the horse track were clear plastic bubble which had a plunger where when you pushed the plunger down, a large ball bearing would fly up to a platform with a hole in it and the ball would fall through the hole and advance one of the rings on the track. A finish/start line started the race and all four players plunged away with the player who could put his ball bearing the most times in their hole would win the game.

My memories of sitting around that simple horse race gift were the last memories of my father who as a 10 year old lost him three months later. You see we will all have a last Christmas. So slow down, take a little time to make Christmas not so obligatory, or unpleasant because we all have family members who can push our buttons.......rather think of it as your last Christmas and cherish every moment and every family member......I guarantee you will have an enjoyable Christmas, and we will all create new memories. santa santa santa

7Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:17 pm

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

PkrBum wrote:I'm glad... Merry Christmas..!!

I'm guessing by your response you made the trip safely. Great, pkr. I'd miss you! Are you seeing the white stuff? Happy thoughts are with you and yours.

Human, thanks. We have so many things to be thankful for, if we only take the time.

Smile

8Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:39 pm

I'm at the beach in perdido with my daughters... a simple little xmas... very nice.

9Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:46 pm

Christmas was perfect 382958_574965969199527_1300239032_n

10Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:48 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

Glad y'all all had a nice Christmas.

We spent the weekend in Nashville I love you And then we had a nice Christmas here at home.

11Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:49 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan

hallmarkgrad wrote:Christmas was perfect 382958_574965969199527_1300239032_n

Very nice, Hallmark. So true.

12Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 10:58 pm

Perfect here as well, except for a few absent family members. Christmas Eve supper and gift exchange at Granny's yesterday, then Christmas supper at my folks' place today. Both of them are phenomenal cooks, and everything was amazing.

Great day. rendeer

13Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 11:25 pm

2seaoat

Also.......it is really bad when you take Christ out of Chritsmas. drunken

14Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/25/2012, 11:40 pm

2seaoat wrote:Also.......it is really bad when you take Christ out of Chritsmas. drunken

if it makes you feel any better, we always make jesus a birthday cake and sing hppy birthday to him. Very Happy

15Christmas was perfect Empty Re: Christmas was perfect 12/26/2012, 11:10 am

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

2seaoat wrote:Also.......it is really bad when you take Christ out of Chritsmas. drunken

Very Happy You GOT me, SO!

Thanks!

Sounds like everyone had a great one........so glad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum