Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How My Mother In-Law Was Almost Ripped-Off

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I am still pissed off about it, even though it was just $20.09.

I manage my in-laws financial affairs and have full access to all of their accounts. They are both old and feeble and cannot do it for themselves any more.

Anyway, on October 29, my MIL bought two clothing items at the Belk department store to give to my daughter for a birthday gift. The salesperson hornswoggled my MIL into signing up for a Belk rewards credit card so she could get a 20% discount on her purchase. MIL really didn't understand what she was doing and agreed to sign up, even though she thought she had paid for the purchase with her regular debit card, which was her intent.

She got her first statement in the mail, and it showed her roughly $20 purchase, and included on the statement was a $20.09 late fee. How can you get a late fee on your first statement? The addition of a late fee doubled the cost of her original purchase.

She brought the statement over to me and I looked at it closely today and saw that she was totally ripped-off. I called Belk credit services and gave them a piece of my mind over this. The customer service person said they would drop the late fee and I then went to their website and paid them for the original purchase from my in-laws' checking account. I also closed the Belk credit card account from the Belk website and shredded the credit card they gave my MIL. I will follow the account from the website to ensure they don't try to rip this account off any further.

Banksters--liars and thieves--intent on ripping off the elderly and the feeble.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum