Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

UAW Files Charges Against Romney on His Auto Bailout Profiteering

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.nationofchange.org/uaw-files-charges-against-romney-his-auto-bail-out-profiteering-1351783724

"...In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bail-out fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

As a result, the shares Singer and Romney bought for just 67 cents are today worth over $30, a 4,000% gain. Singer's hedge fund made a profit of $1.27 billion and the Romney's tens of millions.

The UAW complaint calls for Romney to reveal exactly how much he made off Delphi -- and continues to make. The Singer syndicate, once in control of Delphi, eliminated every single UAW job --25,000-- and moved almost all auto parts production to Mexico and China where Delphi now employs 25,000 auto parts workers."

--------------------

Wish I had bought some of that. lol!

NaNook

NaNook

meanwhile in the Real World, Obama has issued common shares of stock in GM to taxpayers. How did the common shares work out for those holding them for years?

They were zeroed out. Give me a break, GM was a union bailout. Trust the union to screw it up. Wait and see...........

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

UAW?

Have you nothing better than that????????????

Markle

Markle

The UAW is given TENS OF BILLIONS by President Barack Hussein Obama and it is STILL not enough. Now they have to sue someone. Probably angry that President Obama could not get Card Check passed and they're out to get someone.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

"...In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bail-out fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

As a result, the shares Singer and Romney bought for just 67 cents are today worth over $30, a 4,000% gain. Singer's hedge fund made a profit of $1.27 billion and the Romney's tens of millions.

There are so many "iffy's in that.
1. secretly
2. controlling
3. threatened
4. huge payments
5. complained
6. taxpayer subsidies

Link to validate the above?

Regardless, it will take a businessman to pull us out of this slump a one term, unqualified senator has exacerbated.

More power to Romney.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Markle wrote:The UAW is given TENS OF BILLIONS by President Barack Hussein Obama and it is STILL not enough. Now they have to sue someone. Probably angry that President Obama could not get Card Check passed and they're out to get someone.

Just a SLIGHT exaggeration there Mr. M. Where's YOUR footnote/link?

United Auto Workers
HEAVY HITTER
The International Union, United Automobile, Aerospace and Agricultural Implement Workers of America (commonly known as United Auto Workers) is one of the most politically active of all unions. At the end of 2008 it focused primarily on obtaining federal taxpayer funds for the ailing automakers, sending labor representatives to testify alongside management executives at congressional hearings. Read more...

View totals for other cycles:
CONTRIBUTIONS

$10,756,552
ranks 12 of 20,093
LOBBYING

$1,484,000 (2012)
$2,120,000 (2011)
ranks 164 of 4,089 in 2012
OUTSIDE SPENDING

$67,903
ranks 133 of 242

http://www.opensecrets.org/orgs/summary.php?id=d000000070

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

stormwatch89 wrote:"...In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bail-out fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

1. secretly
2. controlling
3. threatened
4. huge payments
5. complained
6. taxpayer subsidies

Regardless, it will take a businessman to pull us out of this slump a one term, unqualified senator has exacerbated.

More power to Romney.

I have to laugh at anyone who refers to Romney as a "businessman". He's not a businessman. He's a predator.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:"...In 2009, Ann Romney partnered with her husband's key donor, billionaire Paul Singer, who secretly bought a controlling interest in Delphi Auto, the former GM auto parts division. Singer's hedge fund, Elliott Management, threatened to cut off GM's supply of steering columns unless GM and the government's TARP auto bail-out fund provided Delphi with huge payments. While the US treasury complained this was "extortion," the hedge funds received, ultimately, $12.9 billion in taxpayer subsidies.

1. secretly
2. controlling
3. threatened
4. huge payments
5. complained
6. taxpayer subsidies

More power to Romney.

I have to laugh at anyone who refers to Romney as a "businessman". He's not a businessman. He's a predator.

FT, I really don't want to fight with you and won't, as we will never agree politically.

Still, I'm curious to know what you would call Obama?

Romney is a predator....got it, but what is Obama?

"FT, I really don't want to fight with you and won't, as we will never agree politically.

Romney is a predator....got it, but what is Obama?"

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>><<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

The POTUS. Better get used to it for another 1465 days.

[quote="stormwatch89"]
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:"..

FT, I really don't want to fight with you and won't, as we will never agree politically.

Destructor

UAW Files Charges Against Romney on His Auto Bailout Profiteering My+Work+Here+Is+Done

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

[quote="nochain"]
stormwatch89 wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:"..

Destructor

UAW Files Charges Against Romney on His Auto Bailout Profiteering My+Work+Here+Is+Done

WOW! Even a solid Obama supporter such as myself didn't realize he had power over the weather! Amazing!

Hey, it is clear and sunny outside my window. Guess I should give him thanks for that?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum