Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Donald Trump tries to order schools to open in September. Problem is, the 10th Amendment to the Constitution makes clear that he has no authority or power to order schools to open. He then tweets that if states refuse his demand he "may cut off funding if not open." This kind of quid pro quo sounds eerily similar to his "perfect call" with president Zelensky - no congressional funds unless Zelensky does him a favor (though) and announce false dirt on Joe Biden. One thing is crystal clear: no one can accuse Donald Trump of learning from his mistakes.

PkrBum

PkrBum

The chance of an otherwise healthy child dying of covid is infinitesimal.

You're parroting politics and ideology... not science or math.

zsomething

Before some piece of shit shows up spouting "kids rarely die of the virus" talking points like Tucker Carlson's trained parrot (uh oh, am I too late?  You gotta be quick around here!), dying isn't the be-all end-all of keeping kids away from infectious situations.  

First, they can die, though it's not prevalent.  https://www.cnbc.com/2020/04/06/cdc-says-three-kids-have-died-from-suspected-coronavirus-in-us-as-some-children-get-severely-sick.html   They do, however, have to live with adults who they can infect... and adults are dying of this quite a bit.  And, no, not just ancient ones.  

Killing isn't the only thing to worry about from this virus.  https://www.vox.com/2020/5/8/21251899/coronavirus-long-term-effects-symptoms  People -- including children -- can end up with lung scarring, cardiac issues, clotting issues, and brain damage that can affect them their entire lives. The list of bad stuff they're learning this virus can do to you is long and we still don't know a lot about it yet.

I get it that some people place a much higher value on protecting a narcissistic scumbag criminal con-man than they do America's children, or its older people.  Cults are like that -- they inspire adherents to die for the godhead.  But, regardless, it's a really fucking bad idea.   The country went into lockdown for a couple months when every state had about the same number of cases as any individual county in that state has in it now, and they're pushing for re-opening things? The situation's a whole lot worse now, and the response is a hundred times stupider. And they're not even factoring in what conditions will be like at the time, at all -- they're just making blanket statements about what they're gonna do, situation at the time be damned. Because Trump doesn't give a flying fuck about any of us, he doesn't give a fuck about the country as a whole, he just cares about how things make him look. There is, literally, nothing in the world to that man but his ego.

And, for some reason, he's got a bunch of people all too ready to enable him to do that. They'll pay any price to protect a man who's pissing in their face. Bunch of cringing, prideless masochists and sycophants, brainwashed to the bone.

Anybody who'd push their kid into that situation to benefit an abusive moron president doesn't love their kid very much, and probably failed 'em in a thousand other ways anyhow.

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much? Ec1RxiVXsAAcLhk?format=jpg&name=small

zsomething

Beau explains the magic trick. Which is exactly what this is about.

Floridatexan likes this post

PkrBum

PkrBum

Bs... there is no conclusive evidence of longterm effects. How did the left forget how science works? There's a theory... there's no empirical evidence as of yet. There are a few models... though they're so incomplete that it's roughly a weather forecast by Ron Burgundy. About all we do know do far is the death rate of those who exhibited symptoms and tested positive along with infectious indicators such as an elevated WBC. But that's what you choose to ignore... LMAO. Silly comrades. How do you ignore simple logic and common sense? But then accuse others of ignoring science and math? Lol... cmon.

zsomething

Well, I guess it's safe to disregard numerous studies done by medical experts, since they come into conflict with a desperately-trying-to-laugh-it-off barely-literate chucklehead who reads The Epoch Times and never rejects any idiot theory that hoves into his view, just as long as it's against "liberals."   I mean, he did  "lol" and "LMAO" like three, four times there, and that's pretty convincing.

Boy, glad that's settled, I was worried for a while.  

Especially since a nurse who used to take care of my dad during his last years died of COVID just last week, only around 55 years old.  Left a couple kids without their mom and a couple more without their grandma and me without a friend, but I'm sure it wasn't that bad, WAS IT?  

https://clinicaltrials.gov/ct2/show/NCT04359927

https://www.healthcentral.com/article/long-term-effects-coronavirus

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/04/more-bad-news-on-the-long-term-effects-of-the-coronavirus.html

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/jul/06/coronavirus-covid-19-mild-symptoms-who

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/what-we-know-about-the-long-term-effects-of-covid-19

https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/medical/15-scary-after-effects-of-coronavirus-everyone-should-know/ss-BB14GWUT

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much? Chris-cuomo-coronavirus-lungs-x-ray

PkrBum

PkrBum

Longterm conclusive evidence 6 months into the virus... ok. Oh... and an anecdotal account. Whelp that does it folks... the covid armageddon is upon us. All of the projections are true... the media and leftists were 100% correct... we're all going to die. Cough cough. Rolling Eyes

zsomething

Oh, I see. I think I get the rules now.

So six months of a pandemic isn't enough time for the evidence of highly-trained medical experts to be valid, but that exact same six months is puh-lennnnnnty of time for a half-literate simpleton who believes every specious conspiracy theory site in the world and whose "medical expertise" exhibits itself in half his family dyin' on his watch to dismiss it all as just some made-up chicken-little conspiracy.

That about right?

So the entire world, which has never managed to agree on anything, all got together just for this thing and even agreed it'd be worth wrecking all their economies just to pick on poor sweetheart Donald Trump. Mmm-hmm, that makes goooood sense, while scientific studies by trained experts in the field are invalid and deaths are just "anecdotal evidence" that don't matter.

You like using that word "empirical" a lot but you have no fuckin' clue what it means, no more than you do "confirmation bias." You engage in none of the former and almost exclusively in the latter. And you mock us for supposedly ignoring science, while you always dredge up any excuse to dismiss everything said by scientists.

Empirically, who knows more about this disease: a trained expert with 40 years in the biz and reams of inside information:

...or you, a right-tard jackoff who reads too much propaganda and is too low-watt to ever reject anything that could support what you want to think. And what you want to think is always the opposite whatever people you consider to be "liberal" think, regardless of how right or reasonable or supported-by-facts-and-logic that may be. Everything you believe is determined by whatever a "liberal" around you believes. It's always gotta be the opposite. I don't think you'd admit to liking birthday cake if Linda or FloridaTexan or I said it was good.

You're not even a person, you're just a reflex action. You're a whoopie cushion. "Liberals" saying anything blows you up and then we have to listen to you flatulently brrrrrap... except what you blow out is less intelligent than a whoopie cushion's noise. And a whole lot less entertaining. People buy whoopie cushions, while they try to get rid of you.

And, by the way, I know you're an uncreative, unoriginal sack of stewed sewage who's incapable of ever having an original thought (lord knows you've proven that often enough, I've met parakeets with a wider range of things they can say), but I'd think that stealing my shtick in a reply to me would embarrass even you. I do the "boy, glad that's settled" thing and then you gotta do a variation of the same thing because you can't come up with anything on your own. Even your opponents have to be a set of training wheels to get your feeble dope-raddled ass through a conflict. Jesus Christ, it must be humiliating to be you and not have more pride than to do that and think the lameness of it wouldn't get noticed. Quit hugging my ankle, boy, I don't like ya.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:Bs... there is no conclusive evidence of longterm effects. How did the left forget how science works? There's a theory... there's no empirical evidence as of yet. There are a few models... though they're so incomplete that it's roughly a weather forecast by Ron Burgundy. About all we do know do far is the death rate of those who exhibited symptoms and tested positive along with infectious indicators such as an elevated WBC. But that's what you choose to ignore... LMAO. Silly comrades. How do you ignore simple logic and common sense? But then accuse others of ignoring science and math? Lol... cmon.

How about you go out and expose yourself; then report back and we'll see who has a grasp on science, you freaking idiot.

zsomething likes this post

zsomething

https://nypost.com/2020/07/13/ohio-army-vet-who-refused-to-wear-face-mask-dies-of-coronavirus/

Here's a tale of another self-professed smartguy "expert" who thought he knew better'n everybody else, fucked around and found out, and suffered before he died.

An Ohio Army vet who refused to wear a face mask because he didn’t want to buy into “that damn hype” died of coronavirus complications on the Fourth of July.

Richard Rose, 37, of Port Clinton, who served for nine years, including two tours in Iraq and Afghanistan, died at his home, according to an online obituary.

Back on April 28, he posted that he was ignoring official recommendations to wear a face mask amid the deadly pandemic.

“Let [me] make this clear,” Rose wrote. “I’m not buying a f—ing mask. I’ve made it this far by not buying into that damn hype.”

Rose posted on July 1 that he had been “very sick the past few days.”

A short time later, he wrote, “Well. I’m officially under quarantine for the next 14 days. I just tested positive for COVID-19. Sucks because I had just started a new job!”

The next day, he wrote, “This covid s–t sucks! I’m so out of breath just sitting here.”

His last post came a day before his death: a meme with the words, “When you see me in heaven don’t s–t yourself you judgmental pricks.”

Conley called it “horrible that we lost Rick,” adding that “the even more tragic part of that is who else became infected because of the actions that he chose.”

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much? Rich2
Richard Rose, dead at 37 from "hype."
Heaven's got a new stupid fucking angel.

P.S. Bright Boy was so convinced of his smartness he went to a pool party of other terribly-smart know-it-alls.  That's probably where he got it, and so did a bunch of other people who'll likely suffer a lot and many die.  

And he "LOL"'ed about it... wotta legacy.

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much? EcmY2aJXoAAqBx6?format=jpg&name=medium

O' course, no matter how many you pile up, they're all "anecdotal accounts" to the people who don't wanna believe a reality that says they're flippin' stupid.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Dog bites man. Rolling Eyes

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jamapediatrics/fullarticle/2766037

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

A study just published this week, states that children learn at a faster pace when they are alive.

zsomething

Who needs a mask when they can just do this?

Trump Tells States To Open Schools In Sept. Or He'll Withhold Federal Funding. Quid Pro Quo Much? Article-1264092-081D0A9F000005DC-144_468x339

PkrBum

PkrBum

You prefer partisan demagoguery to the facts, science, math... no surprise.

It benefits your politics... it has nothing to do with what's best for society.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

More than 80 babies test positive for COVID-19 in one Texas county

As cases of the novel coronavirus continue to surge across the country, Texas and Florida remain among the states with the highest number of increases cases in the last several weeks. Health officials are urging individuals to not only wear masks but continue social distancing to stop the spread. While many believe that the elderly are most susceptible to the virus and children are out of risk, reports continue to show otherwise.

More than 80 toddlers under the age of two, with a majority younger than 1-years-old, tested positive for the coronavirus in a single Texas county, according to a local public health official. "These babies have not even had their first birthdays yet," Annette Rodriguez, director of public health for Corpus Christi in Nueces County said Friday during a press conference. "Please help us to stop the spread of this disease. Stay social distanced from others; stay protected. Wear a mask when in public and for everyone else please do your best to stay home." Rodriguez did not provide further information on the conditions of the babies outside of stating that fewer than 10 infants have been hospitalized.

According to NBC News, on Friday Rodriguez initially said statistics showed 85 infants under 1-years-old having tested positive for the virus, by Saturday she clarified the total included children between the ages of one and two years old. Of the 85 infants who tested positive 52 are younger than one.

Rodriguez’s announcement follows the nation’s highest single-day record of new reported COVID-19 cases at 75,775. Within the last week, Nueces County has seen the fastest increase in new coronavirus cases as opposed to any other metropolitan in Texas, Corpus Christi city manager Peter Zanoni told CNN. “You can see the trend line is relatively flat until July, and this is where we have had that huge spike in cases, and this is why it’s turned into a major problem for Nueces County,” he said.

Zanoni noted that while in April the city saw reports of three to five new cases a day, by July the seven-day average for the county was up to 357. Public officials told The Texas Tribune an increase in tourist and visitor activity on beachfronts could have contributed to an increase in cases. The city has reported more than 8,000 coronavirus cases and 82 deaths as a result of the virus, CNN reported.

According to The Texas Tribune, the city has one of the fastest-growing outbreaks reported this month with an addition of more than 2,000 new COVID-19 cases each week. Nueces County Medical Examiner Adel Shaker told The TexasTribune last week that a baby boy, younger than 6 months old, tested positive for the virus and died last week. Data from the Texas Department of State Health Services shows 174 deaths in the county reported on Friday alone.

With the county reaching a 38 percent positivity rate for residents who test for coronavirus, Rodriguez emphasized the urgent need for residents to work with officials to lower the spread. "Residents must act now. We desperately need you to help lower the transmission of this virus. Stay home. Especially if you are sick, older and/or have medical conditions," she said. "If you are sick and do not need medical attention, do everything in your power to get well." Noting that state hospitals were reaching capacity, Rodriguez added: "This rate must be lowered if we are going to be successful in lowering the number of hospitalizations and lowering the number of people that we're losing to the virus. The next two weeks are critical in slowing the spread of COVID-19."

According to data compiled by John Hopkins University, nearly 140,000 people have died in the U.S. as a result of COVID-19. As of this report, there have been at least 330,645 cases of coronavirus in Texas. At least 3,976 deaths have been reported in the state as a result of COVID-19.

https://www.dailykos.com/stories/2020/7/19/1962040/-More-than-80-babies-test-positive-for-COVID-19-in-one-Texas-county?detail=emaildkre

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum