Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Parasite. Last Nights Big Oscar Winner

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Telstar

Telstar

bigdog

It was as good as any of the other movies nominated and better than most. Any movie that I can get through in closed captions has to be excellent. I've only ever watched this one and "Letters from Iwo Jima." Both were well worth watching. As a matter of fact, "Letters" is still the best war movie I've ever seen.

Telstar

Telstar

I'm glad you enjoyed it but here are some other classic foreign films you might want to check out. 7 Samurai 1954, Ran 1985, Rashomon 1950, Ikiru 1952. Japan, Kurosawa. Cinema Paradiso 1982, Italian, Tornatore. Miracle In Milan, 1951, DeSica. La Strada, 1954, Fellini, La Dolce Vita 1960, Fillini. Nights of Cabiria, 1957 Fellini and 81/2, 1963 Fellini. Subtitles are always better than the old dubbing method that makes every movie seem like Godzilla. There is a pretty good Italian murder mystery from the sixties that has all the male characters dubbed by voice expert Paul Frees. Even the star, Cameron Mitchell is dubbed by Frees.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum