Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mueller's testimony

+3
Telstar
bigdog
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 12:57 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

27Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 1:13 pm

Sal

Sal

And, here comes the Russian troll hitting his mark right on time.

28Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 2:18 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Sal wrote:And, here comes the Russian troll hitting his mark right on time.

Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Giphy_11

Last edited by Telstar on 7/26/2019, 2:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

29Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 2:27 pm

bigdog

Well, I guess if we were the first people in America who had wondered aloud about Mueller's testimony and his general health, we might be Russian trolls then, right?

Except that CNN and MSNBC and several of the major newspapers have commented on it way before it was ever mentioned on this internet forum.

I don't think anybody mentioning something that's already in the REAL news media on here is NECESSARILY a Russian spy Wink

Shhhhh Comrade...……
What are you DOING????????

Don't let them know.

30Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 2:54 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

bigdog wrote:Well, I guess if we were the first people in America who had wondered aloud  about Mueller's testimony and his general health, we might be Russian trolls then, right?

Except that CNN and MSNBC and several of the major newspapers have commented on it way before it was ever mentioned on this internet forum.

I don't think anybody mentioning something that's already in the REAL news media on here is NECESSARILY a Russian spy Wink

Shhhhh Comrade...……
What are you DOING????????

Don't let them know.

OMG, the man is tired and probably sick of the drama. Let's see you run a two plus year investigation and sit through a bunch of GOP jerks trying to discredit you, not to mention the AG lying to the media about your hard work. Maybe he had a cold. But, by all means, let's go along with *resident *rump's version of the facts. He's sooooooooo credible.

31Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 3:30 pm

RealLindaL

FT, did you watch the seven hours of testimony?

32Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 3:30 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

We are in the post-Mueller testimony period. We have been conditioned by a combination of new-as-entertainment networks and the reality TV host in the WH.

We are suppose to think that if there are not explosions and car chases, or their verbal equivalent, that it is not significant.

On the contrary, Mueller did present many hard facts in his testimony. Representative Adam Schiff walks him through almost 30 points that discredit the president and implicate his campaign. None of this is a hoax, but the Republicans keep supporting Trump.

I know most of you agree with this. We need to remember the basics here and not be disappointed that it wasn't as dramatic as we may have liked.

33Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 3:40 pm

RealLindaL

I don't know exactly whom you're addressing, other, but as for me, I wasn't disappointed it "wasn't dramatic;" I didn't expect anything of the sort based on Mueller's commitment to stick to the "four corners of the report." Yet I agree that many, many strong points were made, for those who were listening and were able to look past Mueller's speaking difficulties and hesitancies.

I've simply expressed concern for this fine man's health. It's a worry.

34Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 4:21 pm

bigdog

That's all anyone has done. He's 75 years old, and we are not the first people who have said he didn't look well yesterday during his testimony. Stephen Colbert even mentioned it, if I remember right. A lot of very well credentialed liberals have mentioned it.
I was looking to see, when he walked out, if his assistant was going to help him walk out of the building. He did kind of put his hand on Mueller's back, as if to support him a bit.

PEOPLE, This is coming from somebody who isn't even as old as Mueller and has arthritis all over, especially in my feet, and has an artificial knee. My husband is only 73, but he bends over when he walks and has one artificial knee and needs another. Once you get this age, it's pretty much impossible not to look around at ourselves and our friends and know that we are not those models on TV who are taking some magic drug that makes them able to move around like a yoga expert and do anything they want to do. I respect Mueller greatly, I've worried that some nutcase might kill him over the last couple of years, and I simply had hoped, somehow, that he wasn't like us other people in our mid 70's.I'd never seen him talk before, and it was a revelation, after hearing how "sharp as a tack" he is, to see that he was slow to answer and seemed confused at times. It's not an insult, it is concern, as Linda said

It takes nothing at all from the truth of his report, and the Dems did a perfectly good job of reading the parts of it that showed both obstruction and conspiracy. The problem wasn't Mueller or his presentation, it was that not many people watched. Probably very few of the terminally brainwashed.

35Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 8:35 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

No problem intended. I was reacting, I guess, to the ho-hum responses from the talking heads. At first, right after the two hearings several reactions were of at least slight disappointment that there had been no very dramatic, highly emotion statement on Mueller's part.

I think most liberals were set for a low-key report. I also thought that the Dems did a great job of anticipating his struggle to read or speak so they did most of it for him. He did a great job, I thought.

36Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 11:32 am

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:FT, did you watch the seven hours of testimony?

That's what I thought.

37Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 11:43 am

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:

That's what I thought.

Did you read the report in its entirety?

38Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 11:49 am

Sal

Sal

39Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 2:32 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

RealLindaL wrote:

That's what I thought.

No, I did not watch 7 hours of testimony. Is that the litmus test?

I think Mueller was listening carefully and giving thought to phraseology. I know some of the R's were trying to trip him up, and a part of that was not speaking into their mics, which would make it appear Mueller had a hearing problem. Also, whenever he asked for a break, there was a delay.

BTW, Mick Jagger is 76.

40Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 5:19 pm

bigdog

Oh, Good God, Mick Jagger is 76.
I didn't care for him when he was 25. The Beatles were so much more talented.

Mick Jagger's health isn't perfect either, guess you haven't kept up with all the news over the last year or so. Also, he's had to be active on stage during his career, and Mueller has had a desk job. There's no comparison.
I also suspect that moving from town to town and doing concerts several times a week has kept Willie Nelson healthy for an 86 year old too, but he's not as spry as he used to be either. Of course, he's still 1000 times more talented than Mick Jagger will ever be. I'd add IMO to that but it's just fact so I won't bother Very Happy

By the way, since  you did not watch the 7 hours of testimony, how can you say that every time Mueller asked for a break there was a delay?
You don't even know if he asked for any delays, do you?

Did you watch it at all? Because if you did, you didn't see a whole lot of breaks taken. They had him there for 3 hours and didn't want to waste a lot of time, neither the Democrats nor the Republicans.

Nobody has insulted Mueller here, simply pointed out that he's not as young as he used to be. Some concern has been expressed about his stamina and physical health. No one has insulted him or his report.
There's nothing here to pick a fight over, but please don't say you didn't watch the testimony and then say you knew that he was given a break every time he asked for one. There's no way you could know that. You could assume it, but you can't say it.

And not to defend the Republicans, but I understood every word of every question they made. Mueller himself kept leaning away from his Mic and had to be asked to speak into it several times.  The Republicans questions were convoluted and intended to confuse, I'll admit that, but they were perfectly audible on TV, so I'm guessing they were in the hearing room as well.

Last edited by bigdog on 7/30/2019, 5:55 pm; edited 1 time in total

41Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 5:43 pm

Sal

Sal

I believe someone suggested he was suffering from dementia.

That’s pretty insulting.

It was clear that he wasn’t happy to be put in that position, he was painfully succinct, and he wasn’t going to deviate from nor elaborate on his report.

In short, he was Robert Mueller.

I watched enough of it to realize I didn’t need to watch it ...

... because I read the damn report.

42Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 6:02 pm

bigdog

Well, since you didn't watch the hearings and neither did FT, I'm amazed at how positive you are about Mueller's performance.

Let's just say, I can't respect your opinion if you didn't see it.

43Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 6:40 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:Well, since you didn't watch the hearings and neither did FT, I'm amazed at how positive you are about Mueller's performance.

Let's just say, I can't respect your opinion if you didn't see it.

I didn’t need to watch much of it ....

.... because I read the damn report.

And, I know enough to not expect a performance from Robert Mueller.

44Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 6:43 pm

Sal

Sal

Sal wrote:

That’s what I thought.

45Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/30/2019, 7:15 pm

bigdog

Sal wrote:
Sal wrote:

That’s what I thought.

Well, you're down to answering your own questions now? cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Good. Makes it easier for the rest of us.

BTW, anyone can tell anyone they read the whole report and nobody else can prove whether they did or did not.
But only people who watched the hearings would know how the questioning seemed to affect Mueller.

Those are facts.

46Mueller's testimony - Page 2 Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/31/2019, 1:25 am

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:
Sal wrote:
Sal wrote:

That’s what I thought.

Well, you're down to answering your own questions now? cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
Good. Makes it easier for the rest of us.

BTW, anyone can tell anyone they read the whole report and nobody else can prove whether they did or did not.
But only people who watched the hearings would know how the questioning seemed to affect Mueller.

Those are facts.

cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers   cheers

Also, anyone who suggests that sincerely expressed concern about the possibility of someone's impending dementia is "insulting," is showing their ignorance.   Dementia is an ILLNESS, just as is cancer, heart disease, or addiction, to offer a few examples.  Concern about illness is hardly insulting.  And I can assure you that the major media did not spend their air time re-playing the many times during the seven hours that Mueller stumbled and grasped for words, and/or appeared thoroughly confused or disoriented.  There was simply no way to grasp how disturbing it was to watch, unless you WATCHED.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum