Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mueller's testimony

+3
Telstar
bigdog
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mueller's testimony Empty Mueller's testimony 7/24/2019, 9:34 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

I watched Mueller's testimony all day long, from 7:30 or so until the end. I have a copy of the report in my Kindle. I've read lots of it but not every word. I've read several books on current political events. That being said, I turned on Fox after the hearings and they are telling their viewers that we were hacked by the Democrats, that the whole "Russia investigation" was/is a hoax, etc.

It just boggles my mind how a whole segment of our society can seriously have their heads buried so far (in the sand) in the clouds or whatever that they have seriously convinced themselves that so many people, for such a long period of time have spent so much time and energy on a farce.

Mueller said today that yes, the Russians organized the social media attack and a long list of other lies and coverups committed by the DJT campaign. It is just frightening that so many people are in the dark about all this. It is truly impressive that they are able to keep so many fake balls in the air!  I wonder when reality is going to rear its head in this alternate universe?

Updated at 4:56 p.m. ET

Peril from foreign interference in American elections will persist through the 2020 presidential race, former special counsel Robert Mueller warned on Wednesday.

Asked whether Russia would attempt to attack future U.S. elections, as it did in 2016, Mueller replied: "They're doing it as we sit here."

Mueller didn't detail a prescription for how he believes Congress or the United States should respond, but he recommended generally that intelligence and law enforcement agencies should work together.

"They should use the full resources that we have to address this," Mueller said.

https://www.npr.org/2019/07/24/743093777/watch-live-mueller-testifies-on-capitol-hill-about-2016-election-interference

2Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/24/2019, 10:32 pm

bigdog

I watched all 7  hours today too, certifying myself forever as a political junkie.
I thought Nadler was helping Mueller hit it out of the park for the first hour or so, but then it calmed down a little. I think Mueller needed a couple more breaks during his testimony, he looked very tired.
I'm afraid I doubt it will make any difference that he proved, without a doubt, that the Russian thing was not a hoax nor a witch hunt. The people who still believe that are too brainwashed to see anything clearly anymore.
Trump is going to have to be voted out of office by the people. Congress will never do anything. They talked big today, but I didn't believe a word of what the Democratic leaders had to say. They have no intention of even trying to hold Trump accountable until the election.

3Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 10:47 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Brainwashed is the only word that describes those who follow and believe the right wing spin. It will be interesting to see polls run after the hearings yesterday to see if public opinion has changed re the Russian attack on our system.

Why the Republicans seem determined to protect this man who welcomed the Russian involvement is beyond me. The "R" on the ballot should be read as "Russian".

4Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 11:18 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

A little comic relief from events yesterday. Nerds sneak in.. onetermdonnie.com

The image almost resembles the official seal of the president, but a closer examination reveals alterations that seem to poke fun at the president’s golfing penchant and accusations that he has ties to Russia. Neither the White House nor Turning Point knows how it got there or who created it.

The eagle has two heads instead of one — a symbol historically tied to empire and dominance. It closely resembles the bird on the Russian coat of arms and also appears on the flags of Serbia, Albania and Montenegro. Its left talons, rather than clasping 13 arrows, appear to clutch a set of golf clubs.

One Washington Post reader noted a website that sells merchandise featuring what appears to be the same fake seal. In those images, the words on the parody eagle’s banner say “45 es un títere,” which in Spanish translates to “45 is a puppet.” On the official presidential seal, the eagle’s mouth holds a banner with the U.S. motto, “E pluribus unum” — out of many, one. The fake seal on the shop’s merchandise shows the eagle clutching cash in its right talons.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2019/07/25/how-did-trump-end-up-front-presidential-seal-doctored-include-russian-symbol/?utm_term=.679d5a3bb1c3

Mueller's testimony B3fafb77f7366147c2970349e119f4e7_525857417e9e_t

https://inktale.com/onetermdonnie/trumps-presidential-seal

5Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 11:23 am

Telstar

Telstar

othershoe1030 wrote:Brainwashed is the only word that describes those who follow and believe the right wing spin. It will be interesting to see polls run after the hearings yesterday to see if public opinion has changed re the Russian attack on our system.

Why the Republicans seem determined to protect this man who welcomed the Russian involvement is beyond me. The "R" on the ballot should be read as "Russian".

cheers cheers cheers

6Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 12:17 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Morning Joe referenced this quote this morning and I thought it was an oldie but a goodie for of things that bears repeating.

House Majority Leader Kevin McCarthy told Republican colleagues in a private conversation last year that he thought Donald Trump was being paid by Russian President Vladimir Putin, according to a Washington Post report published Wednesday.
McCarthy made the comments to House Speaker Paul Ryan and other party leaders in Washington on June 15, 2016 — a month before Trump clinched the Republican nomination, and just after news reports surfaced that Russia had hacked into the Democratic National Committee.

"There's two people I think Putin pays: Rohrabacher and Trump," McCarthy said, the Post reported, citing a recording it obtained of the conversation. Dana Rohrabacher is a Republican congressman from California known for his staunchly pro-Russia views.

When some of his audience laughed at the comments, McCarthy added: "Swear to God," the Post reported.

Ryan reportedly ended the conversation and insisted those present to not discuss it with the press.

"This is an off the record," Ryan told staffers, laughing. "NO LEAKS...alright?! This is how we know we're a real family here."

Rep. Steve Scalise, the majority whip, chimed in: "That's how you know that we're tight."

"What's said in the family stays in the family," Ryan said.

The full transcript can be read here.

Spokespeople for both Ryan and McCarthy initially denied the conversation ever took place. But when the Post told them that there was a recording of the conversation, they said McCarthy's comments were a joke.

https://www.businessinsider.com/kevin-mccarthy-trump-putin-paying-2017-5

7Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 3:56 pm

Sal

Sal

I read the report.

It is damning.

Robert Mueller did exactly what he was expected to do - show up and answer questions about the report and nothing more.

It was boring, and politics in America today is all about optics and spin, because Americans are largely too stupid and/or too distracted to engage effectively in their government.

And, the ratings driven media only compounds the problem.

As always in the end, we get exactly the type of government we deserve.

Sad!

8Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 5:21 pm

RealLindaL

Really hate to say it -- it's so very awful to contemplate -- but I can't help fearing that Mueller is in the early stages of dementia of some kind.   Obviously that can't be revealed, if it's true.  The Repugs would insist on throwing out the entire report.

I think that's possibly why Mueller's people were so insistent on his being accompanied by his right hand man for the hearings, even though there wasn't much conversation between the two, except maybe during breaks.

I'm way more than sure I'm not the only one on this forum who's been thinking the same thing about Mueller's mentation.

9Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 5:25 pm

RealLindaL

Just made the sorry mistake of googling, 'Mueller dementia??' UGH.

10Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:00 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote:Really hate to say it -- it's so very awful to contemplate -- but I can't help fearing that Mueller is in the early stages of dementia of some kind.   Obviously that can't be revealed, if it's true.  The Repugs would insist on throwing out the entire report.

I think that's possibly why Mueller's people were so insistent on his being accompanied by his right hand man for the hearings, even though there wasn't much conversation between the two, except maybe during breaks.

I'm way more than sure I'm not the only one on this forum who's been thinking the same thing about Mueller's mentation.

So Mueller affirms all the most damaging accusations against Trump, but not with the anticipated pizzazz, so you accuse him of suffering from dementia like a common Biden.

Stupid Americans and their precious optics .... [shakes head]

11Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:15 pm

RealLindaL

Oh for Pete's sake, Sal, WTF is your problem?? Why are you always trying to pick a contentious fight with anyone who expresses an opinion??  Good holy grief.

READ MY LIPS: It had nothing to do with PIZZAZZ.   It had to do with his not presenting a solid, strong presence that inspired confidence, and instead actually sounding inarticulate at many junctures.  Look, you read the report, but did you sit through the seven hours of hearings as I did yesterday?  Answer me that.  I have to believe that had you watched it, you would've seen a man often very confused, stumbling, stammering, having trouble reaching for common words, and acting as if he had no memory himself of what was in many sections of the report.   This is not to mention that he was having great difficulty hearing and following the questions.  

IT WAS VERY DISTURBING.  AND I MEAN VERY.  

I am a Mueller fan and was deeply saddened by this.  I DON'T NEED YOUR SHIT, SO GET OFF MY CASE.

12Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:16 pm

bigdog

RealLindaL wrote:Really hate to say it -- it's so very awful to contemplate -- but I can't help fearing that Mueller is in the early stages of dementia of some kind.   Obviously that can't be revealed, if it's true.  The Repugs would insist on throwing out the entire report.

Just like always, we agree. I felt very sorry for him up there, and I think he'd have loved to have his assistant answer some of those questions for him. He seemed to have trouble putting his sentences together on a couple of occasions. I don't think he actually remembered a lot of the details of the case, or perhaps he was not as involved in putting the report together as we all thought. I kind of hope, for his sake, that it was the second. He admitted he had done very few of the interviews himself. 
It's possible that he didn't want to answer any questions outside of the report because he led the team  and wrote out the report from their experiences, so he didn't have enough personal knowledge to want to expand on the report. He knew it was right because he trusted his team but he didn't know everything they knew and didn't want to have to answer all the questions about it.
I hope that's it. He definitely looked very tired, and it's just possible it is dementia. Or just old age, he is in his mid 70's. I know I have to think a little longer before I speak now, and I'm not quite 70 yet.

13Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:22 pm

Sal

Sal

RealLindaL wrote: It had to do with his not presenting a solid, strong presence that inspired confidence, and instead actually sounding inarticulate at many junctures.  I have to believe that had you watched it, you would've seen a man often very confused, stumbling, stammering, having trouble reaching for common words, and acting as if he had no memory

You mean like a common Biden?? ...

... maybe we should make him President!

14Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:24 pm

bigdog

I evidently was typing my response and while I was Sal was being a typical horse's arse and you were having to respond to him.

Yes, he looked tired. I'm a Mueller fan too, but his demeaner concerned me. When you get a little older you start looking at your friends and other people in a different way. You realize people are far more delicate in their 70's than all the TV commercials like to pretend. Everybody isn't out in the desert in a bathtub with their husband having wild sex or out riding horses or hiking up the side of Mt Everest.
Robert Mueller is the right age to be a little physically delicate and he looked very old and tired on TV. Not his fault, but it was true. Sympathetic people reserve the right to notice someone's problems without being accused of being anti-Mueller or pro Trump. 
Sal is just being a jerk, again. Sometimes he's joking, but it's getting to be a nasty habit.
And by the way, Joe Biden hasn't shown any signs of dementia that I've seen so far. If he did and he was the only person who could beat Trump, I'd elect him in a minute and give him a smart VP to work with.

Friday, July 26
Race/Topic (Click to Sort)
Poll
Results
Spread
General Election: Trump vs. Biden
FOX News
Biden 49, Trump 39
Biden +10
General Election: Trump vs. Sanders
FOX News
Sanders 46, Trump 40
Sanders +6
General Election: Trump vs. Warren
FOX News
Warren 41, Trump 42
Trump +1
General Election: Trump vs. Harris
FOX News
Harris 40, Trump 41
Trump +1

That's the latest poll out on RCP. Only Biden or Sanders could beat Trump is the election were today. I don't think you'd choose Sanders over Biden, so until one of your candidates makes some big moves, you might as well learn some reason to like Joe.

Last edited by bigdog on 7/25/2019, 9:30 pm; edited 1 time in total

15Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:25 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote: He definitely looked very tired, and it's just possible it is dementia. Or just old age, he is in his mid 70's. I know I have to think a little longer before I speak now, and I'm not quite 70 yet.

Just like a common Biden!

16Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:32 pm

bigdog

Check out the latest poll above your post. I just edited my post to add it. Looks like Ms Harris and Ms Warren would both lose to Mr Trump.

You better find something to like about Joe, or you'll be really unhappy the next few years.

17Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:38 pm

RealLindaL

No, Sal, not like Biden, and if you can't tell the difference, you obviously have no direct experience with/exposure to dementia.

I notice you didn't answer my question as to whether or not you even watched the hearings.   Why am I not surprised?

So what is your real beef with Biden?  Not promising enough FREE STUFF for your own needs, hm?  Obviously you won't answer that one, either.

Oh look, Sal, your credibility here is sinking fast, because you're acting like a kid itching for a fight at every turn, doing your cause (whatever the heck that may truly be) no good at all.   Where is the Sal we used to know, who recognized the difference between friend and foe?

18Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:40 pm

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:Check out the latest poll above your post. I just edited my post to add it. Looks like Ms Harris and Ms Warren would both lose to Mr Trump.

You better find something to like about Joe, or you'll be really unhappy the next few years.

Valid words to the wise.

19Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:44 pm

Sal

Sal

Has it ever occurred to you geniuses that the Trump/Russia machine just test drove their best smear on Biden, and y’all swallowed it hook, line and sinker?

What could possibly go wrong??

20Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:46 pm

bigdog

Anyway, Sal, having listened to Joe Biden speak for the last 50 years in public, I defy you to prove that anything he says today proves he has any more dementia than he had when he was 40. Very Happy

21Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:49 pm

Sal

Sal

Trump is a conman, and you two are easy marks.

You have been gaslighted.

22Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:49 pm

bigdog

You've left the universe of my thought. I don't know what smear you're talking about. The only people smearing Biden lately are members of his own party.

I hope you're not talking about the polling I posted, because if you check RCP, you'll see Biden is ahead in all the polls, not just the Fox news ones.

23Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/25/2019, 9:56 pm

Sal

Sal

bigdog wrote:I don't know what smear you're talking about.

You don’t remember what they did with Hillary’s server and her health?? What do you think they’re laying the groundwork for Biden now??

Jebus, wake up! It’s happening again, and you’re participating.

24Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 12:28 am

bigdog

Since I don't plan to be swayed away from voting for Biden for any reason, I can't imagine what smear you're talking about.
If it's age, I believe it was you that brought up the " just like Biden" comment when we were talking about Mueller, not me. It's obvious from the polls that most people don't care about Biden's age because they would still choose him over Trump. If that's where they go, it isn't going to work.

I'm not the one participating in bringing down the front runner Sal. That would be you. And it's your perfect right to do so, it's still the primary season.

But I won't be responding to any smears against Biden by changing my opinion. I already donated to his campaign and I don't do that until I'm sure of who I want.
I hate doing it because every time I open my e-mails now that campaign will be asking for more money and I sure can't afford to give all the time. So if I give money to anybody, it's a real commitment because I know I'm going to be irritated to death until election day.

BTW, if I were a Russian troll right now, I'd be trying to lead Dems away from the one candidate who always beats Trump in the polls. I'm not saying you're a troll, but if I was one, that's what I'd be doing.

25Mueller's testimony Empty Re: Mueller's testimony 7/26/2019, 1:12 am

RealLindaL

bigdog wrote:...I can't imagine what smear you're talking about.
If it's age, I believe it was you that brought up the " just like Biden" comment when we were talking about Mueller, not me.

Right, b.d.    I can't imagine what smear, either.

But I'll admit that, in one of my immediate past posts above, I was tempted to accuse Sal of himself being a Russian-paid plant, a 2016-type sower of discord.  I thought better of it.  Maybe I shouldn't have.

Or is he saying he's pretending to be a Russian troll, and as such just successfully fooled our "gaslighted" selves into worrying about Biden's age and mental acuity (which we're not)???

Is that what he's doing??  Saying we just bought into a "smear" that SAL invented, as a would-be, pretend Russian, just to prove how easily duped we are?

Whatever.  But it sure sounds to me as if this latest twisted tack of his is simply his way to avoid responding to criticisms, to pesky questions like whether or not he watched the hearings (which he obviously didn't).

And/or is he on drugs or something?  

I have no idea.  It's just weird and pointless.

I asked Sal above, "WTF is your problem?" -- and it was another valid question I still have.  He's not making any good sense.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum