Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Harvest time with Trump tariffs

+3
RealLindaL
EmeraldGhost
2seaoat
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Harvest time with Trump tariffs Empty Harvest time with Trump tariffs 9/28/2018, 5:45 pm

2seaoat

Corn and beans stopped the bleeding a week ago, but now with harvest predictions, the inventories have grown and the prices are dropping like a rock. I just saw forty miles of full to the brim fields where this great supply is being harvested and corn is about three and a quarter. It will go lower, yet the diesel, repairs, fall fertilizer, and soft costs have not gone down. Farmers are getting steam rolled with these boneheaded tariff moves by the sixth grader. Trump will not win the Iowa Caucus if he runs......NH liked him last time, but I doubt they will repeat, and South Carolina is going to go with a real conservative, so I see light in the Republican primary cycle if these tariffs do not get corrected.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

You think Trump will have any kind of a serious primary challenge?  Who would that be?

Sorry ... I'm just not seeing it.

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:You think Trump will have any kind of a serious primary challenge?  Who would that be?

Stay tuned. With his popularity ratings, it'll be a piece of cake to find a viable challenger.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

RealLindaL wrote:
EmeraldGhost wrote:You think Trump will have any kind of a serious primary challenge?  Who would that be?

Stay tuned.   With his popularity ratings, it'll be a piece of cake to find a viable challenger.

I ask again ... just who would that be?

RealLindaL

EmeraldGhost wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Stay tuned.   With his popularity ratings, it'll be a piece of cake to find a viable challenger.

I ask again ... just who would that be?  

I'm very honestly not versed in the Republican field (if there even is a "field" yet), but just have to believe there's SOMEONE out there whom the nation could plainly see as a superior choice over Trump. How hard can it be???

Deus X

Deus X

You're not seeing it because you're not looking hard enough. Try looking a little below the surface and you'll find: Kasich, Sasse and Flake.

DUH!

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Deus X wrote:

You're not seeing it because you're not looking hard enough. Try looking a little below the surface and you'll find: Kasich, Sasse and Flake.

DUH!

None of whom would even begin to get off the ground in a Republican primary against Trump.   All Trump has to do is not screw up the economy too bad, keep signing whatever the Republican Congress sends him, and keep appointing the SCOTUS nominees the Heritage Foundation sends him.  As much as I'd like to see a different Republican nominee myself, when's the last time a party abandoned it's elected sitting President? (1852 - Franklin Pierce - thank you, google

For the Dems .... I can see Elizabeth Warren being a strong contender to be Trump's challenger.  I'd rather see them run a Hickenlooper myself, but the farther left wing of the party probably won't allow that.

2seaoat

I think Jeb Bush could beat Trump in the Iowa caucus....easily and all the Bush candidates have done well in NH. The Koch brothers and other long time Republican donors will pour money into the campaign. The problem is South Carolina which is a Dixiecrat state where Ted Cruz was expected to sweep the south and the fundamentalist vote, but Trump's racism is the most important thing to a Dixiecrat, and all Trump's hardcore supporters are Dixiecrats, so the question will be can any other Republican candidate spew enough racism to peel off Trump voters......Bush will not play that game......so......

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I think Jeb Bush could beat Trump in the Iowa caucus....easily and all the Bush candidates have done well in NH.  The Koch brothers and other long time Republican donors will pour money into the campaign.  The problem is South Carolina which is a Dixiecrat state where Ted Cruz was expected to sweep the south and the fundamentalist vote, but Trump's racism is the most important thing to a Dixiecrat, and all Trump's hardcore supporters are Dixiecrats, so the question will be can any other Republican candidate spew enough racism to peel off Trump voters......Bush will not play that game......so......

You seriously think Jeb's gonna put himself back out there on the tracks to get run over by the Trump Train .... again?

I know a lot of Trumpers ..... they'll all, without exception, vote for him in the primary again.  He could grab Kamala Harris' .... in broad daylight on 5th Avenue on national TeeVee tomorrow and they'd still give him a pass.  They'd say it's all a Hillary/Soros conspiracy.   Trump hasn't lost a single member of his 2016 primary base, and even gained a few bandwagon jumpers since his election. And the rest of the Republicans will have no choice but to follow along in the general election ... once again.  (It's not like they're going to vote for Elizabeth Warren  Laughing   )

Look!  There he is out rallying his base right now.  Where's Jeb?

Now bear in mind we're talking about the Republican primary here.   As to the general election ... I would not underestimate Elizabeth Warren being able to give Trump a run for his money.  And she's the front-runner so far as I can tell. I think she can make an appeal to middle-class kitchen table issues like nobody's business ... health care, college education, stagnant wages and declining job benefits, Medicare, corporate and wall street shenanigans and excesses, etc   A little bout with inflation, a bit of economic downturn, and I don't discount the pendulum could swing. (much to the chagrin of my Trumpkin friends and relatives)

2seaoat

I do not think Mike Pence will ever be able to sustain a campaign for President. He has been damaged in his association with Trump, and I have serious doubts that he was ignorant of some of the Russian conspiracy.

Deus X

Deus X

2seaoat wrote:...I have serious doubts that he was ignorant of some of the Russian conspiracy.

ALERT THE MEDIA: Seaoat has doubts about something! Shocked, SHOCKED!

Telstar

Telstar

Deus X wrote:
2seaoat wrote:...I have serious doubts that he was ignorant of some of the Russian conspiracy.

ALERT THE MEDIA: Seaoat has doubts about something! Shocked, SHOCKED!

I've been saying all along that Pence could never whip up the cracker barrel boy base like bone spur can. He might trigger some of the holy rollers but they're all closet fairy tail boys like Lindsey Graham cracker.

PkrBum

PkrBum

https://www.politico.com/amp/story/2018/09/30/nafta-trade-canada-819081

Trade ministers from the U.S., Mexico and Canada have reached a deal to revamp the North American Free Trade Agreement, the Trump administration announced late Sunday night.

The new pact, which is being called the U.S.-Mexico-Canada Agreement, is a major step toward completing one of Trump’s signature campaign promises and gives the president a concrete policy win to tout on the campaign trail this fall. It also sets the stage for what is sure to be a high-stakes fight to get the agreement passed by Congress before it can become law.

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-china-economy-tariffs/china-to-cut-import-tariffs-on-wide-range-of-products-idUSKCN1MA0HJ

BEIJING (Reuters) - China will cut import tariffs on textile products and metals, including steel products, to 8.4 percent from 11.5 percent, effective Nov. 1, the finance ministry said on Sunday.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:I do not think Mike Pence will ever be able to sustain a campaign for President.  He has been damaged in his association with Trump, and I have serious doubts that he was ignorant of some of the Russian conspiracy.

Bob Woodward says he found no evidence of a "conspiracy". and the Special Counsel's office has yet to weigh in, but so far .... no smoking guns.

Did it ever occur to you that, maybe just maybe, the Russians engaged in the meddling operation just all on their own ... perhaps with some unaccepted overtures to persons in the Trump campaign?

i know this .... Demos are gonna have a lot of egg on their face come 2020 if the Special Counsel's office doesn't come up with some clear and convincing evidence of this so-called "collusion" we've been hearing all about. And you can sure Trump will make a Yuge Bigly deal out of it if they don't.

2seaoat

Farmers are getting killed. The Chinese market is huge and they know that the sacrificial lambs will be American farmers. I think Bush would win both Iowa and NH against Trump. The only question is will haters in the old confederacy abandon the Republican Party and the Trump candidacy......I think there is a drip drip drip of dumb southerner comments, or Roger stone calling Sessions a hillbilly, but people are working so Trump is probable in victory in the primary and general election.....and all that is left is impotent Democrats.....Spartacus moments and all. One of the highest rated tv programs around here is a five am. show which talks about farm markets......they just shake their heads at the damage as near record supply of corn and beans further deflate prices. The big welfare check to farmers costing 15 billion are covering about three cents of farmer losses on the dollar.......so please do not tell me about the success of these tariffs. Whoever runs in Iowa against farm tariffs will win that primary.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Farmers are getting killed.  The Chinese market is huge and they know that the sacrificial lambs will be American farmers.  I think Bush would win both Iowa and NH against Trump.  The only question is will haters in the old confederacy abandon the Republican Party and the Trump candidacy......I think there is a drip drip drip of dumb southerner comments, or Roger stone calling Sessions a hillbilly, but people are working so Trump is probable in victory in the primary and general election.....and all that is left is impotent Democrats.....Spartacus moments and all.  One of the highest rated tv programs around here is a five am. show which talks about farm markets......they just shake their heads at the damage as near record supply of corn and beans further deflate prices.  The big welfare check to farmers costing 15 billion are covering about three cents of farmer losses on the dollar.......so please do not tell me about the success of these tariffs.   Whoever runs in Iowa against farm tariffs will win that primary.

You rail against Drumpf tariffs, but you're perfectly fine with supporting his enablers, including his hand-picked nominee for SCOTUS. What incredible hubris. Kavanaugh's demeanor alone during that hearing was enough to disqualify him. He doesn't have "the right stuff."

Telstar

Telstar

Floridatexan wrote:

You rail against Drumpf tariffs, but you're perfectly fine with supporting his enablers, including his hand-picked nominee for SCOTUS.  What incredible hubris.  Kavanaugh's demeanor alone during that hearing was enough to disqualify him.  He doesn't have "the right stuff."

He doesn't care about "the right stuff' he'll settle for whatever stuff he can guzzle.

Harvest time with Trump tariffs Beer11

2seaoat

He doesn't have "the right stuff."

You have not read a single one of his cases and depend on what the lemming in front of you has told you. The truth is his legal aptitude is brilliant, and although I have polar opposite opinions on some of his written opinions, he most certainly does have the right stuff. Win an election, and you certainly have a right to declare who has the right stuff.....lose an election and cry crocodile tears.

Telstar

Telstar

Harvest time with Trump tariffs Pigs_210

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:He doesn't have "the right stuff."

You have not read a single one of his cases and depend on what the lemming in front of you has told you.  The truth is his legal aptitude is brilliant, and although I have polar opposite opinions on some of his written opinions, he most certainly does have the right stuff.  Win an election, and you certainly have a right to declare who has the right stuff.....lose an election and cry crocodile tears.

You are an absolute jerk. Sorry I wasted my time interacting with you. You belong with the assholes.

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

2seaoat wrote:Farmers are getting killed.  The Chinese market is huge and they know that the sacrificial lambs will be American farmers.  I think Bush would win both Iowa and NH against Trump.  The only question is will haters in the old confederacy abandon the Republican Party and the Trump candidacy......I think there is a drip drip drip of dumb southerner comments, or Roger stone calling Sessions a hillbilly, but people are working so Trump is probable in victory in the primary and general election.....and all that is left is impotent Democrats.....Spartacus moments and all.  One of the highest rated tv programs around here is a five am. show which talks about farm markets......they just shake their heads at the damage as near record supply of corn and beans further deflate prices.  The big welfare check to farmers costing 15 billion are covering about three cents of farmer losses on the dollar.......so please do not tell me about the success of these tariffs.   Whoever runs in Iowa against farm tariffs will win that primary.

I read somewhere a few months ago the Chinese had pre-purchased pretty much all of their US soybeans from next years crop when this whole trade thing started flaring up in anticipation of the tariffs.

While I don't support Trump's tariff strategy, at the same time just because a bunch of farmers are crying about the money they might lose ... I'd like to see some true numbers before I buy into it completely.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Farmers like me put Trump in office. Now his trade war is smothering us.

http://bangordailynews.com/2018/07/26/opinion/contributors/farmers-like-me-put-trump-in-office-now-his-trade-war-is-smothering-us/?ref=comm-from

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

https://www.farmaid.org/issues/farm-policy/one-year-trump-administration-trade-farm-bill/

2seaoat

the money they might lose

So you think when you are carrying a 500k line of credit on your equipment and over a hundred grand a year of payments, and you think they might lose money? Huge disconnect with reality, and the worse part this will NOT be fixed in a year or two. This damage is going to be three to five years of depressed American farm commodity prices. Farmers are piszed. Now that they are learning everything was handed to him in a huge tax avoidance scheme, the farmers are going to bite him in the asz.

However, where are the democrats driving this issue home......welfare for the American farmer because a sixth grader is in the white house. Also, this illusion that he just won the NAFTA rewrite......absurd. About 1/4 of one percent gain, only to be offset by huge hidden costs which make his agreement a big nothing burger......but where are the democrats with the devil in the detail.......they are too busy condemning men .........stupid on steroids.

PkrBum

PkrBum

Every president since Clinton has promised to renegotiate NAFTA. Something is better than nothing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum