Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

This kid has stolen my heart......what talent and soul and only 14

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

RealLindaL

She was interesting if you like the Janis Joplin style of yelling and call it singing (I most definitely do not; each to their own).

Hubby and I were tickled pink that Shin Lim won the competition.   IMHO he's absolutely the most phenomenally talented card magician anyone has ever seen on this planet -- has everyone saying WHAT??? HOW DID HE DO THAT???? -- and is good looking, modest and engaging to boot.  I hope fame doesn't ruin him, but keep your eye on him.  He's going places.  Wish we could see him perform again short of flying to Vegas.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 9/21/2018, 1:17 am; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

I like everything she does. I loved Joplin, Turner, and James Brown and her energy is electric. I can not wait until she gets bandmates.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I thought she was great.

RealLindaL

I'm sure she's very talented. Just not my cup of tea at all.

RealLindaL

She and other former contestants will be joining Shin Lim in his headliner show in Las Vegas in October.

Telstar

Telstar

President Mario Mushroom longs to congratulate her in person. What a Face

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The male singer in the top 5, the guy with all the kids,
was arrested the other day for domestic violence.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:The male singer in the top 5, the guy with all the kids,
was arrested the other day for domestic violence.

Yeah, I think that happened Thursday, the day after the finals.  Apparently there was an "altercation" with his wife in a hotel room in CA.   She sported a red mark from an apparent blow, but didn't want to file charges (so typical of battered wives).  He was arrested anyway.

Doubtless this was a deep disappointment for Simon Cowell, as the singer (Michael Ketterer) was his favorite; Simon had come right out and said in the semi-finals (or maybe it was the finals - or both - I forget) that he wished the million could go to Ketterer's family.   He thought Michael was SUCH a good guy for adopting most of his kids from foster care and other good acts.   Though disappointed in his Golden Buzzer's behavior, Simon may also now be heaving a big sigh of relief that Ketterer didn't win AGT, even though Simon was reportedly "gutted" when his pick didn't win.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 9/23/2018, 11:57 am; edited 1 time in total

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

When it sounds to good to be true...

Simon's praise and stories got this guy into the top 10 then the top 5. He was not a million dollar talent and obviously was not the person he pretended to be.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:When it sounds to good to be true...

Simon's praise and stories got this guy into the top 10 then the top 5. He was not a million dollar talent and obviously was not the person he pretended to be.

Hubby and I agree on all counts, including that he was not a million dollar talent - not by a long shot.  His voice was only mediocre, and in the finals particularly his breathing control was atrocious.    Am not sure why Cowell glommed onto this guy early on, especially with such emotion -- rare for Simon -- but maybe it'll humble him a little to realize his judgment was flawed.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Seems out of character for Simon. Perhaps he saw the children, and related to them because he has a child. Sympathy tugged at his feelings.

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:Seems out of character for Simon. Perhaps he saw the children, and related to them because he has a child. Sympathy tugged at his feelings.

Could be, or could go even deeper than that. Maybe we'll hear some more analysis on that at some point - preferably from Simon himself. Or not. No matter either way at this point, of course; it's just somewhat interesting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The guy had an evil side. I am not a trusting person when it comes to kids. How much did he make for taking on these special needs children? For many it is a business. Looking more like that is the case, the children put him in the limelight. He came close to a pay out and had he controlled his evil side...he would have probably gotten a contract. A million dollar contract, no way.

RealLindaL

Sure can't blame you for thinking that way, Joani.

And believe it or not, I thought to myself more than once over recent weeks that his blue eyes that everyone loved actually looked beady to me. Never said a word because I thought surely I was wrong to see evil in such a selfless person. ha ha

RealLindaL

O.T. - are you watching the FedEx Cup tournament currently under way? Looks as if Tiger's actually going to win the tournament, and COULD win the whole cup and the $10 mil! Would start a new thread but it'll be over by the time anyone reads or posts.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:O.T.  - are you watching the FedEx Cup tournament currently under way?  Looks as if Tiger's actually going to win the tournament, and COULD win the whole cup and the $10 mil!  Would start a new thread but it'll be over by the time anyone reads or posts.  

So happy for Tiger. He led the entire time and the crowd loved him.

I told hubby I felt like Tiger was in pain today. Noticed some grimaces as he was squatting and after his swings. Four surgeries...I hoped to see him back on top but had some doubts. I am happy and loved the crowd on 18 today. Tiger really needed that boost!

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote:So happy for Tiger. He led the entire time and the crowd loved him.

I told hubby I felt like Tiger was in pain today. Noticed some grimaces as he was squatting and after his swings. Four surgeries...I hoped to see him back on top but had some doubts. I am happy and loved the crowd on 18 today. Tiger really needed that boost!

Hmm....wasn't watching that closely and do hope any pain was a minor twinge. I will say his grins on 18 were priceless.

Yep, this win was surely a huge boost for him, even though Rose ended up with the overall championship and the $10 mil.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum