Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Plenty good money to be made, supplying the army with the tools of the trade...

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Deus X

Deus X

I swear, I Feel Like I'm Fixin' to Die!

Blackwater founder Erik Prince is pushing to privatize America's costly war in Afghanistan — and going on cable TV to persuade Trump

Prince believes the situation in Afghanistan can be resolved with a few thousand men and around $3.5 billion.

Billionaire Blackwater founder Erik Prince has a vision for America's war in Afghanistan, one that the former Navy SEAL and businessman claims will turn around the conflict the US has been fighting for 17 years with no end in sight.

After Blackwater, a controversial security contractor that was investigated for its activities in Iraq, ceased to exist, Prince formed a new firm that trains Chinese security forces. Now, against the advice of the Pentagon, he's pushing to present the president with a plan to privatize the war in Afghanistan.

Between 2001 and 2017, the US spent an estimated $714 billion on a war that many observers argue America is still far from winning, Task & Purpose reported last August. Prince intends to privatize the conflict to reduce US manpower in the country and ultimately reduce spending.

Prince's plan would see troops replaced with private military contractors who work for a special envoy that reports directly to the president.

[...]

Prince first revived his proposal to privatize the Afghan war in a YouTube video published online in July.

https://www.businessinsider.com/blackwater-founder-erik-prince-aims-to-privatize-us-war-in-afghanistan-2018-8

I don't even know what to think anymore, it just keeps getting stranger and stranger and crazier and crazier every day.

It's like watching Waiting for Godot intercut with Marat/Sade or some weird Jean Genet shit after taking a little too much acid.

Now, as I write this, on the TV above my head, Trump is honoring ICE agents at the White House. It's hard to even put this crazy shit into any rational context. JESUS! Where's my goddamn Xanax?

2seaoat

Yep, just like Lockheed's bombs which killed forty kids on school buses.....the trough of the industrial military complex is deep and profitable.....and we as a nation keep electing representatives who militarize society and act surprised when dead children on school buses die with their tools of the trade.

You do not need xanex.....you need to vote, get your neighbor to vote, and even Uncle Ernie.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum