Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Never Forget and Never Again

+11
ConservaLady
zsomething
gatorfan
polecat
PkrBum
RealLindaL
2seaoat
Floridatexan
EmeraldGhost
Deus X
Telstar
15 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 11]

101Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/7/2018, 6:11 pm

Telstar

Telstar

102Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/7/2018, 6:52 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

NRA breaks 15-year fundraising record, according to filings

Find your own link ... pick your source.

103Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/7/2018, 10:03 pm

Telstar

Telstar

How to Raise an ‘Army of Angry Moms and Women’ From Your Own Kitchen

Shannon Watts, founder of Moms Demand Action, on how she created one of the most successful gun control groups in the country—and where they go from here.

Shannon Watts has a bodyguard who travels with her. He doesn’t carry a gun—his job is to scope out the local hospitals and know which one to rush her to if she gets shot.

That’s been life for the mother of five since late 2012, when she founded Moms Demand Action, an organization that advocates for stricter gun regulations.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2018/08/07/moms-demand-action-gun-control-219160

104Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/7/2018, 10:14 pm

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

Police: Armed bystander takes down gunman at Titusville back-to-school event

By: Chip Skambis
Updated: Aug 7, 2018 - 12:12 PM

TITUSVILLE, Fla. - An armed bystander shot a man who opened fired on a back-to-school event at a Titusville park after a fistfight, police said.

The shooting occurred at Isaac Campbell Park on South Street shortly after 5:20 p.m. when the shooter, whom police have not identified, returned to the park after a fistfight and began firing, investigators said.

A bystander, who was licensed to a carry a firearm, shot the gunman, police said. He was taken to a hospital with life-threatening injuries, police said

The bystander who shot the man waited for officers and was cooperative with the investigation, police said.

“We are extremely grateful that nobody else was injured in this incident,” said Deputy Chief Todd Hutchinson. “This suspect opened fire at a crowded public park, this could have been so much worse."

A flyer posted on Facebook and Instagram said a back to school event called "Peace in the City" was going on at the park at the time of the shooting.

Dwight Harvey, who is the father of the event's organizer, was streaming the event live on his Facebook page when the shooting occurred.

In the video, many children and parents are sifting through backpacks stuffed with school supplies under a pavilion at the park when 12 rapid-fire shots ring out.

After consulting with the State Attorney’s Office, detectives said they do not expect to file charges against the bystander since his actions were within the law, according to the preliminary investigation, police said.

Harvey said he and his family planned the Peace in the City event after his cousin, Tony Butler, was found dead in a burning car in Mims in July.

"We were just trying to do something positive for the community," he said.

https://www.wftv.com/news/local/police-investigate-shooting-at-titusville-park/806192101

105Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/7/2018, 10:43 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Blood_10

106Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/8/2018, 7:56 am

polecat

polecat

The @nra just meant they were morally bankrupt, apparently.

107Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/8/2018, 9:12 am

zsomething

polecat wrote:The @nra just meant they were morally bankrupt, apparently.

I wonder if the NRA's supporters ever get offended at how stupid the NRA thinks they are. They have such contempt for the idiots they have on their leash that they aren't even trying to make a good show of this "we're out of money, save us" fund-raising scam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/07/national-rifle-association-ad-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation/923026002/

Would someone who wasn't fiscally solvent have millions to waste on ad campaigns?

The NRA, as always, is full of horseshit. That's one reason I never joined -- I'm not going to pay dues to anybody who insults peoples intelligence and treats them like some brainless sheep they can scare into doing things for them. Unfortunately, a lot of their followers are idiots, which is why they don't make any effort to treat them with more respect. It'd just be wasted.

108Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/8/2018, 12:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

zsomething wrote:
polecat wrote:The @nra just meant they were morally bankrupt, apparently.

I wonder if the NRA's supporters ever get offended at how stupid the NRA thinks they are.   They have such contempt for the idiots they have on their leash that they aren't even trying to make a good show of this "we're out of money, save us" fund-raising scam.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2018/08/07/national-rifle-association-ad-brett-kavanaugh-confirmation/923026002/

Would someone who wasn't fiscally solvent have millions to waste on ad campaigns?  

The NRA, as always, is full of horseshit.   That's one reason I never joined -- I'm not going to pay dues to anybody who insults peoples intelligence and treats them like some brainless sheep they can scare into doing things for them.   Unfortunately, a lot of their followers are idiots, which is why they don't make any effort to treat them with more respect.  It'd just be wasted.

Some farmers treat their livestock with some respect. The NRA has no respect for the livestock that supports them.

109Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 3:08 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Stupid liberals!

Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 38118467_2192152237671698_1039553536431489024_n

110Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 3:50 pm

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:Stupid liberals!
]

If it makes you feel any better, I have guns. Very Happy

111Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 4:02 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

zsomething wrote:
ConservaLady wrote:Stupid liberals!
]

If it makes you feel any better, I have guns.  Very Happy

Well that's wonderful if you are trained to use and carry them.

Every able-bodies and mentally stable American should be. That's why the NRA (of which I am a proud lifetime member and contributor) puts on so many education and training programs for the public.

112Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 4:34 pm

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:

Well that's wonderful if you are trained to use and carry them.

Every able-bodies and mentally stable American should be.   That's why the NRA (of which I am a proud lifetime member and contributor) puts on so many education and training programs for the public.

Don't worry, I'm good with 'em.   Used to shoot pennies out of the air.  Anybody who came around trying to force me to accept their will would get a big surprise. Smile  

The NRA used to be good, but that was years and years ago, before it became a terrorist organization that caters to idiotic, worthless pieces of shit.

Last edited by zsomething on 8/9/2018, 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

113Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 4:36 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have guns, too. Where I grew up, everyone had at least 1 hunting rifle in the house. But the NRA no longer promotes gun safety; they have become an arm of the GOP and have apparently sold out to the Russians. Anyone who affiliates with this organization should be ashamed.

114Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 4:42 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Floridatexan wrote:I have guns, too.  Where I grew up, everyone had at least 1 hunting rifle in the house.  But the NRA no longer promotes gun safety; they have become an arm of the GOP and have apparently sold out to the Russians.  Anyone who affiliates with this organization should be ashamed.

https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

115Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 4:59 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

ConservaLady wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:I have guns, too.  Where I grew up, everyone had at least 1 hunting rifle in the house.  But the NRA no longer promotes gun safety; they have become an arm of the GOP and have apparently sold out to the Russians.  Anyone who affiliates with this organization should be ashamed.

https://explore.nra.org/interests/safety-and-education/

Bucking fitch.

116Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 5:32 pm

polecat

polecat

Who was Ramon Casiano?

The killing's been the bullet's business
Since back in 1931
Someone killed Ramon Casiano
And Ramon still ain't dead enough

117Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 6:16 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Nra_111

118Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 8:10 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

Excellent public service announcement!  

Glad to see the NRA is once again putting my money and support to good use!

Here's another:  (I have actually met Dana a few times, by the way.  She is certainly one strong, quality, inspirational American woman! )

119Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 8:37 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Nra_210

120Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 9:06 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

The students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School  have not shown up in the national news lately but they are working hard to promote reasonable gun safety laws.

They hold town-hall type meetings and go to high schools across the country promoting gun safety legislation and getting students registered to vote. They bring heart and focus to their cause without the demagoguery that's often seen surrounding this issue. We need a more thoughtful approach to our gun violence problem rather than all the fear mongering done by the NRA. Granted, it used to be a gun safety organization but now they are more of a gun manufacturing outfit. Oh well, with Ollie at the helm he'll find Some way of distributing guns to someone somewhere... 

121Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 11:13 pm

ConservaLady

ConservaLady

othershoe1030 wrote:The students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School  have not shown up in the national news lately but they are working hard to promote reasonable gun safety laws.

They hold town-hall type meetings and go to high schools across the country promoting gun safety legislation and getting students registered to vote. They bring heart and focus to their cause without the demagoguery that's often seen surrounding this issue. We need a more thoughtful approach to our gun violence problem rather than all the fear mongering done by the NRA. Granted, it used to be a gun safety organization but now they are more of a gun manufacturing outfit. Oh well, with Ollie at the helm he'll find Some way of distributing guns to someone somewhere... 

Those poor children are just regurgitating a lot of loony liberal propaganda and talking points they've been spoon fed.  Better they should be taught to learn from that tragic experience that there IS, and always will be, Evil in this world, and how best to defend oneself and and others from that.  

Evil cares nothing for the earthly laws of mortal men.

122Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 11:30 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Wicked10

123Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/9/2018, 11:34 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

there IS, and always will be, Evil in this world,

And you are Exhibit A.

124Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/10/2018, 9:29 am

zsomething

ConservaLady wrote:
Those poor children are just regurgitating a lot of loony liberal propaganda and talking points they've been spoon fed.  Better they should be taught to learn from that tragic experience that there IS, and always will be, Evil in this world, and how best to defend oneself and and others from that.  

You know who a lot of people I know consider really evil, and a bigger threat to them than anyone else? Overbearing conservative Christians, like you. Damn near every younger person I know can't stand you guys and think you're ruining their world by fucking up the environment, blocking scientific advancement, empowering racists, and handing all the power over to corporations, while you try to establish a Taliban-like rule over them that takes away their rights.

Sure you really want to spread guns around? Better be careful.

125Never Forget and Never Again - Page 5 Empty Re: Never Forget and Never Again 8/10/2018, 10:10 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

ConservaLady wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:The students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School  have not shown up in the national news lately but they are working hard to promote reasonable gun safety laws.

Spoon feeding talking points is something you are obviously quite familiar with as you have exactly regurgitated the right wing talking points regarding the students from Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. I have heard this same line from other right wingers. I'm sure the students are well aware of evil in the world and are actively and thoughtfully contributing to creating a safer and more civilized society.  

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 11]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum