Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Fire and Fury

+6
PkrBum
Floridatexan
polecat
zsomething
Telstar
2seaoat
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 2:16 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

I see a business opportunity.

http://m.sfgate.com/lifestyle/article/SA-mom-makes-up-to-1600-a-week-cuddling-10911571.php?ipid=articlerecirc

27Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 2:24 pm

polecat

polecat

Teddy Magyk wrote:
polecat wrote:Especially at math, science, economics, grammar, geography. Because he would totally fail that sh!t.

I get your point but what I don't understand is how a guy that seems so academically disinclined--he doesn't read and has almost no grasp of modern history--how a guy like that gets a degree from Wharton.

No matter how much money he has, Wharton isn't going to risk it's stellar reputation by letting someone graduate who hasn't done the coursework and some of the math for a business degree is fairly tough. The statistics and probability stuff is no walk in the park and Wharton may even require some advanced calculus courses. You can't fake that stuff. So, how did he do it?

I'm sure he had a lot of  all nighters studying at the library. Wasn't Fire, Fury & Power an R&B group from the 70s?

You know trump is "like" a smart person and very religious also.

There is, for example, the story of how Trump met with the pastors of two major Presbyterian churches in New York. “I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” he bragged. When the pastors told Trump they weren’t evangelicals, he demanded to know, “What are you then?” They told him they were mainline Presbyterians. “But you’re all Christians?” he asked. Yes, they had to assure him, Presbyterians are Christians. The kicker: Trump himself is Presbyterian

Or the story of how, after arriving in Israel from Saudi Arabia, Trump told his hosts, “We just got back from the Middle East.”
He doesn’t read books or even long articles. “I never have,” he proudly told a reporter last year. “I’m always busy doing a lot.”

You could argue that Trump’s lack of acumen is actually his saving grace, because he would be much more dangerous if he were cleverer in implementing his radical agenda. But you can also make the case that his vacuity is imperiling American security

28Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 2:43 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Does anyone remember why on Earth Tim Russert was interviewing Trump back in 1999 when he was a real estate developer? Or was he into reality TV then? Either way in 1999 why would anyone even care what that person's views on geopolitical topics was? Just curious.

29Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 3:46 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

othershoe1030 wrote:Does anyone remember why on Earth Tim Russert was interviewing Trump back in 1999 when he was a real estate developer? Or was he into reality TV then? Either way in 1999 why would anyone even care what that person's views on geopolitical topics was? Just curious.

http://www.tvguide.com/news/donald-trump-presidential-campaign-timeline/

He was running for President on the Reform ticket.

30Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 4:40 pm

polecat wrote:
Teddy Magyk wrote:
polecat wrote:Especially at math, science, economics, grammar, geography. Because he would totally fail that sh!t.

I get your point but what I don't understand is how a guy that seems so academically disinclined--he doesn't read and has almost no grasp of modern history--how a guy like that gets a degree from Wharton.

No matter how much money he has, Wharton isn't going to risk it's stellar reputation by letting someone graduate who hasn't done the coursework and some of the math for a business degree is fairly tough. The statistics and probability stuff is no walk in the park and Wharton may even require some advanced calculus courses. You can't fake that stuff. So, how did he do it?

I'm sure he had a lot of  all nighters studying at the library. Wasn't Fire, Fury & Power an R&B group from the 70s?

You know trump is "like" a smart person and very religious also.

There is, for example, the story of how Trump met with the pastors of two major Presbyterian churches in New York. “I did very, very well with evangelicals in the polls,” he bragged. When the pastors told Trump they weren’t evangelicals, he demanded to know, “What are you then?” They told him they were mainline Presbyterians. “But you’re all Christians?” he asked. Yes, they had to assure him, Presbyterians are Christians. The kicker: Trump himself is Presbyterian

Or the story of how, after arriving in Israel from Saudi Arabia, Trump told his hosts, “We just got back from the Middle East.”
He doesn’t read books or even long articles. “I never have,” he proudly told a reporter last year. “I’m always busy doing a lot.”

You could argue that Trump’s lack of acumen is actually his saving grace, because he would be much more dangerous if he were cleverer in implementing his radical agenda. But you can also make the case that his vacuity is imperiling American security

That question was not meant sarcastically. The man seems to be an ignoramus but he got a degree from Wharton. How did he do it? Back then they had blue book exams, can you imagine him sitting in a classroom writing an essay on some complex business problem involving statistical analysis? Did he have someone else take his exams? It's an honest question.

I'm not saying he's smart enough to get a degree from Wharton, all I'm saying is that he GOT a degree and I can't figure out how he did it.

Quit being such a clever snarky asshole and just think about the question, you putz! And fuck a bunch of shit about Saudi Arabia and Trump's acumen. just answer the question: HOW DID HE GET A DEGREE FROM WHARTON?

Wait, let me rephrase that: HOW DID HE GET A DEGREE FROM WHARTON, YOU FUCKING ASSHOLE?

31Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 5:26 pm

polecat

polecat

Know who has coal mines?
North Korea.
Know who want jobs?
West Virginia coal miners.

Let's create some jobs.

They will greet us as liberators

32Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 5:31 pm

zsomething

I'm not that fucking asshole, but since I still probably qualify as a different fucking asshole, I'll horn in on the Wharton thing. Just because it seems a fucking-asshole kind of thing to do. Wink

The more you know about college, the less impressive a degree is. I've got three of 'em. I'm smart, but I'm no whatchacall that guy, with the crazy hair, invented the theory of relatives or whatever? Yeah, that guy. And my degree's harder to get that a business degree. Business degrees are gimmies. So, Wharton's not that big a deal.

Trump's dad was rich, and he was very ambitious about his sons. Even drove Fred Jr. to drink himself to death in his early 40's, 'cuz he wanted to be a commercial airline pilot instead of a Wall Street "killer." So his dad tormented him and got his brothers to torment him, too, saying "What's the difference between you and a bus driver?" So, yeah, Fred Christ Trump (not kidding, that was his middle name)? MAJOR fucking asshole. Makes me and Polecat look like a hospitality committee. A guy like that could eaaaasilly buy his son's way through college. You have millions, they want to hit you up for funds. Things can happen.

And, they did.

Gwenda Blair’s book on the Trump family reports that he gained admission as a transfer student only because of “an interview with a friendly Wharton admissions officer who was one of Freddy’s old high school classmates.” (Freddy is Donald’s older brother.) Trump was also the son of one of the wealthiest New York businessmen of the era, the developer Fred Trump. That certainly couldn’t have hurt his admission chances.

As with all things Trump, his claims of his academic prowess are greatly exaggerated.

Writing in the New York Times magazine in 1984, William Geist reported that “the commencement program from 1968 does not list him as graduating with honors of any kind,” even though “just about every profile ever written about Mr. Trump states that he graduated first in his class at Wharton in 1968.”

The writer Jerome Tuccille reported in his 1985 biography of Trump that while “it has been reported that he graduated first in the class … Donald denied that he ever made such a claim. Actually he was not among the honor students that year.”

As always, Trump talks himself up, but, this is what he really was:

Trump’s academic performance at Wharton, good or bad, didn’t affect his career much. When he graduated, he promptly went to work for his father’s real estate firm, where he was made president a few years later.

Got it all from Daddy.

Trump spent only two years at Penn, having transferred to Wharton as a junior from Fordham in New York City. He was hardly a stellar student (never making the dean’s list, despite repeatedly telling the New York Times he graduated first in his class). He lived off-campus and didn’t take part in much campus life, spending his weekends in New York working in his dad’s real estate business.

Reportedly, the school is now highly ashamed of Trump, and wish he'd stop telling people he went there.

Over 4,000 members of the Wharton community penned an open letter that denounced the candidate this past summer, insisting that Trump “does not represent us” and that the school has been used “to legitimize prejudice and intolerance.” The letter included the names of at least 30 professors. “There are a lot of Wharton students who have the right idea about how they fit into the world, but who are feeling a little diminished by this,” said Brousse, the development officer.

Anyway, I'm not sure how he graduated Wharton, but I have $u$picion$.

33Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 5:58 pm

zsomething wrote:I'm not that fucking asshole, but since I still probably qualify as a different fucking asshole, I'll horn in on the Wharton thing. Just because it seems a fucking-asshole kind of thing to do.  Wink

The more you know about college, the less impressive a degree is.  I've got three of 'em.  I'm smart, but I'm no whatchacall that guy, with the crazy hair, invented the theory of relatives or whatever?  Yeah, that guy.  And my degree's harder to get that a business degree.  Business degrees are gimmies.  So, Wharton's not that  big a deal.

Trump's dad was rich, and he was very ambitious about his sons.  Even drove Fred Jr. to drink himself to death in his early 40's, 'cuz he wanted to be a commercial airline pilot instead of a Wall Street "killer."  So his dad tormented him and got his brothers to torment him, too, saying "What's the difference between you and a bus driver?"  So, yeah, Fred Christ Trump (not kidding, that was his middle name)?  MAJOR fucking asshole.  Makes me and Polecat look like a hospitality committee.  A guy like that could eaaaasilly buy his son's way through college.  You have millions, they want to hit you up for funds.  Things can happen.

And, they did.  

Gwenda Blair’s book on the Trump family reports that he gained admission as a transfer student only because of “an interview with a friendly Wharton admissions officer who was one of Freddy’s old high school classmates.” (Freddy is Donald’s older brother.) Trump was also the son of one of the wealthiest New York businessmen of the era, the developer Fred Trump. That certainly couldn’t have hurt his admission chances.

As with all things Trump, his claims of his academic prowess are greatly exaggerated.

Writing in the New York Times magazine in 1984, William Geist reported that “the commencement program from 1968 does not list him as graduating with honors of any kind,” even though “just about every profile ever written about Mr. Trump states that he graduated first in his class at Wharton in 1968.”

The writer Jerome Tuccille reported in his 1985 biography of Trump that while “it has been reported that he graduated first in the class … Donald denied that he ever made such a claim. Actually he was not among the honor students that year.”

Trump’s academic performance at Wharton, good or bad, didn’t affect his career much. When he graduated, he promptly went to work for his father’s real estate firm, where he was made president a few years later.

Got it all from Daddy.

Trump spent only two years at Penn, having transferred to Wharton as a junior from Fordham in New York City. He was hardly a stellar student (never making the dean’s list, despite repeatedly telling the New York Times he graduated first in his class). He lived off-campus and didn’t take part in much campus life, spending his weekends in New York working in his dad’s real estate business.

Reportedly, the school is now highly ashamed of Trump, and wish he'd stop telling people he went there.

Over 4,000 members of the Wharton community penned an open letter that denounced the candidate this past summer, insisting that Trump “does not represent us” and that the school has been used “to legitimize prejudice and intolerance.” The letter included the names of at least 30 professors. “There are a lot of Wharton students who have the right idea about how they fit into the world, but who are feeling a little diminished by this,” said Brousse, the development officer.

Thank you. That's all I wanted, a straight-up answer to an honest question--instead of a bunch of snarky bullshit from a hillbilly cocksucker.

P.S. Nice bit of research there, sport.

34Fire and Fury - Page 2 Empty Re: Fire and Fury 8/9/2017, 8:50 pm

polecat

polecat

Teddy Magyk wrote:
zsomething wrote:I'm not that fucking asshole, but since I still probably qualify as a different fucking asshole, I'll horn in on the Wharton thing. Just because it seems a fucking-asshole kind of thing to do.  Wink

The more you know about college, the less impressive a degree is.  I've got three of 'em.  I'm smart, but I'm no whatchacall that guy, with the crazy hair, invented the theory of relatives or whatever?  Yeah, that guy.  And my degree's harder to get that a business degree.  Business degrees are gimmies.  So, Wharton's not that  big a deal.

Trump's dad was rich, and he was very ambitious about his sons.  Even drove Fred Jr. to drink himself to death in his early 40's, 'cuz he wanted to be a commercial airline pilot instead of a Wall Street "killer."  So his dad tormented him and got his brothers to torment him, too, saying "What's the difference between you and a bus driver?"  So, yeah, Fred Christ Trump (not kidding, that was his middle name)?  MAJOR fucking asshole.  Makes me and Polecat look like a hospitality committee.  A guy like that could eaaaasilly buy his son's way through college.  You have millions, they want to hit you up for funds.  Things can happen.

And, they did.  

Got it all from Daddy.

Thank you. That's all I wanted, a straight-up answer to an honest question--instead of a bunch of snarky bullshit from a hillbilly cocksucker.

P.S. Nice bit of research there, sport.

Hillbilly Asshole. Yes.
Cocksucker? You looking for a date?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum