Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

No need to destroy Trump -- he's doing it himself!

+7
Sal
Floridatexan
Telstar
PkrBum
zsomething
del.capslock
Wordslinger
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

del.capslock

del.capslock

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock

del.capslock

zsomething wrote:
Some of the smartest, most badass people I know are female.   Hey, know what?  I am a feminist.  And, oddly enough, I spend a lot of my time laughing.  Often with women!

Well, considering your sense of humor and inability to detect the same, I'd guess the women were laughing just to be polite.

Be your gender what it may, you will certainly have heard the following from a female friend who is enumerating the charms of a new (male) squeeze: "He's really quite cute, and he's kind to my friends, and he knows all kinds of stuff, and he's so funny … " (If you yourself are a guy, and you know the man in question, you will often have said to yourself, "Funny? He wouldn't know a joke if it came served on a bed of lettuce with sauce béarnaise.") However, there is something that you absolutely never hear from a male friend who is hymning his latest (female) love interest: "She's a real honey, has a life of her own … [interlude for attributes that are none of your business] … and, man, does she ever make 'em laugh." Now, why is this? Why is it the case?, I mean. Why are women, who have the whole male world at their mercy, not funny?

http://www.vanityfair.com/culture/2007/01/hitchens200701

And remember, a sense of humor, especially of the ironic variety, is a pretty good measure of intelligence.

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

And frankly I gotta say I've never understood what was so great about kettle fried turkey anyway, Cajun or otherwise.  Give me traditional roasted every time, but each to their own.

And there, in one sentence, is what annoys me about most women, the switch from a general topic--the danger of deep-frying turkeys indoors--to a personal one all about what they like or feel. Most women are shallow, materialistic and self-centered, obsessed with their emotions and their fucking feelings.

Women that can talk about objective reality without somehow bringing it back to them and their goddamn interior lives are rare indeed, "more valuable than rubies" according to Proverbs.

And here's yet another fucking feeling:  PITY for you, sir -- pure, unadulterated pity for you and your deeply deluded, hate-filled mind.  You truly are a sad case.  Oh, and add to that, pity for any female who has to deal with you on any basis whatsoever.  Make that any human being, female OR male.  

One has to wonder what persons or events in your life left you so terribly twisted.   What a shame and a waste.

But then, you really shouldn't take yourself and your opinions so SERIOUSLY, now should you?

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:I've only had deep-fried turkey once (it was cooked at the local firehouse, oddly enough!) and I loved it.   But, it wasn't so much better than roasted that I'd risk a house fire for it.

WATCH OUT, Z!   Our resident misogynist will be calling you out for expressing your GODDAM INNER FEELINGS, just like a woman!  Oh, wait -- you mean that criticism only applies to the female of the species?  My bad.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 6/7/2017, 2:16 am; edited 1 time in total

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

MULTIPLE KUDOS, Z!  THIS IS BY FAR THE MOST INSIGHTFUL, RIGHT-ON-THE-MARK POST OF THE YEAR AND THEN SOME.  WOW, A MAN AFTER MY OWN  HEART.  YOU GO, GUY!!

Allow me to point out that you had to get a guy to do it for you. Defense rests.

You mean, deflector-in-chief rests. Nice try, Donald.

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:And remember, a sense of humor, especially of the ironic variety, is a pretty good measure of intelligence.

And remember also, z, that one of del's favorite maneuvers is to spew his special brand of vitriol and then, when criticized for it, to back off by implying that he was merely being humorous -- and that YOU, the critic, are the one at fault for not recognizing humor when you see it.  

Pretty good trick, eh?  Almost worked on me the first time or so.

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:
But then, you really shouldn't take yourself and your opinions so SERIOUSLY, now should you?

I don't take myself seriously, this is play. If you think anything written on a politics forum is of any consequence whatsoever, you're sadly mistaken. Nothing anyone says here is going to change anyone's mind--it serves only two purposes: to piss people off or make them laugh.

If, instead of getting all emotional and howling like a banshee on a bad trip over my post about Hillary, you had spent five minutes doing a little research, you could have blown holes in my "losers should sit down and shut up" argument--Richard Milhouse Nixon being a prime example. DUH!

The argument was ridiculous on it's face, but you, in typical feminine fashion, instead of thinking logically and doing some work, set your own damn hair on fire and started shrieking like a wounded hyena.

If you had taken the time to read the Hitchens essay you would have realized it shredded my most recent argument. But no-o-o-o, you have to immediately start typing and screeching.

Answer me this, girly: Women read books written by men, but men don't read books written by women. Why do you think that is?

Could it be because women can't write either? Of course, if your hysterical drivel is any example, the answer is obvious. Or, to put it more bluntly, your writing sucks. It reads an angry middle-school girl's ravings about the injustice of it all.

So, no, I don't take myself seriously. As a matter of fact, I'm ashamed of myself for trolling you, it's too goddamn easy.

Telstar

Telstar

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Answer me this, girly: Women read books written by men, but men don't read books written by women. Why do you think that is?

zsomething

Well, considering your sense of humor and inability to detect the same, I'd guess the women were laughing just to be polite.

Wow, did you pick the wrong tree to go barkin' up, Rover! Smile I've had all the positive reinforcement regarding my sense of humor I'll ever need, both on the web and in person, so you're crashing against the rock of the eternal shore taking that tactic. Smile If it doesn't work for ya then it doesn't, but that's not an area I'm insecure about. You should pick on my sense of direction instead. Now there's a sore spot.

You're really odd, y'know? If I'm not being indiscreet -- and, given your behavior toward me and others here, I really don't give a shit if I am -- when I first showed up here you were kissing my ass so much about my writing in the private message box that, honestly, I was a little creeped out by it. I already pretty much didn't like you (mostly for the way you treat Seaoat, who seems like a good guy who's done nothing to deserve your bullying abuse, and even Joni, who I'm no fan of but who doesn't warrant "bitch!" screamed at her) but it's my nature to be polite, so I'd give brief, non-committal "gee thanks" replies and hoped you'd move on and find some other "friend."

Now, I cross you up a little (because you go out of your way to provoke it) and suddenly I'm Lord-God-King-of-Unfunny. Laughing Probably can't write either, now! A'ight, then. I can live with that.

Ever occur to you that people around you who have an "inability to detect humor" simply aren't finding anything to detect? I mean, maybe I'm a tough audience (and I don't think I am since Archie comics can still crack me up), but calling PkrBum a baby over and over again doesn't exactly make me think Bill Hicks has risen from the grave. I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings by not giving you enough positive reinforcement, but I was honestly trying not to encourage you with this "me 'n' you are pals, ain't we, Spike?" shit. And I don't think you're all that funny. Sorry. Maybe someone else does, and that's great, but, not me.

Be your gender what it may, you will certainly have heard the following from a female friend who is enumerating the charms of a new (male) squeeze: "He's really quite cute, and he's kind to my friends, and he knows all kinds of stuff, and he's so funny … " (If you yourself are a guy, and you know the man in question, you will often have said to yourself, "Funny? He wouldn't know a joke if it came served on a bed of lettuce with sauce béarnaise.") However, there is something that you absolutely never hear from a male friend who is hymning his latest (female) love interest: "She's a real honey, has a life of her own … [interlude for attributes that are none of your business] … and, man, does she ever make 'em laugh." Now, why is this? Why is it the case?, I mean. Why are women, who have the whole male world at their mercy, not funny?

Now that "come served on a bed of lettuce with sauce bearnaise" thing is heeeeee-larry-ass! Wow, I've never heard that "he wouldn't know a thing if knowing the thing was made super-easy" joke before. You can bet no woman wrote that! Just some studly fella who knows what "sauce bearnaise" is. (Not that there's anything wrong with that...)

There's things I like about Hitchens, but the guy was a dick, not anybody I'd take as a guru. And of course he didn't like women -- he was a narcissistic, terminally-unhappy drunk with fer-shit hygiene who was constantly in fight mode. They found him repulsive, so, sour grapes.

Hey... maybe that explains your... ah, never mind.

So, anyway, women aren't funny? Dude, you're following the wrong people on Twitter, 'cuz my timeline's full of hilarious women. Funnier than a lot of the men. Sorry if that viewpoint gets me kicked out of the He-Man Woman-Haters Club, but, I've never been much of a joiner, anyway.

And remember, a sense of humor, especially of the ironic variety, is a pretty good measure of intelligence.

Absolutely. So, I know lots of smart, funny women. Smile

If that bugs ya, then I guess it just does. You don't have to like me. And, if you don't, not talking to me's the best way to prove it.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

And frankly I gotta say I've never understood what was so great about kettle fried turkey anyway, Cajun or otherwise.  Give me traditional roasted every time, but each to their own.

And there, in one sentence, is what annoys me about most women, the switch from a general topic--the danger of deep-frying turkeys indoors--to a personal one all about what they like or feel. Most women are shallow, materialistic and self-centered, obsessed with their emotions and their fucking feelings.

Women that can talk about objective reality without somehow bringing it back to them and their goddamn interior lives are rare indeed, "more valuable than rubies" according to Proverbs.

Please take your mommy issues and your ex-wife issues and put 'em where the sun don' t shine.

zsomething

RealLindaL wrote:

And remember also, z, that one of del's favorite maneuvers is to spew his special brand of vitriol and then, when criticized for it, to back off by implying that he was merely being humorous -- and that YOU, the critic, are the one at fault for not recognizing humor when you see it.  

Pretty good trick, eh?  Almost worked on me the first time or so.

Don't worry, I've run into the type before.  Most of whom were better at it.

None of this is serious to me.  If anybody disagrees with me on the internet, I'll engage them to the point that it's fun, and once it gets dull I shrug it off.

Really, I think he's just bored and is trying to provoke any attention he can get.  It's a quest for significance.   If being buddy-buddy doesn't work, then he'll try to throw chum in the water and see if he can rouse up a shark to fight with.  Anything to alleviate the boredom of not being found interesting, when he just knows he's fascinating.  Better be an adversary than be nothing at all. My only worry is that he seems like one of those weak guys who collects slights like Lego blocks, builds grudges out of 'em, and can't let go of 'em because this is all he's got.  Hope not, but we'll see.

I see now he's trying to piss you off by disparaging women, with some fairly ridiculous stuff, such as "men don't read women."  Oh, how wrong that is.  My state is famous for William Faulkner, but for my money our greatest gift to the world of letters was Eudora Welty.  Damn, but that woman could write!  I'll take her over Faulkner any day.  

I read a lot of horror, and there are tons of great female writers -- Shirley Jackson is a freakin' god. All those Victorians - Edith Wharton, Elizabeth Gaskell, Edith Nesbit, Gertrude Atherton, J. H. Riddell... on and on.  And newer ones, like Kathe Koja, Poppy Z. Brite (who's apparently a man now, but she was a woman when I was reading her), Kaitlin R. Kiernan, Mary SanGiovanni, Sarah Langan, Sarah Pinborough, Melanie Tem.  I also like Patricia Highsmith's horror stuff... "Quest for Blank Claveringi" is serious-nasty). I also read a lot of old crime/noir stuff and the last really good one I read was The Blank Wall by Elisabeth Sanxay Holding.  In A Lonely Place by Dorothy B. Hughes was also good.  (I read 'em in this , so, yeah, I knew damn well I was getting female authors).  

So, that "men don't read women" thing is so much horseshit.

And he's also trying to slam your writing.  Personally, I like your writing.  And he DM'ed me praising mine, so... I reckon I'd have his badge of approval to  know good writing when I see it.  So, disregard his criticism, I hearby negate it. Smile

I like female musicians, too.  

I know metal, and anybody's going to have a futile time trying to convince me that's not badass just because of their gender.

And I have an old biker-chick girlfriend (who used to visit me in Pensacola Beach during the summer, actually) who can not only build motorcycles, but can beat up a lot of men.  She's still one of the last people I'd ever want to tangle with, of either gender.  

O' course, saying all of this will probably get me branded a "cuck" or a "beta" or whatever the silly "men's rights activist" term for guy-who-doesn't-share-their-insecurity is, but, whatever.  Opinions don't mean much to me when I don't hold their source in any regard.  If it means I get more cool stuff to pick from, fling me some labels, I could hardly give less of a damn.

So, yeah, I wouldn't worry about it too much.  If he hates women, he's losing out.  In the words of Patton Oswalt, he's "going to miss out on everything cool and die angry."  And that won't be my problem, or yours. Smile

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:If, instead of getting all emotional and howling like a banshee on a bad trip over my post about Hillary, you had spent five minutes doing a little research, you could have blown holes in my "losers should sit down and shut up" argument--Richard Milhouse Nixon being a prime example. DUH!

The argument was ridiculous on it's face, but you, in typical feminine fashion, instead of thinking logically and doing some work, set your own damn hair on fire and started shrieking like a wounded hyena.

If you had taken the time to read the Hitchens essay you would have realized it shredded my most recent argument. But no-o-o-o, you have to immediately start typing and screeching.

I assure you I don't know WTF you're talking about.  Please indulge me by pointing out exactly where I screeched or shrieked or whatever about your post about Hillary or Hitchens or whomever.  Perhaps in the fury of your delirium you have me confused with another of your favorite female whipping posts.

del.capslock

del.capslock

zsomething wrote:
I can't help it if I'm loquacious.

Wow, kid you are loquacious. Easily provoked too. Good to know.

Let's see what else you told us about yourself--at great length, I might add:

You like horror fiction,

You like Victorian women writers,

You like biker chicks,

You think metal music is "badass",

And you can barely write a sentence without the first personal pronoun it.

Let's put it all together and see what we come up with:

An alienated, disaffected, mildly precocious, teenager that thinks every thought that pops into his still pretty much empty head is important.

Let me remind you of something, kid. I said MEN don't read women writers. I didn't say anything about boys.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

I don't take myself seriously, this is play. If you think anything written on a politics forum is of any consequence whatsoever, you're sadly mistaken. Nothing anyone says here is going to change anyone's mind--it serves only two purposes: to piss people off or make them laugh.

If, instead of getting all emotional and howling like a banshee on a bad trip over my post about Hillary, you had spent five minutes doing a little research, you could have blown holes in my "losers should sit down and shut up" argument--Richard Milhouse Nixon being a prime example. DUH!

Could it be because women can't write either? Of course, if your hysterical drivel is any example, the answer is obvious. Or, to put it more bluntly, your writing sucks. It reads an angry middle-school girl's ravings about the injustice of it all.

So, no, I don't take myself seriously. As a matter of fact, I'm ashamed of myself for trolling you, it's too goddamn easy.

True statement.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Floridatexan wrote:
Just lifted this post from FB.  It's in reference to a CNN report about the London Bridge attack, and Drumpf's tweet.  This is so characteristic of a certain group of people:

Cnn and there storys!! I love how they keep Attacking him so dam much! Get over it hes our Potus and will remain our president, and there is not a dam thing yall could post that will change my mind and he still has my vote in 2020 along with the rest of the sleeping giant that has never voted and stepped up to the plate to ensure we dont end up with another Obama or worse. We are not going nowhere and we will be voting in 2020 again!!

"We are not going nowhere." This statement from your quote says it all. The writer is a perfect example of the knuckle-draggers who love the Trumpkin.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Wordslinger wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Just lifted this post from FB.  It's in reference to a CNN report about the London Bridge attack, and Drumpf's tweet.  This is so characteristic of a certain group of people:

Cnn and there storys!! I love how they keep Attacking him so dam much! Get over it hes our Potus and will remain our president, and there is not a dam thing yall could post that will change my mind and he still has my vote in 2020 along with the rest of the sleeping giant that has never voted and stepped up to the plate to ensure we dont end up with another Obama or worse. We are not going nowhere and we will be voting in 2020 again!!

"We are not going nowhere."  This statement from your quote says it all.  The writer is a perfect example of the knuckle-draggers who love the Trumpkin.

Oh, c'mon, that's not real, it's satire. Did anyone check out the poster?

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wordslinger wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

"We are not going nowhere."  This statement from your quote says it all.  The writer is a perfect example of the knuckle-draggers who love the Trumpkin.

Well thank God all the democrats are well educated literate scholars.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

del.capslock wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

Nope, not satire...it's the unfortunate reality.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Floridatexan wrote:

Nope, not satire...it's the unfortunate reality.
[/quote]

How can a functional illiterate use FB? It's mostly a written medium. You have to be able to read to navigate the pages. This looks like the writing of someone who can barely read--the mistakes don't look like dyslexia. Why would such a person be into FB?

Nothing personal, but I don't buy it, it's too extreme and feeds right into the worst leftie prejudices about Trump supporters--prejudices I share by the way, but guard against.

If it's not satire, my bet is it's a provocation of some sort. I might be wrong but it seems too extreme for me. I wouldn't take this at face value without checking out the poster's internet presence at the very least. I'd love to be proven wrong, with the accent on proven.

PkrBum

PkrBum

It's a weaponized fb post. The new fbi director implemented it as his first act to maga. Everyone that shares it, copy and pastes it, or even reads it too long can expect a loud knock at the door next week. The fbi, nsa, and 100 other alphabet agencies are all set to begin rounding up the leftists.

Enjoy your central command and control govt snowflakes... lol.

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:
del.capslock wrote:If, instead of getting all emotional and howling like a banshee on a bad trip over my post about Hillary, you had spent five minutes doing a little research, you could have blown holes in my "losers should sit down and shut up" argument--Richard Milhouse Nixon being a prime example. DUH!

I assure you I don't know WTF you're talking about.  Please indulge me by pointing out exactly where I screeched or shrieked or whatever about your post about Hillary or Hitchens or whomever.  Perhaps in the fury of your delirium you have me confused with another of your favorite female whipping posts.

Second request.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar

Telstar

No need to destroy Trump -- he's doing it himself! - Page 2 Don_t_10

RealLindaL

RealLindaL wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Second request.  

Third request.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum