Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Jaco's

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Jaco's Empty Jaco's 10/27/2016, 12:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Any opinions. I am not impressed!

2Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 11/18/2016, 10:06 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL

It sucks. Great view though. I only recommend it for drinks. As long as you don't eat there you'll be allright.

3Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 11/19/2016, 12:08 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

boards of FL wrote:It sucks.  Great view though.  I only recommend it for drinks.  As long as you don't eat there you'll be allright.

Thank you, that was my impression. Worst brunch we have ever had.

4Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 12/5/2016, 2:50 am

RealLindaL

Late to this party but completely agree.   We ate there one time only, about a year and a half ago, and will never go back.   Service was simply terrible in every respect, and when we finally got served our entree salad was only fair, seriously overpriced for what it was.  We were promptly ignored for the rest of the time and finally had to ask another server to please find ours to bring the tab. The whole experience felt...insulting, is the best word for it, but also quite annoying.  
We sat outside, but any pleasant feelings about the view were far overshadowed by negative vibes about the place itself.   Your instincts are right on target, Joani.
So how does a place like this keep going??  They did seem to have a rather loud crowd of young people inside, so maybe it's a favorite watering hole for millennials or something.   They can have it!!

5Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 12/8/2016, 1:37 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Late to this party but completely agree.   We ate there one time only, about a year and a half ago, and will never go back.   Service was simply terrible in every respect, and when we finally got served our entree salad was only fair, seriously overpriced for what it was.  We were promptly ignored for the rest of the time and finally had to ask another server to please find ours to bring the tab. The whole experience felt...insulting, is the best word for it, but also quite annoying.  
We sat outside, but any pleasant feelings about the view were far overshadowed by negative vibes about the place itself.   Your instincts are right on target, Joani.
So how does a place like this keep going??  They did seem to have a rather loud crowd of young people inside, so maybe it's a favorite watering hole for millennials or something.   They can have it!!
Same complaints as you stated...poor service, over-priced,  and mediocre food at best. I informed the waiter I was gluten intolerant and request no bread with my breakfast. My plate arrived with two pieces of toast on top of the eggs. I removed the cold unbuttered toast and ate my meal....I should have sent the plate back because later I suffered from a gluten contamination. 

We ate inside tucked (stuck) in a corner of the front window area...6 adults and two children in our party . We ordered brunch and cocktails and it was an expensive mistake.

6Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 12/28/2016, 3:18 am

RealLindaL

I should pay attention to the Food forum more often as it does interest me. Sorry for a belated comment again, but thanks for the further input, Joani. Sounds like you had a truly awful experience. Too bad a restaurant that understands customer service and perceived value can't take over for Jaco's, so we could enjoy the view AND a pleasant dining experience. I am still amazed they've lasted this long. I suppose it might be interesting to look at the comments on some of the review sites and I'll try to remember to do that, one of these days soon.

7Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 2/13/2017, 7:53 pm

Add... No draft beer.  Not a fan. Sad

8Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 2/14/2017, 2:17 am

RealLindaL

Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum, panhandler.

9Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 2/17/2017, 7:52 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum, panhandler.

Thank you for the kind welcome.

I will try to behave. Wink

10Jaco's Empty Re: Jaco's 2/23/2017, 2:14 am

RealLindaL

panhandler wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:Thanks for your input and welcome to the forum, panhandler.

Thank you for the kind welcome.  

I will try to behave. Wink

Well, what fun is THAT? Laughing

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]