Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tom Hardy.......America's best actor

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I just watched Tom Hardy in Child 44 and believe this man and the roles he has nailed with a wide range of characters is something very special in a time of clowns and celebrity......his talent is deep.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 10/12/2016, 9:27 pm; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:I just watched Tom Hardy in Child 44 and believe this man and the roles he has nailed with a wide range of characters is something very special in a time of clowns and celebrity......his talent is deep.

Haven't seen that one yet but I have seen Oliver Twist, Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy, The Dark Knight Rises, Mad Max and The Revenant. I'm anxious to see Dunkirk in 2017.

2seaoat

He caught my attention in the Drop on HBO. It is so refreshing to see talent and not celebrity.

Try not to become labile... dorkapotomus.

2seaoat

labile...

A person with Endocrine cancer is by definition labile.......good use of vocabulary.....I am impressed. Dorkapotamus should be trademarked and is very fitting, but beyond the same......few American actors transcend the talent of Hardy.

boards of FL

boards of FL

He's also in Inception, which I highly recommend. I don't know that I would go as far as to say he's the best actor though. He has definitely had a few flop performances (The Drop, Lawless, ...)

Oh, and he's British.

2seaoat

I liked his performance in the Drop......he developed the character and it was this performance which made me think this guy was special.

2seaoat

Oh, and he's British.

Yes he is and he is participating in American Hollywood, and is the best. I just cannot think of any male actor who is in the same zip code.

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Oh, and he's British.

Yes he is and he is participating in American Hollywood, and is the best.  I just cannot think of any male actor who is in the same zip code.

He's getting raves about that new TV series Taboo but from the clips I've seen he's doing a new take on his Bill Sykes character from ten years ago. This is the Tom Hardy movie I want to see.

Telstar

Telstar

Telstar wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Oh, and he's British.

Yes he is and he is participating in American Hollywood, and is the best.  I just cannot think of any male actor who is in the same zip code.

He's getting raves about that new TV series Taboo but from the clips I've seen he's doing a new take on his Bill Sykes character from ten years ago. This is the Tom Hardy movie I want to see.

I doubt Markle will want to see Dunkirk.

polecat

polecat

Lawless is a good one and he has a part in Peaky Blinders on Netflix.
Have you met his brother Howard?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum