Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

List what you will not miss when the News Journal forum goes under

+6
PBulldog2
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
VectorMan
Markle
Yella
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

That crappy ship is sinking fast. Might make a good barrier reef if it wasnt for all that toxic waste inside it. lol.

I WILL NOT MISS:

1) Pluck software: By far the worst forum software ever made.

2) Deleted threads: You spent alot of time debating some serious issue, only to wake up the next day and see where the moderator deleted a bunch of threads.

3) Certain members: I won't name any names but there were many crazy ones over the years.

What will you not miss?

Yella

Yella

I always have had a good time at the pnj.com. I disagreed with a lot of the people but the only despicable poster was the one we called Amway.

I was truly disgusted with the cowardly moron who deleted posts that were not to his or her liking. He or she deserves to be exposed so we all can be disgusted in unison.

I hope this new discussion forum doesn't just turn into a place for people to be profane.

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

It will.Watch and see.It's already started.

Yella wrote:I always have had a good time at the pnj.com. I disagreed with a lot of the people but the only despicable poster was the one we called Amway.

I was truly disgusted with the cowardly moron who deleted posts that were not to his or her liking. He or she deserves to be exposed so we all can be disgusted in unison.

I hope this new discussion forum doesn't just turn into a place for people to be profane.

So what if it does, isn't that what everyone wanted from the PNJ, freedom of speech, freedom to post what you want. Boards set up a place where you could truly say what you wanted to. No rules, everything goes. It will be raw and unedited, people will get feelings hurt, people will come and go, and sooner or later people will want something done about it then it will become the PNJ.

PNJ forum is/was addictive. I've enjoyed it over the yrs. The past year has been rougher for some unknown reason. I remember I was on one night bout two yrs ago. Some troll came on and posted some serious illegal shit. I flagged the post, it stayed. I logged out & flagged it again. Nothing. Logged into another acct and flagged it again. Nothing. I ended up calling exec editor Schneider at 10:30 pm that night & got him involved and the post was deleted within (15) mins & the idiot banned.

It could of been a great forum had the powers that be, bothered to stay on top of it. They didnt. It was mostly neglected by the moderators. Could of been a great place rather than the hellhole it became.

Markle

Markle

alecto wrote:
Yella wrote:I always have had a good time at the pnj.com. I disagreed with a lot of the people but the only despicable poster was the one we called Amway.

So what if it does, isn't that what everyone wanted from the PNJ, freedom of speech, freedom to post what you want. Boards set up a place where you could truly say what you wanted to. No rules, everything goes. It will be raw and unedited, people will get feelings hurt, people will come and go, and sooner or later people will want something done about it then it will become the PNJ.

Sorry, I don't see the reason to use profanity. It simply advertises that the person is not intelligent enough or have a sufficient vocabulary to express themselves.

Markle wrote:
alecto wrote:

Sorry, I don't see the reason to use profanity. It simply advertises that the person is not intelligent enough or have a sufficient vocabulary to express themselves.

ONE of the rare few times I agree with Markle.

VectorMan

VectorMan

I won't miss the deleted threads and comments. One or more posters at PNJ had some insider information or something. Because my last 2 of 3 screen names was banned for no apparent reason. Vectorman and VectorMans. I originally signed up in 2007 as PcolaWatcher. I'm pretty sure that guy Justin Casey/TB was behind my last 2 bannings. I would make comments to him then come back to find that my posts looked to be the only ones deleted. I would repost and they would get deleted again. There was nothing in my posts that could even be categorized as bannable language. Something very fishy was going on.

That pluck software sucked. It won't be missed.

I've been posting to this forum with Chrome. I haven't tried Internet Explorer yet. Hey Twoism, is there a recommended browser?

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I had fun over there for several years. Since I am a paid subscriber to the PNJ print version, I will still be able to access the site after it changes. Hopefully this forum will be just as fun.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

boards of FL

boards of FL

VectorMan wrote:I won't miss the deleted threads and comments. One or more posters at PNJ had some insider information or something. Because my last 2 of 3 screen names was banned for no apparent reason. Vectorman and VectorMans. I originally signed up in 2007 as PcolaWatcher. I'm pretty sure that guy Justin Casey/TB was behind my last 2 bannings. I would make comments to him then come back to find that my posts looked to be the only ones deleted. I would repost and they would get deleted again. There was nothing in my posts that could even be categorized as bannable language. Something very fishy was going on.

That pluck software sucked. It won't be missed.

I've been posting to this forum with Chrome. I haven't tried Internet Explorer yet. Hey Twoism, is there a recommended browser?

I use chrome, but I think the the forum works great with any browser.

Yella

Yella

Markle wrote:
alecto wrote:

Markle, you and I dwell on different pages of the book of opinion but here we are together. Profanity in this forum is not cool. I think everybody who posts here has a good enough vocabulary to respond with out making themselves appear crude.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I had fun over there for several years. Since I am a paid subscriber to the PNJ print version, I will still be able to access the site after it changes. Hopefully this forum will be just as fun.

Other Gannett sites have dropped the forums when they put up the pay wall.

What will I miss? Not a darn thing.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

I'll miss wondering if and when I'll be banned.

PBulldog2 wrote:I'll miss wondering if and when I'll be banned.

i wont miss that lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I have never been banned at the PNJ, but if the forums are going away, it might be fun to see how far one can press the limits. I keep saying that it could get wild and wooly over there in the last weeks before the changes are instituted. Twisted Evil

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Yella wrote:
Markle wrote:
alecto wrote:

Markle, you and I dwell on different pages of the book of opinion but here we are together. Profanity in this forum is not cool. I think everybody who posts here has a good enough vocabulary to respond with out making themselves appear crude.

I agree with you and Markle. On this forum, I pledge to limit myself to no more than the expressions that were tolerated at the PNJ. I see no reason to cuss here just because we can.

PBulldog2

PBulldog2

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

I have never been banned at the PNJ, but if the forums are going away, it might be fun to see how far one can press the limits. I keep saying that it could get wild and wooly over there in the last weeks before the changes are instituted. Twisted Evil

I don't think I've ever been banned, but I when couldn't log on under PerennialBulldog, I got all excited and thought I had earned my first badge. Alas, all my old posts remained, so who knows what happened. Razz

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

I'll miss the "ignore user" function.

Otherwise known as the whatever oddaze, dreamsgalore, catinthetoilet, wordslinger, floridaretardedtexan, bob says does not mean a rats ass to me and most others button.

no stress

no stress

I miss the guy that would tell you what a useless lowdown awful piece of donkey squeeze you were and then when you finally paid him some attention he'd cry like a newborn that you had attacked him.......priceless.

gulfbeachbandit

gulfbeachbandit

bYou talking about bob?

GUNZ wrote:I miss the guy that would tell you what a useless lowdown awful piece of donkey squeeze you were and then when you finally paid him some attention he'd cry like a newborn that you had attacked him.......priceless.

catfriedlegs

ghandi wrote:bYou talking about bob?

GUNZ wrote:I miss the guy that would tell you what a useless lowdown awful piece of donkey squeeze you were and then when you finally paid him some attention he'd cry like a newborn that you had attacked him.......priceless.

You know exactly who GUNZ is talking about.

I thought he was talking bout JP aka JustinCasey. There have been so many that fit that description, its hard to figure out who he's referring to.

I got banned 5+ yrs ago. Called up Mike, apologized, got back in. I think I got temporarily banned ten days ago, for a few short days. I helped get JP banned recently. I went and flagged all his rude obscene comments that were in violation & there were many!

Granny4Peace

Granny4Peace

I won't miss how badly it functioned on my iPad. Couldn't even send or read PMs. But I WILL miss that cute yellow chicken at the top of the screen. sunny

Yella

Yella

[quote="ghandi"]I'll miss the "ignore user" function.

Otherwise known as the whatever oddaze, dreamsgalore, catinthetoilet, wordslinger, floridaretardedtexan, bob says does not mean a rats ass to me and most others button.[/quot

I am stunned that you left me out of that stellar group of the intelligentsia.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum