Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Care to share? Why did you join this forum and what do you hope to get out of it?

+10
ZVUGKTUBM
Telstar
polecat
Damaged Eagle
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
Sal
boards of FL
Hospital Bob
othershoe1030
14 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Kinda interesting how a forum does become a community. No matter if you never post a personal thing, people get a sense of who you are. It's what technology has brought and how we live with people in addition to face to face contact at work and neighborhoods. Not to acknowledge someone going through a rough row in life could be it hits close to home and there are no words to share. People distance themselves to heal. Others gain a sense of peace by talking about their rough row. We will all have them. I choose to laugh more than cry or to be positive instead of negative. Encouragement can be as simple as "Have a good day, friend. Sorry you are going through this." But for some that is not a possible thing to say. Doesn't mean they don't care. Sometimes all you can do is fist bump and that's not possible on a forum.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:I didn't take Sal's remark as laughing at anyone dying nor am I laughing at anyone dying. It was just a little humor that took the edge off a grim subject.

In that case I come here to mock 40 somethings who report about their teenage sons getting badly injured while playing sports.

Vikingwoman

I don't think Sal was mocking you at all and it never crossed my mind you would take it so personally. Cancer is a scary thing and to be honest it terrifies me. I avoid reading about it and mute commercials talking about it.I have lost friends to it and don't want to acknowledge it's probably coming for me too. Not a good way to face some things but humor can be an outlet.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote:I don't think Sal was mocking you at all

"I come here to read the health reports".

No he wasn't mocking just me.  He was mocking all of us who've been writing posts about our cancer.  That's because it's really easy for him to do since he doesn't have cancer.
Just exactly like it was so easy for him to reply to me by saying "I've got news for you,  Bob,  we're all going to die someday".

Well I got news for him too.  Thousands of teenage punks get fucked up when playing sports,  not just his fucking son.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Oh and about all those Americans and Iraqis and Afghanis who died early because Bush and Cheney made it happen. 
Big deal,  everybody dies someday.

polecat

polecat

Someone said they had free hotdogs over here or I was on PNJ and I must have read 1 of Boards post.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Vikingwoman wrote: it never crossed my mind you would take it so personally.

You've gotta be shitting me.   Try being told that you're gonna die a horrible suffering death and then tell me it aint personal you stupid bitch.  Fuck you.

polecat

polecat

Bob wrote:Oh and about all those Americans and Iraqis and Afghanis who died early because Bush and Cheney made it happen. 

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

Telstar

Telstar

All this talk about death reminds me that the movie section wasn't what brought me back to posting on this forum. It was the Prayer for Teo thread in the general section in January. Never met the man but I enjoyed reading many of his posts so I felt I should respond. Not sure but that may have been my first post in years. We all know about death and most of us have had friends or family hit by cancer. I thank God that it hasn't touched my 60 plus year old body, yet. I pray for those it has.

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:

You've gotta be shitting me.   Try being told that you're gonna die a horrible suffering death and then tell me it aint personal you stupid bitch.  Fuck you.

All he said was he comes to read the health reports. You're blowing this out of proportion. You're trying to make it personal when it ain't.

Telstar

Telstar

polecat wrote:
Bob wrote:Oh and about all those Americans and Iraqis and Afghanis who died early because Bush and Cheney made it happen. 

Will Munny: It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have.

The Schofield Kid: Yeah, well, I guess they had it coming.

Will Munny: We all got it coming, kid.

The Unforgiven.

Vikingwoman

Well they do.

Sal

Sal

Jebus, Bob.

Take it easy, big guy.

It's not all about you, a great many of us post about health issues.

Just an attempt to inject a little humor into an otherwise grim subject matter.

I certainly wasn't mocking you or anyone else personally.

Laughing is always better than crying, but that's just me.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Jebus, Bob.

Take it easy, big guy.

It's not all about you, a great many of us post about health issues.

Just an attempt to inject a little humor into an otherwise grim subject matter.

I certainly wasn't mocking you or anyone else personally.

Laughing is always better than crying, but that's just me.

No big deal. I completely understand. I come here to read about teenagers who get badly injured. I laugh at that because laughing is better than crying.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Smoke a doobie, Bob.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

One of these days there will be some of you young punks who won't be laughing about it when the doctor tells you you have terminal cancer.
Oh sure,  you're now convinced you'll be laugihing about it.   But once it happens to you,  trust me it won't be humorous.

That's the thing about being young.  It's not like being black,  because black people will always be black.  But being young is temporary for each and every one of us.  And unless you die young,  all you punks will someday be old like me.  lol

Telstar

Telstar

Old age is the one disease you don't look forward to being cured of.

Sal

Sal

Some of us come to terms with our own mortality earlier than others, I guess.

I've come close to death and been so intimately involved with death during my years, that I've accepted it and choose to laugh about it.

I suppose I'm not sensitive enough to others who have not had the same experiences.

I apologize for having offended you, Bob.

boards of FL

boards of FL

Bob wrote:One of these days there will be some of you young punks who won't be laughing about it when the doctor tells you you have terminal cancer.
Oh sure,  you're now convinced you'll be laugihing about it.   But once it happens to you,  trust me it won't be humorous.

That's the thing about being young.  It's not like being black,  because black people will always be black.  But being young is temporary for each and every one of us.  And unless you die young,  all you punks will someday be old like me.  lol

I'm not laughing, Bob.

When I get to happy hour today, I'm going to drink to your coffin.

May it be built from the wood of a hundred year old oak that I shall plant tomorrow.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I appreciate it, bds. But last week I went to Harper Morris and arranged and paid for my funeral so my girlfriend won't have to fuck with it later. And I'm going to be cremated so won't need a casket.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Salinsky wrote:Some of us come to terms with our own mortality earlier than others, I guess.

I've come close to death and been so intimately involved with death during my years, that I've accepted it and choose to laugh about it.

I suppose I'm not sensitive enough to others who have not had the same experiences.

I'm glad you brought this up.  Coming to terms with mortality I mean.

I have fully accepted my own mortality too.  I could die in two years or two months and after having 67 years of life I won't complain.  That's not even an issue for me.

WHAT I AM DEATHLY (NO PUN INTENDED) AFRAID OF is the idea of lying in a hospital bed for the last few weeks or months with a horrible quality of life, that is really no more than just existing,  while a bunch of stranger medical personnel are sticking needles and tubes and morphine into me until I die.

That's why that now,  when I'm still able to function normally,  I'm doing everything I can to get a supply of about 90 secobarbital pills on hand for when the time is right.  Because I'M NOT going to go through with what I just described.  
So far I haven't had any luck being able to obtain it.  So when the time starts running out on me I've decided I'm going to break into a pharmacy and steal it if that's the only way I can get it.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Bob wrote:
Salinsky wrote:Some of us come to terms with our own mortality earlier than others, I guess.

I'm glad you brought this up.  Coming to terms with mortality I mean.

I have fully accepted my own mortality too.  I could die in two years or two months and after having 67 years of life I won't complain.  That's not even an issue for me.

WHAT I AM DEATHLY (NO PUN INTENDED) AFRAID OF is the idea of lying in a hospital bed for the last few weeks or months with a horrible quality of life, that is really no more than just existing,  while a bunch of stranger medical personnel are sticking needles and tubes and morphine into me until I die.

That's why that now,  when I'm still able to function normally,  I'm doing everything I can to get a supply of about 90 secobarbital pills on hand for when the time is right.  Because I'M NOT going to go through with what I just described.  
So far I haven't had any luck being able to obtain it.  So when the time starts running out on me I've decided I'm going to break into a pharmacy and steal it if that's the only way I can get it.

'Death With Dignity' Laws by State
http://healthcare.findlaw.com/patient-rights/death-with-dignity-laws-by-state.html

My cousin Bob exited this world quickly and efficiently in 2011 at age 60. He took off for his daily run, got 200 yards down the road and was instantly felled by a massive heart attack. His widow, who is now my brother's wife (they were both previously widowed) told me that he was dead before his body fell to the ground. I hope to one day go the cousin-Bob route when I die.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Vikingwoman

You don't have to do any of that,Bob. You don't even have to go in the hospital. You can stay at home and have hospice come in. They bring you the morphine and pain pills and you save them up until the time comes. That's what my friend did.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Thanks for sharing that, Z.
That's definitely the way to go out.
It's got me thinking maybe I should eat 10 Double Double What A Burgers every day so I.can trigger a heart attack. lol

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:

BTW, Bob ...

... heap your vitriol where it belongs.

That was unwarranted and untoward.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum