Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amazon Prime set to go on sale for $67

+2
TEOTWAWKI
ZVUGKTUBM
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

http://money.cnn.com/2015/09/22/news/amazon-prime-membership/index.html?iid=ob_homepage_deskrecommended_pool&iid=obnetwork

Amazon announced Tuesday that its Prime membership would be available for $67 in honor of the 5 Emmys it took home Sunday at the 67th annual Emmy Awards. All of them went to the online retailer's original hit show "Transparent."

The deal will be available beginning September 25 at midnight and will last for 24 hours.

The limited-time offer is only available to new members.

We bought a prime membership earlier this year, and we use the dickens out of it. Not only to buy more stuff from Amazon.com, but my wife watches many shows picked up from Amazon via a Roku device she got. Between video streamed from Amazon Prime and Netflix, we are approaching the point where we won't need cable TV anymore. I myself rarely watch TV, with most of my watching occurring on Saturday's during football season.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

I just paid 99 bucks a week ago....bummer

2seaoat

Thanks for the heads up. My daughter in law has it and they are very happy.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I got a free month's trial of it to order some stuff with the free two-day shipping.
Several months after that free trial ran out, I got another free trial by using a different email address.
Apparently it's that easy. Just use a different email address each time and you can keep getting free trials. lol

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Did you know that Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, also owns a rocket ship company (Blue Origin), like Elon Musk does? He has self-financed his company to the tune of $500 million already, and is developing a new rocket and space capsule.

Just another billionaire's hobby, I guess....

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Did you know that Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, also owns a rocket ship company (Blue Origin), like Elon Musk does? He has self-financed his company to the tune of $500 million already, and is developing a new rocket and space capsule.

I didn't know that.  But I think Bezos is the most impressive story of all the internet pioneers.  
I once read that when he came up with the idea for amazon,  he was living in his fricking car.  What a success story.

Markle

Markle

It appears that in order to qualify for the $30.00 discount you must apply for an Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card. For that you get a $30.00 gift card applied to the purchase of your Amazon Prime.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:It appears that in order to qualify for the $30.00 discount you must apply for an Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card.  For that you get a $30.00 gift card applied to the purchase of your Amazon Prime.

Well it's kinda convoluted. Yes I had to get the Amazon Visa Card to use the first free trial. But when I got the second free trial, the fact that I already had a card didn't disqualify me, and I don't remember having to get a different card for the second free trial. I do remember using a different gmail address though.

Markle

Markle

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:It appears that in order to qualify for the $30.00 discount you must apply for an Amazon.com Rewards Visa Card.  For that you get a $30.00 gift card applied to the purchase of your Amazon Prime.

Well it's kinda convoluted. Yes  I had to get the Amazon Visa Card to use the first free trial.  But when I got the second free trial,  the fact that I already had a card didn't disqualify me,  and I don't remember having to get a different card for the second free trial.  I do remember using a different gmail address though.  

This isn't a "Free Trial" this is supposed to be a one year prime membership which usually costs $99.00

I do not want an Amazon Visa Card.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:Did you know that Jeff Bezos, the founder of Amazon, also owns a rocket ship company (Blue Origin), like Elon Musk does? He has self-financed his company to the tune of $500 million already, and is developing a new rocket and space capsule.

Just another billionaire's hobby, I guess....

Not a hobby, a business. I know that's incredibly difficult for a far left Progressive to comprehend. A business? What's that?

PROVING, ONCE AGAIN, if there is a DEMAND for a product or service the private sector will fill that need WITHOUT tax payer paid subsidies.

Private companies are now launching rockets to re-supply the International Space Station.

IF there was such a huge demand for solar and wind power along with hybrid and electric cars, other hard working tax payers would not have to pay for the rich to own them.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:Not a hobby, a business.  I know that's incredibly difficult for a far left Progressive to comprehend.  A business?  What's that?

PROVING, ONCE AGAIN, if there is a DEMAND for a product or service the private sector will fill that need WITHOUT tax payer paid subsidies.

Private companies are now launching rockets to re-supply the International Space Station.

IF there was such a huge demand for solar and wind power along with hybrid and electric cars, other hard working tax payers would not have to pay for the rich to own them.

Only semi-demented poster Markle would politicize an informational thread like this one.....  And the definition of a dweeb is......what?

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Markle wrote:

I don't either. But if having to get one saves me a significant amount of money on a purchase, I let them waste their time on it. I've done that with several purchases from different website retailers. I have a drawer full of credit cards that aren't used for anything. The only one I use gives 1.5% cashback on all purchases. What's in your wallet?

American express... thank you bush2/obama and our central private bank the federal reserve.

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Markle wrote:Not a hobby, a business.  I know that's incredibly difficult for a far left Progressive to comprehend.  A business?  What's that?

Only semi-demented poster Markle would politicize an informational thread like this one.....  And the definition of a dweeb is......what?

Was it not you who brought launching private rockets into a discussion about Amazon Prime memberships and the requirements? Hard for you to comprehend I suppose.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Markle wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

Was it not you who brought launching private rockets into a discussion about Amazon Prime memberships and the requirements?  Hard for you to comprehend I suppose.

Yes, but I didn't politicize my post. You did politicize your post; however we expect this from you. You can turn any thread into cheap propaganda---BIG WOOPIE--it doesn't take any talent to be stupid.... (watch out---Socrates may be lurking.... LOL).

Markle

Markle

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

How did I politicize the post?

Vikingwoman

Bob wrote:
Markle wrote:

I don't either.  But if having to get one saves me a significant amount of money on a purchase,  I let them waste their time on it.  I've done that with several purchases from different website retailers.  I have a drawer full of credit cards that aren't used for anything.  The only one I use gives 1.5% cashback on all purchases.  What's in your wallet?  

American Express Everyday Blue card does better than that. They give 3% on groceries and gas and 1% on everything else.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum