Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My outside-the-beltway analysis of something Trump is doing.

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat

So you bought into into the reaganism in the beginning but then strayed from it later on.
That's indicative of an independent thinker.  I always respect that.

No Bob, Sal has an IQ higher than a toaster, and it had nothing to do with prideful independence and fence sitting......it had everything to do with the overwhelming evidence that Reaganomics has irreparably harmed America and that he may have been successful in foreign policy, but we are still paying for his HUGE economic and tax mistakes.

Sal

Sal

Bob wrote:
Many of my generation had developed a philosophy that wanting wealth and money and shit should take a backseat to love,  peace,  living communally, and all like that.  

That was short lived.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:What she also won't do is apply that same standard to hillary. Hillary represented that she was broke upon leaving the wh to garner populist support. When in fact she is a rich bitch preying on the average folk by promising to confiscate the wealth of others... which she won't do because she is bought and paid for by corps, banks, wall st., and foreign interests. She also leveraged her husbands name and accomplishments to place herself among the ruling elite. It's good to be the queen.

I'm back...and you really don't know what you're talking about, as usual. Why don't you start your own Hillary-bashing thread? This one's about "the Donald." I don't doubt that the Clintons' finances were severely impacted by the multiple lawyers they had to hire throughout Bill's presidency. The Clinton Foundation came much later, and Chelsea Clinton has been a prime mover in that.

Hillary Clinton is not my first choice, but, hands down, she beats any Republican running...that's ANY REPUBLICAN. They're all singing the same song, and it's repulsive.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

About that "connecting with people" thing though.

I'll never forget being in a long line of several hundred people behind a rope on the tarmac at the Pensacola airport who were there to eyeball Reagan in person. This was during his first presidential campaign.

When Reagan got to where I was and he held out his hand to shake mine, the only thing I remember about that is his hand had so much grease paint (theatrical makeup) on it that after I shook it, it looked my hand had been dipped in a flour jar.

If Trump ever comes to Pensacola, I'll be there to see what his hands look like. I don't trust people who wear grease paint out in public. That's just too much evidence of what Orson Welles told us long ago. That he'd known politician and he'd known actors, and that all politicians are really just actors.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Snark Spigot wrote:
Bob wrote:
Many of my generation had developed a philosophy that wanting wealth and money and shit should take a backseat to love,  peace,  living communally, and all like that.  

That was short lived.

That's very true and a very astute observation.  For a great many of my generation,  the peace and love thing lasted only until they realized they were living in a "van down by the river" as Chris so brilliantly put it.  And they no longer cottoned to that lifestyle.  lol

Some are still living in a van down by the river though.  Not many,  but some.  lol

Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What she also won't do is apply that same standard to hillary. Hillary represented that she was broke upon leaving the wh to garner populist support. When in fact she is a rich bitch preying on the average folk by promising to confiscate the wealth of others... which she won't do because she is bought and paid for by corps, banks, wall st., and foreign interests. She also leveraged her husbands name and accomplishments to place herself among the ruling elite. It's good to be the queen.

I'm back...and you really don't know what you're talking about, as usual. Why don't you start your own Hillary-bashing thread? This one's about "the Donald." I don't doubt that the Clintons' finances were severely impacted by the multiple lawyers they had to hire throughout Bill's presidency. The Clinton Foundation came much later, and Chelsea Clinton has been a prime mover in that.

Hillary Clinton is not my first choice, but, hands down, she beats any Republican running...that's ANY REPUBLICAN. They're all singing the same song, and it's repulsive.

You constantly throw bush2 crap into any thread that criticizes obama, hillary... or any of your dear leaders.

Mine was in actual context because it pointed out the fact that you hold different standards depending on party.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Bob wrote:See folks he can't answer that one quickly.  In his heart he wants to answer yes but he realizes that would be favoring what's tantamount to a form of dictatorship and he doesn't want to say that to you.

It all comes down to what he dislikes more.  Republicans?  or dictatorship?
If he did have to choose one over the other,  my money is on dictatorship.  lol
No different than the choice markle (or other "conservative") would make if the parties were reversed.  lol

Absolute caca, Bob. Another false dichotomy. In fact, the candidate who has signaled that he favors dictatorship is Jeb! :-[ This would be in keeping with the tenure of his brother...the "Decider"...and the closest we've come to fascism in this country since the Great Depression and the attempted assassination of FDR.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-charles-murray-the-bell-curve

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Actually a good number of those who are now "living down by the river" are the same vietnam vets the hippies used to spit at.
They got so disillusioned with american society because of their vietnam experience,  that the "van down by the river" was the life they chose after they got back home.
Such irony.  Many of the hippies morphed into reaganites.  And many of the vets morphed into hippies.

I think we're seeing the same thing happening to the modern day vets as a result of "Vietnam 2".  
When they went to war,  they had the same gung ho my country right or wrong mindset as Cheney (who himself,  ironically did everything he could to avoid military service during Vietnam 1).
But now that they've come home (the ones who survived it),  it appears that many are heading for that same van down by the river.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

I'm back...and you really don't know what you're talking about, as usual.  Why don't you start your own Hillary-bashing thread?  This one's about "the Donald."  I don't doubt that the Clintons' finances were severely impacted by the multiple lawyers they had to hire throughout Bill's presidency.  The Clinton Foundation came much later, and Chelsea Clinton has been a prime mover in that.  

Hillary Clinton is not my first choice, but, hands down, she beats any Republican running...that's ANY REPUBLICAN.  They're all singing the same song, and it's repulsive.

You constantly throw bush2 crap into any thread that criticizes obama, hillary... or any of your dear leaders.

Mine was in actual context because it pointed out the fact that you hold different standards depending on party.

No...I just HAVE standards...and no one on the right comes close...and you're right...I hate the Bush family with every fiber of my being. They're all liars, crooks, and murderers.

Floridatexan wrote:
Bob wrote:See folks he can't answer that one quickly.  In his heart he wants to answer yes but he realizes that would be favoring what's tantamount to a form of dictatorship and he doesn't want to say that to you.

It all comes down to what he dislikes more.  Republicans?  or dictatorship?
If he did have to choose one over the other,  my money is on dictatorship.  lol
No different than the choice markle (or other "conservative") would make if the parties were reversed.  lol

Absolute caca, Bob. Another false dichotomy. In fact, the candidate who has signaled that he favors dictatorship is Jeb! :-[ This would be in keeping with the tenure of his brother...the "Decider"...and the closest we've come to fascism in this country since the Great Depression and the attempted assassination of FDR.

http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/jeb-bush-charles-murray-the-bell-curve

Lol... see? And in actuality obamacaid is the biggest fascist program of all time... directly marrying ins & corps to govt.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Floridatexan wrote:and you're right...I hate the Bush family with every fiber of my being.  They're all liars, crooks, and murderers.

So much so that you believe they blew up the world trade center and flew missiles into the pentagon. lol

p.s.  if it makes you feel any better,  I hate that hayseed one just as much as you do.  That's why I voted AGAINST McCain since he wanted "another 100 years" of that atrocity just like hayseed and cheney and those other neocons did.  It wasn't a vote FOR anything.  Just a vote AGAINST a continuation of something.
The other two (poppy and jebby) I can take or leave.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

I have to leave the discussion for now but I wish I didn't cause this is more fun than what I'll be doing. lol
See ya later.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum