Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Obama how about using some of that money we saved to fix our infrastructure ?

+4
Sal
polecat
boards of FL
TEOTWAWKI
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

boards of FL

boards of FL

Markle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Logic of the Republican Base

1.  Democrats propose $468 billion infrastructure bill which would be funded by closing tax loopholes on corporations that hide money overseas.  Thus, the bill is deficit neutral.

2.  Republicans block that bill.

3.  Republican voters blame Obama for our infrastructure woes.

When your collection base shares the IQ of ranch dressing...

http://www.thefiscaltimes.com/2015/03/25/478B-Infrastructure-Bill-Blocked-Senate-GOP

Logic of the Democrat Base.

Closing loopholes is an age old, failed argument.  Why not close those loopholes and reduce the DEBT from $18+ TRILLION accrued during the administration, so far, of semi-retired President Obama back to what it was when he took office?


Because our infrastructure is in disrepair. Do you understand what this thread is about? Republicans blaming Obama for our infrastructure problems.

You can't have it both ways. Either the infrastructure is the republicans fault since they repeatedly block bills to invest in infrastructure, or you hold to the idea that the federal government should spend nothing on infrastructure, in which case the premise of this thread is bullshit. If it isn't the federal government's place to invest in our infrastructure, it isn't Obama's problem. Pick a narrative.

All that said, it is the job of the federal government to maintain infrastructure and the reason why ours is in disrepair is because republicans block all bills to repair it. This isn't rocket science. Our infrastructure will be revamped once 1) republicans evolve on this issue 2) republican voters get smarter or 3) house district gerrymandering is addressed.


_________________
I approve this message.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:The Federal government doesn't build roads they rob the states then dole out the funds the state uses to hire independent contractors to build the roads....in truth Free market enterprise, skipping the feds is the best way to build roads...why shouldn't those that use them pay for them ?...like toll roads...similarly why should I pay for someone elses kids "free" education....Sure it's how it's been done in the recent past but only a real fool trusts the bloated Federal government to get it right. They are really good at skimming from every bill they write. Pork anyone ?..I have to wonder what was in that infrastructure bill that made it unacceptable...maybe more money to see why lesbian women are fat....

This is just a jaw dropping stupid post. "The Federal government doesn't build roads..." right, the bureaucrats in DC do not put on hard hats and work on the roads, therefore...UGH UGH UGH.

Yes all those "independent contractors" translate into local jobs, paychecks. That was the main reason the bills were not passed. They would have made Obama look good, can't have that!

Toll roads are regressive. As great as this country is we should be able to pave our highways or are we sliding into becoming Albania?

Yes, by all means let's do away with free schooling so we can live among even more stupid uneducated people who can more easily be manipulated by religious or corporate zealots.

"Penny wise and Pound Foolish" comes to mind when I hear ideas like this. Investments have to be made in children's education and infrastructure which includes much more than roads of course, drinking water supplies, electric grid, communication structure, etc.  You have got to consider the consequences of  these types of ideas.   

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The Federal government doesn't build roads they rob the states then dole out the funds the state uses to hire independent contractors to build the roads....in truth Free market enterprise, skipping the feds is the best way to build roads...why shouldn't those that use them pay for them ?...like toll roads...similarly why should I pay for someone elses kids "free" education....Sure it's how it's been done in the recent past but only a real fool trusts the bloated Federal government to get it right. They are really good at skimming from every bill they write. Pork anyone ?..I have to wonder what was in that infrastructure bill that made it unacceptable...maybe more money to see why lesbian women are fat....

This is just a jaw dropping stupid post. "The Federal government doesn't build roads..." right, the bureaucrats in DC do not put on hard hats and work on the roads, therefore...UGH UGH UGH.

Yes all those "independent contractors" translate into local jobs, paychecks. That was the main reason the bills were not passed. They would have made Obama look good, can't have that!

Toll roads are regressive. As great as this country is we should be able to pave our highways or are we sliding into becoming Albania?

Yes, by all means let's do away with free schooling so we can live among even more stupid uneducated people who can more easily be manipulated by religious or corporate zealots.

"Penny wise and Pound Foolish" comes to mind when I hear ideas like this. Investments have to be made in children's education and infrastructure which includes much more than roads of course, drinking water supplies, electric grid, communication structure, etc.  You have got to consider the consequences of  these types of ideas.   

You make a lot of really gross assumptions...one that I noticed is that our children are getting an education...In what I might ask ? It sure isn't reading writing and rithmatic.  


Hey Obama how about using some of that money we saved to fix our infrastructure ? - Page 2 Screen%20shot%202013-12-03%20at%205.29.16%20am

The United States, meanwhile, ranks below the OECD average in every category. And as the WSJ notes, the US has slipped in all of the major categories in recent years:

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-rankings-2013-12#ixzz3gXSOQ4bN




http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-rankings-2013-12?op=1

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:The Federal government doesn't build roads they rob the states then dole out the funds the state uses to hire independent contractors to build the roads....in truth Free market enterprise, skipping the feds is the best way to build roads...why shouldn't those that use them pay for them ?...like toll roads...similarly why should I pay for someone elses kids "free" education....Sure it's how it's been done in the recent past but only a real fool trusts the bloated Federal government to get it right. They are really good at skimming from every bill they write. Pork anyone ?..I have to wonder what was in that infrastructure bill that made it unacceptable...maybe more money to see why lesbian women are fat....

This is just a jaw dropping stupid post. "The Federal government doesn't build roads..." right, the bureaucrats in DC do not put on hard hats and work on the roads, therefore...UGH UGH UGH.

Yes all those "independent contractors" translate into local jobs, paychecks. That was the main reason the bills were not passed. They would have made Obama look good, can't have that!

Toll roads are regressive. As great as this country is we should be able to pave our highways or are we sliding into becoming Albania?

Yes, by all means let's do away with free schooling so we can live among even more stupid uneducated people who can more easily be manipulated by religious or corporate zealots.

"Penny wise and Pound Foolish" comes to mind when I hear ideas like this. Investments have to be made in children's education and infrastructure which includes much more than roads of course, drinking water supplies, electric grid, communication structure, etc.  You have got to consider the consequences of  these types of ideas.   

You make a lot of really gross assumptions...one that I noticed is that our children are getting an education...In what I might ask ? It sure isn't reading writing and rithmatic.  


Hey Obama how about using some of that money we saved to fix our infrastructure ? - Page 2 Screen%20shot%202013-12-03%20at%205.29.16%20am





http://www.businessinsider.com/pisa-rankings-2013-12?op=1



But you were just complaining about having to pay for our education system. What, do you think our academic results would improve if we were to defund education?

See if you can walk us through your breathtakingly inane logic on that one.


_________________
I approve this message.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan


I don't know where or when your stats originated, but I wonder if you noticed this:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/20/us-teenagers-win-math-contest-for-first-time-in-21-years.html

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well that's just something "progressives" don't understand because they are down right stupid to a fault. If you get something for free you have no real financial motive to appreciate it. If you pay for it and it is something you work for you see it's value. So if little Johnnies parents were paying directly for his schooling they would make little Johnnie study because it would be a waste of THEIR money for him not to...but please this same principle is what is the cancerous rot in our whole system...even you should be able to figure that out....

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Floridatexan wrote:
I don't know where or when your stats originated, but I wonder if you noticed this:

http://www.cnbc.com/2015/07/20/us-teenagers-win-math-contest-for-first-time-in-21-years.html


Bhahahahaha,,,yea America..LOL



Head coach Po-Shen Loh (far left) and assistant coaches John Berman and Alex Zhai (far right) flank the members of the winning squad: Shyam Narayanan, David Stoner, Michael Kural, Ryan Alweiss, Yang Liu and Allen Liu.

Chinese coach and half the team is oriental....

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well that's just something "progressives" don't understand because they are down right stupid to a fault. If you get something for free you have no real financial motive to appreciate it. If you pay for it and it is something you work for you see it's value. So if little Johnnies parents were paying directly for his schooling they would make little Johnnie study because it would be a waste of THEIR money for him not to...but please this same principle is what is the cancerous rot in our whole system...even you should be able to figure that out....



The kids who go to school every day and work their way to a high school diploma will appreciate their education when they're able to gain employment.  That is sort of the point here.  It's amazing that this need be explained to an adult who is seemingly able to waddle to a computer and navigate to this website.

The correlation between standard of living and educational attainment is well established.  It is simply amazing that you're 1) a senior citizen, 2) you subscribe to high school brand of libertarianism, 3) you're complaining about having to pay for an education system, and 4) you're referring to someone else as "stupid to a fault".  

That deserves repeating.  You're a racist, homophobic, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theorist, who is seemingly a grown adult but yet subscribes to a teenage version of libertarianism, and you're throwing out phrases like "stupid to a fault".   Oh, and you're doing all of that within a thread that you created in which you blame Obama for our infrastructure woes.  When it was pointed out to you that Obama and other democrats have repeatedly submitted deficit neutral infrastructure bills only to have them blocked by republicans, your response to that was to throw your hands up, claim that you hate both parties equally, and then make rambling generalizations about government and the education system....while referring to others as "stupid to a fault".

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply plead ignorance and concede that you don't actually have a clue as to what you're talking about with respect to our infrastructure and the legislative history that relates to it?  Because you are in fact ignorant in that regard (and many others).


_________________
I approve this message.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well that's just something "progressives" don't understand because they are down right stupid to a fault. If you get something for free you have no real financial motive to appreciate it. If you pay for it and it is something you work for you see it's value. So if little Johnnies parents were paying directly for his schooling they would make little Johnnie study because it would be a waste of THEIR money for him not to...but please this same principle is what is the cancerous rot in our whole system...even you should be able to figure that out....



The kids who go to school every day and work their way to a high school diploma will appreciate their education when they're able to gain employment.  That is sort of the point here.  It's amazing that this need be explained to an adult who is seemingly able to waddle to a computer and navigate to this website.

The correlation between standard of living and educational attainment is well established.  It is simply amazing that you're 1) a senior citizen, 2) you subscribe to high school brand of libertarianism, 3) you're complaining about having to pay for an education system, and 4) you're referring to someone else as "stupid to a fault".  

That deserves repeating.  You're a racist, homophobic, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theorist, who is seemingly a grown adult but yet subscribes to a teenage version of libertarianism, and you're throwing out phrases like "stupid to a fault".   Oh, and you're doing all of that within a thread that you created in which you blame Obama for our infrastructure woes.  When it was pointed out to you that Obama and other democrats have repeatedly submitted deficit neutral infrastructure bills only to have them blocked by republicans, your response to that was to throw your hands up, claim that you hate both parties equally, and then make rambling generalizations about government and the education system....while referring to others as "stupid to a fault".

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply plead ignorance and concede that you don't actually have a clue as to what you're talking about with respect to our infrastructure and the legislative history that relates to it?  Because you are in fact ignorant in that regard (and many others).

Thanks, you made my day...I pissed off a progressive idiot....Now I can go mow the yard with a *****CREEPY GRIN***** on my face....  Now who's the fool mr Boards?  I can't even post S M I L E on your childishly mangled forum.

boards of FL

boards of FL

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
boards of FL wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Well that's just something "progressives" don't understand because they are down right stupid to a fault. If you get something for free you have no real financial motive to appreciate it. If you pay for it and it is something you work for you see it's value. So if little Johnnies parents were paying directly for his schooling they would make little Johnnie study because it would be a waste of THEIR money for him not to...but please this same principle is what is the cancerous rot in our whole system...even you should be able to figure that out....



The kids who go to school every day and work their way to a high school diploma will appreciate their education when they're able to gain employment.  That is sort of the point here.  It's amazing that this need be explained to an adult who is seemingly able to waddle to a computer and navigate to this website.

The correlation between standard of living and educational attainment is well established.  It is simply amazing that you're 1) a senior citizen, 2) you subscribe to high school brand of libertarianism, 3) you're complaining about having to pay for an education system, and 4) you're referring to someone else as "stupid to a fault".  

That deserves repeating.  You're a racist, homophobic, anti-vaccine, conspiracy theorist, who is seemingly a grown adult but yet subscribes to a teenage version of libertarianism, and you're throwing out phrases like "stupid to a fault".   Oh, and you're doing all of that within a thread that you created in which you blame Obama for our infrastructure woes.  When it was pointed out to you that Obama and other democrats have repeatedly submitted deficit neutral infrastructure bills only to have them blocked by republicans, your response to that was to throw your hands up, claim that you hate both parties equally, and then make rambling generalizations about government and the education system....while referring to others as "stupid to a fault".

Wouldn't it have been easier to simply plead ignorance and concede that you don't actually have a clue as to what you're talking about with respect to our infrastructure and the legislative history that relates to it?  Because you are in fact ignorant in that regard (and many others).

Thanks, you made my day...I pissed off a progressive idiot....Now I can go mow the yard with a *****CREEPY GRIN***** on my face....  Now who's the fool mr Boards?  I can't even post S M I L E on your childishly mangled forum.



I'm not even remotely pissed.  "Agape in awe of stupidity" is more accurate.  I'm amazed every day at how our republican forum members can have their ideas completely obliterated; and rather than simply concede - or worse, learn something and evolve their worldview - they consistently double down on stupid.

This thread is a perfect example.

Republican:  Obama killed our infastructure thing!

Someone else:  (Insert various bills aimed at specifically addressing infastructure)

Republican:  Well....well.... government kills everything it touches!  I shouldn't have to pay for the education system!  And if republicans killed those bills that I have never heard of until just now...well....well....I guess that means the must have been bad then!  Oh!  And I hate both parties equally! (runs off to create yet another idiotic bill on our infrastructure - thus doubling down on stupid)


I'm sure you don't realize it, TEO, but you are that guy. Actually, you're worse. You often triple down on stupid (See your three LPR threads in the same day.)


_________________
I approve this message.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

You need that remedial reading you are always recommending to everyone else...read the title..where do I blame Obama for our crumbling infrastructure?..
I simply asked him to find the money to fix it when he gets time off from his million dollar vacations...

*****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN*****

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

TEOTWAWKI wrote:You need that remedial reading you are always recommending to everyone else...read the title..where do I blame Obama for our crumbling infrastructure?..
I simply asked him to find the money to fix it when he gets time off from his million dollar vacations...

*****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN*****

Obama found the money and the Republicans killed all the bills. Obama has already done what you are asking him to do. The ball is in the R's court, has been several times over and every time Infrastructure funding comes up they kill it. That's something to have a creepy grin about?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You need that remedial reading you are always recommending to everyone else...read the title..where do I blame Obama for our crumbling infrastructure?..
I simply asked him to find the money to fix it when he gets time off from his million dollar vacations...

*****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN*****

Obama found the money and the Republicans killed all the bills. Obama has already done what you are asking him to do. The ball is in the R's court, has been several times over and every time Infrastructure funding comes up they kill it. That's something to have a creepy grin about?
Baby Boards has set up the forum so if you post the word s m i l e it produces *****CREEPY GRIN*****...

Guest


Guest

Face it, there will need to be another major bridge collapse with many deaths before anything constructive will come from the venerated US Congress on infrastructure.

Guest


Guest

A bloated centralized government that needs to be trimmed extensively.

*****NULL FACE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9IfHDi-2EA

Neutral

Markle

Markle

othershoe1030 wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:You need that remedial reading you are always recommending to everyone else...read the title..where do I blame Obama for our crumbling infrastructure?..
I simply asked him to find the money to fix it when he gets time off from his million dollar vacations...

*****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN***** *****CREEPY GRIN*****

Obama found the money and the Republicans killed all the bills. Obama has already done what you are asking him to do. The ball is in the R's court, has been several times over and every time Infrastructure funding comes up they kill it. That's something to have a creepy grin about?

We've gone from $10 TRILLION in debt to $18+ TRILLION in debt just during the 6 1/2 years semi-retired President Obama has been in office.

And you say President Obama "FOUND THE MONEY"? Was it filling up the Lincoln Bedroom?

Sponsored content



Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum