Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

F-35

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1F-35 Empty F-35 on 7/20/2015, 6:43 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.theatlantic.com/video/index/384088/the-pentagons-15-trillion-mistake/?utm_source=SFFB

2F-35 Empty Re: F-35 on 7/20/2015, 10:33 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
You mean we still got to pay for it ?

3F-35 Empty Re: F-35 on 7/20/2015, 12:19 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM
I follow Aviation Week magazine and various defense publications. I have followed a lot about the F-35. You learn more by reading the comments below the articles than from the article themselves.

The commenters are generally military, pilots, and aircraft maintainers. On the whole, the end users say the F-35 is dud. It only has a top speed of Mach 1.3. It's design makes it less maneuverable in air combat that the F-16 it will replace. In order to maintain its stealthy appearance on radar, it must carry internal weapons, which makes for a very small weapons-payload.

On the other hand, it has a very advanced Active Electronically Scanned Array (AESA) radar, and very advanced sensors. Part of this aircraft's problems have centered on making everything work properly, and this is where the cost over-runs have occurred.

I know the Marines love the F-35B, which has vertical landing capability, like the AV-8B Harrier II. The British are building a new aircraft carrier that will only be able to fly F-35Bs, since it is not being built with arresting gear, and the bow of the ship has a ski-jump for launching F-35Bs.

But, the F-35 ls a MIC boondoggle and likely should have been killed about 5 years ago. Way over original projected costs and way behind in projected performance and schedule

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum