Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Coal Industry Under Pressure

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Coal Industry Under Pressure Empty Coal Industry Under Pressure on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:36 pm

knothead

knothead
http://www.wsj.com/articles/coal-miners-pressed-on-cleanup-costs-1437151107

State and federal regulators are pressing U.S. coal companies to prove that they can pay for the cost of cleaning up after they are finished mining, putting new financial pressure on an industry already facing historic strains.

Regulators even in energy-friendly states such as Wyoming and West Virginia are stepping up oversight on coal companies amid concerns that taxpayers could be left on the hook for expensive and environmentally complicated cleanups if the companies go bankrupt. That has created a political challenge for governors of coal states, who don’t want to be viewed as pushing vital industries into further financial trouble.

An inevitable collapse of the coal industry . . . . . bit by bit, free market system functioning as designed . . . .

2Coal Industry Under Pressure Empty Re: Coal Industry Under Pressure on Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Oh well I am old and rolling power outages won't bother me near as much, I don't play video games......

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum