Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 Empty Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 on 7/11/2015, 7:10 am

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

http://www.msnbc.com/rachel-maddow-show/gop-governor-flubs-civics-101-test?cid=sm_fb_maddow

I already know the comments to come but, even if a myth, there is a flaw in Rachel Maddow's reasoning:

"Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled last week that a state-sponsored Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds violates the state Constitution. It wasn’t a close call – the justices ruled 7-2 that the six-foot-high, stone Christian display is at odds with the law that requires state government to be neutral on matters of religion."

Rachel, the Ten Commandments were give to Moses (a Jew) by God.  So based on "origins" no, dear, it's not a Christian display.

But that's splitting hairs.  

Again, it's not the content of the statue - it's just continued hate for Christians.

2seaoat

Again, it's not the content of the statue - it's just continued hate for Christians.

Maybe, I do get attacked on this forum for my Christian beliefs, but most Christians understand that what is Caesar's is separate from what is God's, and Jesus warned us of the Hypocrites in Matthew 6.......so I agree that it is not the contents of the statue, but the very fact some hypocrites put it on public
 property.  The court was correct under secular law, and I personally have NO use for anybody who thinks creating a theocracy is what Jesus taught in the gospels.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger
SheWrites wrote:I already know the comments to come but, even if a myth, there is a flaw in Rachel Maddow's reasoning:

"Oklahoma Supreme Court ruled last week that a state-sponsored Ten Commandments monument on the Capitol grounds violates the state Constitution. It wasn’t a close call – the justices ruled 7-2 that the six-foot-high, stone Christian display is at odds with the law that requires state government to be neutral on matters of religion."

Rachel, the Ten Commandments were give to Moses (a Jew) by God.  So based on "origins" no, dear, it's not a Christian display.

Placing a religious icon on government property is an aggressive, overt, anti-American act.  And maybe if you Christians didn't insist on blowing up abortion clinics, putting religious displays on public property, changing science to reflect your religious beliefs, etc., you wouldn't generate so much hate.  Give it some thought ...

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:I already know the comments to come but, even if a myth, there is a flaw in Rachel Maddow's reasoning:

Placing a religious icon on government property is an aggressive, overt, anti-American act.  And maybe if you Christians didn't insist on blowing up abortion clinics, putting religious displays on public property, changing science to reflect your religious beliefs, etc., you wouldn't generate so much hate.  Give it some thought ...

Generate hate? I see plenty of that in you. I would rather live in a Christian community than anywhere near people so full of rage as yourself. You are dangerously unbalanced. You condemning Christians for their oft admitted faults reflects more on your own bitterness, seething hate and lack of tolerance.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
I don't hate Christians. I am a Christian. A wide variety of people in this country call themselves "Christian", when in fact, they are anything but. Good examples: the Westboro Baptist Church, the "Rev." Hagee, Jerry Falwell, Jr. (carrying on the racist tradition of his father), and Franklin Graham, who doesn't seem to understand his father's message.

2seaoat wrote:Again, it's not the content of the statue - it's just continued hate for Christians.

Maybe, I do get attacked on this forum for my Christian beliefs, but most Christians understand that what is Caesar's is separate from what is God's, and Jesus warned us of the Hypocrites in Matthew 6.......so I agree that it is not the contents of the statue, but the very fact some hypocrites put it on public
 property.  The court was correct under secular law, and I personally have NO use for anybody who thinks creating a theocracy is what Jesus taught in the gospels.

A theocracy is not wanted. We have a great system of freedom in the USA.

Again, the "monument" of the Ten Commandments is not the issue for Rachel Maddow...it's the fact that she associates the monument with Christians and she appears, as most on this forum do, to hate Christians. Like I said, her association with the Ten Commandments as Christian really shows her lack of knowledge.

I know exactly that Jesus did not intend to form a government.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan wrote:I don't hate Christians.  I am a Christian.  A wide variety of people in this country call themselves "Christian", when in fact, they are anything but.  Good examples:  the Westboro Baptist Church, the "Rev." Hagee, Jerry Falwell, Jr. (carrying on the racist tradition of his father), and Franklin Graham, who doesn't seem to understand his father's message.

Well since you are a real Christian you know you must love your weaker brothers and should privately admonish them to forsake their sins. Remove the beam from your own eye then you may see clearly to remove the mote from your brothers eye.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I never claimed perfection, Teo. No human is perfect. Forgiveness is one of my biggest obstacles to happiness, but at least I know it. I also know that carrying around a load of resentment is crippling...so I say, "forgive them, for they know not what they do." I also never forget.

10Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 Empty Re: Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 on 7/11/2015, 11:23 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI
Floridatexan wrote:
I never claimed perfection, Teo.  No human is perfect.  Forgiveness is one of my biggest obstacles to happiness, but at least I know it.  I also know that carrying around a load of resentment is crippling...so I say, "forgive them, for they know not what they do."  I also never forget.

That's better than most.  I figure not forgiving and forgetting  is a sack of bricks I got to carry around on my own back so I do my best to do it.  It's hard to find the good in some people fer sure.

11Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 Empty Re: Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 on 7/11/2015, 10:48 pm

Wordslinger

Wordslinger
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Generate hate? I see plenty of that in you. I would rather live in a Christian community than anywhere near people so full of rage as yourself.  You are dangerously unbalanced.  You condemning Christians for their oft admitted faults reflects more on your own bitterness, seething hate and lack of tolerance.

You're right Teo -- I really do hate it when a Christian tries to force his or her life rules on the rest of us, or blows up an abortion clinic, or tries to get Creationism taught as a genuine science in a public school, or forces schools to deliver sanctioned prayers. I admit it, I really do hate fundamentalist, whacko Christians. If the shoe fits ...

12Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 Empty Re: Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 on 7/11/2015, 11:12 pm

Wordslinger wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Generate hate? I see plenty of that in you. I would rather live in a Christian community than anywhere near people so full of rage as yourself.  You are dangerously unbalanced.  You condemning Christians for their oft admitted faults reflects more on your own bitterness, seething hate and lack of tolerance.

You're right Teo -- I really do hate it when a Christian tries to force his or her life rules on the rest of us, or blows up an abortion clinic, or tries to get Creationism taught as a genuine science in a public school, or forces schools to deliver sanctioned prayers.  I admit it, I really do hate fundamentalist, whacko Christians.  If the shoe fits ...

Oklahoma Governor flubs Civics 101 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRjFpmkZKjEhZoL1SvJP4y6xRVLEqYr1l8YaU6bPvOgNmBr2eCu8Q

Or attempts to not admit the miracle that happened when the Big Bang occurred, or shooting a prayer group in a Kentucky high school, or shooting people in a Colorado theatre... Oh wait!!!!! Those were progressive atheist's weren't they?

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SLnlF-tVDA4

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum