Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago

+3
Sal
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/06/us/chicago-violent-weekend/

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

If only Chicago had tougher gun laws and was more progressive.

2seaoat

Gang violence......nothing more or less.  Prohibition has never worked in Chicago where organized crime and gangs fill the void where government foolishly tries to interfere with the freedom of people to recreate and ingest what they choose.  However, this progressive Chicago makes a cancer patient get fingerprinted to get medicine called medical pot because of a idiotic war on drugs and folks think the violence is about guns, or politics.  It is about the huge profits which can be made meeting the demand which those who come up with harebrained plans of prohibition always fail to understand who will fill the void.  It is the same in the 1920s or in 2015......solve the problem not with politics or discussions of guns, but by simple decriminalizing drugs.  done.

Sal

Sal

Yay!

Poor people shooting each other over turf wars!

This means guns are good and racism is dead ....

.... or something.

If you just pull four cities out of the statistical mix (chicago, detroit, dc, no) the us is one of the least violent countries.

There are concentrations of violence and violent crime demographics that are easily identifiable if not for pc.

But of course... the progressive govt solutionists wish to dictate edicts and strip rights for the entire population.

nadalfan

PkrBum wrote:If you just pull four cities out of the statistical mix (chicago, detroit, dc, no) the us is one of the least violent countries.

There are concentrations of violence and violent crime demographics that are easily identifiable if not for pc.

But of course... the progressive govt solutionists wish to dictate edicts and strip rights for the entire population.

so your non-progressive solutions are....

http://www.poverties.org/poverty-and-crime.html

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Maybe it isn't poverty in the real sense, maybe it's laziness and a desire to get rich quick. Better to reign in hell than serve in heaven...Maybe most young gang-bangers are not too hot on traditional American dreams. Maybe their dreams are more in line with the devil. Hedonism requires a lot of money...live fast, "love" hard, die young....Perhaps Hollywood has sold them on a whole new lifestyle. I mean the abortion rates seem to say family isn't in the picture for most youngins now days.

I can agree to some degree w seagoat regarding prohibition... but rooting out the gangs takes a concerted effort. They are extremely powerful and extract great sums of money from those least able to afford it. If you really want to reduce violent crime then put your militarized police where the crime is and don't cry over the tactics necessary... hell go door to door in you must. The majority of the deaths then will certainly be the gang members. Crime is instability... and instability has a harsh effect on economic opportunity. Why build a business or create opportunity when it will be pillaged? It's a self-perpetuating cycle of poverty. Before you bemoan opportunities in these areas... look to root causes... starting with education. Why are the dropout rates so high? That one component is closely tied w both poverty and crime... and is a readily available service. Family is another major factor... the lack of presence or support from a father is again instability and an outcome driver. I see a resistance to examine these factors because of a contrived political correctness and a skewed media/societal glorification... being honest, objective, and direct does not imply bias. Bad ideas fail... certainly... inevitability. Humans used to be very good at figuring that out and learning successful alternatives.

polecat

polecat

Sorry, we have a religious objection to your marriage and cannot issue you a license. Can we interest you in a gun? - LOLGOP

Sal

Sal

Ahhh ...

... our random glibertarian internet guy advocates the forfeiture of all civil liberties to a militarized police force for all who have the misfortune of living in areas plagued by crime, and simultaneously in another thread bemoans a fantastical connection between progressives, bigotry and racism.

As fine an example of glibertarian intellectualism as you'll find.

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:If only Chicago had tougher gun laws and was more progressive.  

They wouldn't be broke either!

Sal wrote:Ahhh ...

... our random glibertarian internet guy advocates the forfeiture of all civil liberties to a militarized police force for all who have the misfortune of living in areas plagued by crime, and simultaneously in another thread bemoans a fantastical connection between progressives, bigotry and racism.

I'm not proposing that solution... but it would be a solution. I'd cut off all assistance including police. The refugees that are truly in need of assistance can seek help and refuge. The criminals and freeloaders can enjoy their utopia.

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

I'm not proposing that solution... but it would be a solution. I'd cut off all assistance including police. The refugees that are truly in need of assistance can seek help and refuge. The criminals and freeloaders can enjoy their utopia.

Ahhh ...

... you just wrote that, you didn't propose it ...

... instead, you propose cutting off all assistance including law enforcement to areas plagued by poverty, making the innocent victims refugees from their own neighborhoods, and ceding those areas to zones of lawlessness.

What could go wrong?

We are clearly seeing a truly great libertarian mind at work here.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Ahhh ...

... you just wrote that, you didn't propose it ...

... instead you propose cutting off all assistance including law enforcement to areas plagued by poverty, making the innocent victims refugees from their own neighborhoods, and ceding those areas to zones of lawlessness.

What could go wrong?

We are clearly seeing a truly great libertarian mind at work here.

This is from my response to a solution " If you really want to reduce violent crime"... the counter argument to govt solutions placing restrictions and prohibitions on innocent law abiding citizens. Difficult to follow I'm sure... but it makes practical sense.

As for the lawless zone... that's pretty much what we have now... plenty goes wrong. Look at what's happening in baltimore now that the police have pulled back. The problem has causes... do you want to fix them or not? Cmon step up.

http://mobile.nytimes.com/2015/06/13/us/after-freddie-gray-death-west-baltimores-police-presence-drops-and-murders-soar.html

Last edited by PkrBum on 7/6/2015, 4:28 pm; edited 1 time in total

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:

This is from my response to a solution " If you really want to reduce violent crime"... the counter argument to govt solutions placing restrictions and prohibitions on innocent law abiding citizens. Difficult to follow I'm sure... but it makes practical sense.

Like all glibertarian proposals, they sound good to dunderheads until the practical implications are illustrated.

As for the lawless zone... that's pretty much what we have now... plenty goes wrong. Look at what's happening in baltimore now that the police have pulled back. The problem has causes... do you want to fix them or not? Cmon step up.

End the War on Drugs.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

Like all glibertarian proposals, they sound good to dunderheads until the practical implications are illustrated.

End the War on Drugs.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Lol... what a rube. Did the mobsters disappear and all was in harmony after prohibition?

2seaoat

The violence fell off the shelf after prohibition.  However,  I must agree with Markle on one thing.......Public Unions in Chicago have created unfunded pensions which are approaching 20 billion dollars.  Rahm who is a Democrat, barely was able to get reelected because he closed about eighty schools which were underutilized, and the Unions in mass turned on him.f

Since I first got a job at Borg Warner in the Mid seventies and lived in Illinois, the public unions kept getting bigger and bigger contracts.  My biggest bitch has been police and fire.  Since the Bocca codes, smoke detectors, and sprinkling fire deaths have fallen.  However, if you try to close a neighborhood fire station, like the schools, the unions complain.  Fire and police in Chicago could be cut in half, and the murder rate, and fire deaths would hardly budge.  As a nation we need to address the failed fire systems.   As a nation we need to address the massive expansion of the criminal justice system and criminalization of individual use of drugs.  I remain a strong Republican on State and local issues because no sane person would support these public unions, but no sane person can support the national Republican party which is a shill for the Oligarchy.   What we need is the middle road.  Reductions in government employment, and common sense policy at the national level which expands the private sector while shrinking  public employee.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

So The "progressive" seaoat want's to return to the 50s....good idea...

2SEAOAT said, "It would be great if every child could have an assistant, which allowed inclusion because these children do have significantly better chances as an adult being included with the general student population. But when teachers are dealing with so many students with special needs the sad truth is that the majority of students are suffering from inclusion as disruptions and finite teacher time cause the hours of instruction for the remainder of students to drop. In the last 40 years teaching has become very challenging as basic reading and math skills continue to slip and a noble experiment further damages our education system. I do not have any answers, but do have a conclusion. What we did in the 50s worked. What we are doing today is becoming increasingly less effective, and inclusion unfortunately is part of the problem."

http://archive.pnj.com/article/20120429/NEWS01/304290018/Community-Conversation-Changing-special-education

2seaoat

The teacher unions and incompetent administrations which change curriculum like their underwear is causing a free fall where the teacher in the classroom was the pillar of education only to have the same micro managed politically from the unions and incompetent administrations.  It all adds up.  In 1950 I read Dick and Jane primer.  My wife talked about every four years a new paradigm and curriculum which was confusing for the students as some consultant would come in and convince the teachers that this is the new best thing.....the teachers rolled their eyes and complained for four years until the next best thing and consultant came in with curriculum changes.   It is all profits and politics as book publishing and politics have destroyed our schools.   Small steps.  There are solutions, but in Chicago it starts with standing up to the unions and pensions.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

and children get so distracted....

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

As ususal the Chicago violence wanders off track......by Sal and Seaoat.

Did this sweet little boy deserve to be shot and killed?

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago 83142610

2seaoat

End the war on drugs........

Markle

Markle

TEOTWAWKI wrote:So The "progressive" seaoat want's to return to the 50s....good idea...

2SEAOAT said, "It would be great if every child could have an assistant, which allowed inclusion because these children do have significantly better chances as an adult being included with the general student population. But when teachers are dealing with so many students with special needs the sad truth is that the majority of students are suffering from inclusion as disruptions and finite teacher time cause the hours of instruction for the remainder of students to drop. In the last 40 years teaching has become very challenging as basic reading and math skills continue to slip and a noble experiment further damages our education system. I do not have any answers, but do have a conclusion. What we did in the 50s worked. What we are doing today is becoming increasingly less effective, and inclusion unfortunately is part of the problem."

What we did in the 50's was that single people were not encouraged to have children. In fact, it was strongly discouraged. People were encouraged to marry, not discouraged. Families disciplined their children as did the schools. If you misbehaved in school, it was not tolerated.

Family units were much stronger, especially among minorities than today.

Again, PROGRESSIVES plans and methods fail miserably and all they have to say about their failure is WE JUST NEED MORE MONEY.

http://archive.pnj.com/article/20120429/NEWS01/304290018/Community-Conversation-Changing-special-education

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:End the war on drugs........

Right, just give folks all and any drug their little heart desires and the world will be a happy place. DON'T require anything of them, no personal responsibility whatsoever.

2seaoat wrote:The violence fell off the shelf after prohibition.  However,  I must agree with Markle on one thing.......Public Unions in Chicago have created unfunded pensions which are approaching 20 billion dollars.  Rahm who is a Democrat, barely was able to get reelected because he closed about eighty schools which were underutilized, and the Unions in mass turned on him.f

Since I first got a job at Borg Warner in the Mid seventies and lived in Illinois, the public unions kept getting bigger and bigger contracts.  My biggest bitch has been police and fire.  Since the Bocca codes, smoke detectors, and sprinkling fire deaths have fallen.  However, if you try to close a neighborhood fire station, like the schools, the unions complain.  Fire and police in Chicago could be cut in half, and the murder rate, and fire deaths would hardly budge.  As a nation we need to address the failed fire systems.   As a nation we need to address the massive expansion of the criminal justice system and criminalization of individual use of drugs.  I remain a strong Republican on State and local issues because no sane person would support these public unions, but no sane person can support the national Republican party which is a shill for the Oligarchy.   What we need is the middle road.  Reductions in government employment, and common sense policy at the national level which expands the private sector while shrinking  public employee.

Another Lovely Holiday Weekend in Chicago Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSotlIy7-N5axmjXS-Zq9qM-zl_C5wNJ_wjfZ7r9MP2WidoY_w4vQ

And of course electing Hillary as president would not be the same as having a progressive Democratic Oligarchy..... After all it's just not the same.

*****FART*****
IN YOUR GENERAL DIRECTION

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum