Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lumon May did say "I was out of line!"

+7
Markle
no stress
2seaoat
Sal
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
Vikingwoman
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

PkrBum wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
2seaoat wrote:The verbal lynching of Mr. Mays required a frank discussion.....so do not worry, my cancer is not the cause of the insanity of challenging a racial lynch mob, or a government which increasingly is taking our rights away that so many sacrificed.    It was a bad stop and the lynch mob was wrong.

1.  If one is white and they speak against one who is black - they are deemed racist by Oatie's law and order.

2. Lynch mob?  Honestly, you really go over the top and would have been quite the showman in the courtroom -Atticus Finch or just merely Johnny Cochran?

3.  Clear and simple, whether she typed it in wrong or not, there was an issue with the tag - to the officer.  She, even though I was unaware of this procedure, is at liberty to check license tags on a vehicle.

4.  She never raised her voice and treated Mr. May with respect.

5.  He on the other hand acted like a spoiled child.  Public servant who did not set an example.  One who had no respect for a fellow servant of the community.

You jumped on the wrong bandwagon for your "I lived in Birmingham I know all about racism" rant.

Just give it up this time, Oatie, and admit Lumon May was OUT OF LINE.  Saying so will not make you racist.  

Perhaps Mr. May wanted to be on CNN. Unfortunately, he only attracted the attention of one bystander.

As far as Seaoat, perhaps he is trying to teach a lesson. A lesson regarding racism!

My grandfather would say seagoat was trying to teach a lesson he'll never forget.

Lumon May did say "I was out of line!" - Page 4 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSzEvX0zPU-idSp3UCdFTt9HJtUHD0LVZzRvzPnHF3hVXMhUtze

*****HeeHeeHee*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z2Tqzo-Kz8s

Smile

2seaoat

He on the other hand acted like a spoiled child.

He acted appropriately when the officer was unable to articulate a violation of the law.  He clearly stated that he would turn his DL over to a supervisor.  We do not need more polite citizens giving up fundamental rights under our constitution, we need patriots.

Our founding fathers risked everything and could have been hung for treason, and the loyalist were very clear that the rabble were impolite. The dog whistle was blown and the racism started right with the title of the other thread......the wink....the smile.....the understanding in polite society that the uppity black man talking down to a white woman is simply unacceptable......she screwed up and was in the wrong, yet an innocent man has been dragged through the mud.  Funny when the citations were listed....actually too funny.....I could not have proved my point better.   Atticus Finch was patient and took small steps, but clearly these threads show that patience may not be enough.

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:He on the other hand acted like a spoiled child.

He acted appropriately when the officer was unable to articulate a violation of the law.  He clearly stated that he would turn his DL over to a supervisor.  We do not need more polite citizens giving up fundamental rights under our constitution, we need patriots.

Our founding fathers risked everything and could have been hung for treason, and the loyalist were very clear that the rabble were impolite. The dog whistle was blown and the racism started right with the title of the other thread......the wink....the smile.....the understanding in polite society that the uppity black man talking down to a white woman is simply unacceptable......she screwed up and was in the wrong, yet an innocent man has been dragged through the mud.  Funny when the citations were listed....actually too funny.....I could not have proved my point better.   Atticus Finch was patient and took small steps, but clearly these threads show that patience may not be enough.

All complete nonsense . . . . . . May is an a**hole and had you or I acted similarly we would have been cited at the least and/or detained otherwise.

Vikingwoman

People like Seaoat do a real disservice to the the racial issues in this country and... yes, we have plenty of them. When you start w/ the race card for every instance that involves a black person you invalidate the true injustices and create an atmosphere that hinders racial equality rather than helps it.

2seaoat

All complete nonsense . . . . . . May is an a**hole and had you or I acted similarly we would have been cited at the least and/or detained otherwise.

No, actually not.  I have told the story where an officer stopped me in a profile stop where he did not know the wife had her head laying on the front arm rest and the kids were sleeping in the back returning from Disneyworld.  It was 1:30 AM, the bars closed at 1 am and what appeared to be a single male with a baseball hat was driving through town.

I told him that I would not sign the citation and he needed to take me to jail.  I told him exactly what he did, that it was a profile stop looking for DUIs.  He admitted he was tired and bored and made the stop.....but insisted that I was going a few miles over the speed limit.  I was not and my wife verified the same as I alerted her when he began following.  I was very polite with the officer until he answered my question that I had been speeding three hundred yards back.....nope, wife and I saw me go through the entire town below the speed limit and she verified the last three minutes of the same after I alerted her.

He finally said I was being stupid, like people have done here, but the case was thrown out of court and the officer was put on notice  by the judge as he had just won an award for the most DUI stops in the County.....a real money maker, but entirely wrong.  (my wife lost her cousin to a drunk driver, and this failed system of collecting money after the fact has not stopped drunk drivers.....drunk driver's should not be able to start their car).

So how do you expect to stop an officer from throwing out the constitution and folks losing their constitutional rights.   Do we go to Pensacola Harbor and dump the tea out, or do we stand up for our rights every time the government abuses the same.  You can characterize him as an asz, you can characterize him as nitpicking, but I characterize him as a patriot.   Look at his driver's record and see what he has been getting stopped for.........and I will be happy to have a conversation why that proves what he said was completely true.

Last edited by 2seaoat on 7/4/2015, 3:51 pm; edited 1 time in total

2seaoat

People like Seaoat do a real disservice to the the racial issues in this country and... yes, we have plenty of them. When you start w/ the race card for every instance that involves a black person you invalidate the true injustices and create an atmosphere that hinders racial equality rather than helps it.

I did not title and start the racist thread.  I responded correctly on my very first post.  I understand you have difficulty with concepts, but I did not start that thread saying a poor black man was abused because he was black, nor did I in any of my post suggest that it was his race which caused the stop......try to get your arms around that concept, rather I reacted to the racist thread, and the people who suggested that race was involved......the dog whistle reverse racism argument so perfected on this and the PNJ site.   Take a deep breath.....intelligence is quantifiable and if you have difficulty with concepts, try not to leap to conclusion which your own arguments do not support.

Vikingwoman

You can keep on w/ that tired old concept insults but the truth is your concepts are sorely lacking . You so much made this a racial issue with the people who didn't condone his behavior to the point you made yourself look like a ridiculous fool zeroing in on the officer's behavior which was quite professional by anybody's standards. No one w/ any sense thinks May's behavior was appropriate except you. If that's what your selling as being a patriot, you're not a smart man. At all.

no stress

no stress

Funny thing about seaoat is that the only racist issues that he has centers around his delusions of whites abusing blacks. His concern with their race ends abrubtly there. He never bemoans black on black crime or any other race when they commit a crime against blacks...only whites stay in his radar so I have to agree with others on here that he has some deep seated emotional issues from his childhood that have fucked him up most rikki tik. I also have noticed that his crying wolf..ahem racist does undermine serious race issues

2seaoat

Calling out the dog whistle is neither insane or wrong.  Racism cuts both ways.  I was the only white player on an all black basketball team and understand it coming toward me......however, last time I checked it was not black and Hispanic people who are the oligarchy, it is not black people who have historically tried to deny the ballot box to white people, and it is not black people whose families can contribute to this country for two hundred years, yet  the son of a Polish citizen who turns 16 and drives immediately melds into America.....no I fight prejudice, fear, and hate......and have done the same since I was an Eagle Scout at 15.....I follow the tenets of Christianity, I follow the tenets of this great country, and I apologize to none for speaking the truth.  It is not hard to find what I speak......it walked in and killed innocent people in a place of worship simply because of the color of their skin.....and it is I who is incorrect.  The hate, prejudice, and fear of Birmingham Alabama in the late fifties and sixties was tangible.......it has hidden behind the dog whistle, and you think I am crazy because you assume there is no sound.....you are free to remain deaf, and I certainly cannot make you hear, nor do I care to assume that responsibility.  The truth speaks for itself and deaf ears have avoided the same for centuries.

2seaoat

officer's behavior which was quite professional by anybody's standards

I think we can narrow down this assumption and discuss the same.    First, would it be fair to say that the citizen at all times was law abiding and following all traffic laws in the state of Florida(the tinted windows was a fishing trip gone bad when the tape picked up the conversation)

I think the fact stands this man broke NO law when he was stopped.

Second, why has there been no investigation on the officer mistake?  It was a mistake.  Either the officer, or some other culpable party.   How can we say an officer was professional if this stop was bad and there has been no explanation for the same.   Not one person here has called the paper, the police department, or written an email to Grover demanding to know why this man was wrongfully stopped.

I think the fact stands that few have any interest in the officer's unprofessional conduct by not requesting this being explained.

Third, can we agree that officer safety is a universal concern for citizens, law enforcement, and their families.  My best man lost his policeman father at the age of 10 when he walked into a robbery and was blasted by a shotgun.  I saw this family exist in poverty prior to modern pensions because of somebody without warning shooting him.   A traffic stop can be very dangerous.  Officers are trained to not escalate a traffic stop, and to secure back up if a citizen is threatening.   They are not trained to be argumentative and to throw gas on a fire.   This man asked for a supervisor who he would turn his DL over......she did not properly return to her squad after instructing him to remain in the vehicle.

In sum, clearly this officer acted unprofessionally, and maybe worse, but there has not been a proper investigation, and strangely only Mr. Mays has been singled out.   I will listen to your rebuttal on these simple three points.

2seaoat

Crickets when folks are attacking a citizen, and are unwilling to look at the officer's behavior.  I will wait for anybody who his going to fill in the other side of the equation.

Vikingwoman

First of all, she had probable cause to pull him over. One being the computer said the tag was replaced. No bad stop.

Two-she did indeed call for the supervisor timely after HE was repeatedly arguing w/ her to tell him why she pulled him over. I counted two times in the first minute she told him. He was arguing.He would not accept her reason. She told him she would not argue. She repeatedly asked for his DL-like 4 times.

Three-there was no need for an investigation of her stop. The computer gave her the info. and she relied on that.

2seaoat

Three-there was no need for an investigation of her stop. The computer gave her the info. and she relied on that.

How did the computer give this information.....a scan or her input?  Folks sure were quick to search for a history of questionable stops on the commissioner, but did she carelessly enter the information which caused a mismatch of vehicles and a reason for the stop, or did the automatic scan have bad information in the database.  It matters.

In regard to probable cause.......is there probable cause if all an officer has to do is say the computer did not show a match, and the information was intentionally entered wrong so she could go on a fishing expedition?  No, that would be unreasonable.   Why are these questions not being answered.   Why has this been swept under the rug, when initially it was implied on these threads that the commissioner had used his clout to make this disappear........where is the outrage that this could have been an intentional bad stop?  Look at since 2005 how many ticky tacky stops and citation issued to this man.....not having your driver's license when all you need to do is show proof of the same at court, and the citation is dismissed.   Do you understand that the officer who issued the same can verify a valid DL without seeing the same?  How can you say good stop when you have admitted you have no answers and you do not want answers.......you have your bad guy........you have the wonderful thread, and you have Linda's letter......how about it?

Vikingwoman

You're trying to say she stopped him because he was black and you're wrong. There is no way for her to tell if he was black or white in that truck. You're trying to make an issue where their is none. You can see where he was ticketed in his other stop for a broken tail light.

2seaoat

You're trying to say she stopped him because he was black and you're wrong. There is no way for her to tell if he was black or white in that truck.

You like to say things which conceptually set up in your mind and then pretend someone else is saying that.  I know that by implying I am saying something helps you with the answer, but I never said that.....nor was I trying to say that.  I said clearly that an officer can claim there was a mismatch on the tags, but where is the proof?  Why is nobody demanding the same?   The officer either intentionally entered the data to go fishing(I will type this slowly.....fishing does not mean that you are trying to get only one kind of fish....again the lynch mob jump in logic which is unfounded), or there was a scan.  Which was it.....and if she mistyped the license if it was not a scan.....highly likely when it was less than 20 seconds......the supervisors let this man go on his way, as she was verbally heard backtracking on the tint of his windows to allow the none match and lack of probable cause to suddenly change that I stopped him because of the tint on his windows.

So again which was it.....a bad scan, or an intentional act by the officer, or are we simply going to accept this on face value because she is a police officer?

Vikingwoman

No she wasn't backtracking. I think she saw the tint as he was passing by and then ran his tag when behind him and it came up replaced. Pretty alert if you ask me. You seem to think she couldn't do both. I don't know if she scanned the tag. Seems like she did in that amount of time. No one has confirmed she put the wrong number in. It was just assumed. She will not be investigated because it's easy to show what the computer read. You're jumping to a lot of conclusions that are invalid. What should be investigated is why the LT. said not to issue him a ticket? Not only is she questioning that but she asked him to call her. Why aren't you raving about preferential treatment?

2seaoat

I think she saw the tint as he was passing by and then ran his tag when behind him and it came up replaced.

I see...... that seems logical.  So she lied when a citizen asked her why he was stopped.   Splendid.   Can you dig her a bigger hole?  You know that there would be no reason to lie to Mr. Mays because the Supreme Court has said a stop is good if the officer has a reasonable belief that there was probable cause.  So besides not following training protocols and being dangerously argumentative, she is a liar.   When I was a kid they told me if you dig a deep enough hole you can visit China.....do you speak Mandarin?

If Lumon and the officer are settled with this, then we all can be settled with this.

Rolling Eyes

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

SheWrites wrote:If Lumon and the officer are settled with this, then we all can be settled with this.

Rolling Eyes

My guess is the Officer can't really say publicly what she'd like to say about Commissioner May and his back-handed apology ..... not if she wants to keep her job, anyway.

2seaoat

I will be perfectly happy to drop the subject when they investigate this stop.  It is horrible what has happened to this man. The racial lynch mob was disgusting, but is it not ironic why this video was released? How did this officer screw up?   It is not good enough to say there was not a match and suddenly after the fact there was a match......but Mr Mays is the bad guy?   License plates being scanned as we speak, and entered into databases which can be mined without warrants.....and this is settled?   The ACLU has been screaming about this for years, yet the national attention has been on data mining by NSA without warrants.....but this is Ok and we should drop the subject?

2seaoat

back-handed apology

We agree....how can there be an apology when he clearly told the truth that it was a bad stop?  If there was a true investigation on what she did, she probably would not keep her job.........my guess is the supervisors are asking.....why did you get a mismatch, but immediately the supervisor got a match?   No public uproar about how outrageous this stop was, but now that questions are being asked of the officer....let's drop the subject.....this has been all about a racial lynch mob from the release of the video to the comments here and the PNJ, but how about a discussion of the officer's behavior.....oh....let's change the subject.....I get it.....I am on drugs and am crazy.......crazy like a fox.

Vikingwoman

You didn't answer the question,Seaoat? Now trying to call the officer a liar? She could have very well saw the tint which caught her attention and then ran his tag which showed up replaced. That was the reason for the stop and she didn't lie. The tint not being very serious. I have two questions for you.

Why are you not raving about him not getting a ticket?

Show us where he said it was a bad stop?

EmeraldGhost

EmeraldGhost

It's just nonsense to say the Officer had no cause for the stop & did not tell him the reason for the stop.   Watch the video ... she tells him right at the beginning of her contact with him (at 2:18 to 2:23 on the video)  

Lumon May: "What's the problem?"
Officer Caitlyn Grantham: "I ran your tag and it says your license plate has been replaced by another vehicle?"

Vikingwoman

LOL! Seaoat saying it was "horrible" what happened to this man! Years ago the SRSO came and arrested my daughter saying she did not pay court costs on a ticket. It was a computer glitch. Note that Seaoat has ignored the question as to why May didn't get a ticket.

2seaoat

as to why May didn't get a ticket.

He did not get a ticket because his registration and plates were in conformance with the law.  Is this all going over your head?  You are kidding, when you say she stopped him because of the tint, yet when he asked why he was stopped, she said NOTHING about tint, until she was trying to cover her butt when the supervisors could not find a mismatch.  So please....lets have an open investigation as to why the supervisor found no mismatch, and she did.   You want her to lie and say it was about the tint....pulling stuff out of thin air....a magician.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum