Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

President Obama's Speech

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1President Obama's Speech Empty President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 8:43 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
It was sad and pathetic. Even his smooth delivery couldn't save him last night.

Democrats must have been thinking--Last night we had our beloved Clinton but tonight we're stuck with sad, pathetic Obama.

2President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 8:54 am

Nekochan wrote:It was sad and pathetic. Even his smooth delivery couldn't save him last night.

Democrats must have been thinking--Last night we had our beloved Clinton but tonight we're stuck with sad, pathetic Obama.

I was shocked. Before the speech I kept hearing he was going to talk about solutions, talk about a plan to move us forward. All I heard was a bunch of begging, pleading, and more empty promises.

As soon as Clintons speech was over the internet was a blaze with how well he did, even here on this forum. That was not the case with Obamas speech. You were the first one to commit on it and that was 9 hours later. Where is the fanfare for Obamas speech.

Last edited by alecto on 9/7/2012, 8:58 am; edited 1 time in total

3President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 8:57 am

2seaoat

I did not watch the convention or their speakers this week, but did see clips of speakers earlier this week on morning Joe. I did actually watch most of the President's speech last night. We must have been watching two different speeches. His content was good. His delivery was good, and the one observation was that the crowd was completely committed and responsive during his speech. The enthusiasm factor looking at both conventions was not even close. I thought Romney actually gave a very good speech, but that is like saying a minor league baseball player had a good game, but when talking about the President's speech you have to talk about an all star major league player......it was not even a close comparison. One person believes in something, the other conveys that he will say things he does not even believe.......it is trying to make the base happy because.......however Obama believes what he is saying, and he is inspired......and that inspiration when speaking transfers. Romney is not inspired, and he is simply so wrong for America.....that sometimes you think he agrees with me.

4President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:02 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
I was surprised too. I thought he'd be getting with his advisers and best speech writers and coming up with something grand. I know that he has the ability to deliver a speech flawlessly. But last night the content was lame and even the delivery was tired and strained.

I don't know if he's just tired or if he truly doesn't realize that he's in trouble.

5President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:03 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
2seaoat wrote:I did not watch the convention or their speakers this week, but did see clips of speakers earlier this week on morning Joe. I did actually watch most of the President's speech last night. We must have been watching two different speeches. His content was good. His delivery was good, and the one observation was that the crowd was completely committed and responsive during his speech. The enthusiasm factor looking at both conventions was not even close. I thought Romney actually gave a very good speech, but that is like saying a minor league baseball player had a good game, but when talking about the President's speech you have to talk about an all star major league player......it was not even a close comparison. One person believes in something, the other conveys that he will say things he does not even believe.......it is trying to make the base happy because.......however Obama believes what he is saying, and he is inspired......and that inspiration when speaking transfers. Romney is not inspired, and he is simply so wrong for America.....that sometimes you think he agrees with me.

We must have been watching different Obamas.
Last night, apparently Obama already knew about today's job numbers when he delivered his speech. I thought, after his speech, when the camera showed a close up of him when Michelle and his girls came up to be with him--that he looked worried. I think he knew the jobs numbers today were not going to be good and it showed on his face.

** On another note, his daughters are beautiful. They have always appeared to be pleasant and well behaved and last night was no different. From the camera shots of them sitting and waiting for their dad give his speech to their joining him on the stage...they are beautiful girls. He must be very proud of them.

Last edited by Nekochan on 9/7/2012, 9:09 am; edited 1 time in total

6President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:03 am

2seaoat

He gave America two distinct paths. If you think giving tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, then I suppose you will think that the President's speech had no detail or policy. I think revenues need to be raised, and his methodical clarity of the two paths is simple to choose. He will win and will get 300 electoral votes. It will not even be close.

7President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:04 am

what was that crap about taking the monies from the wars to pay down the debt and invest (spend) on infrastructure? i know the left (and independents) complain about the debt and borrowing that the wars have caused... how do you reallocate money you borrow to repay debt? the man has no clue... i wouldn't trust him to balance my check book.

8President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:06 am

PkrBum wrote:i wouldn't trust him to balance my check book.

He wouldn't know how anyway. Personally I wouldn't even trust him to give me the correct time of day. His whole life is a lie.

9President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:10 am

2seaoat

I would disagree. Investment in American infrastructure is exactly what is needed to increase the private sector employment. It is the difference of capital expenditures or simple on going expense. Capital investment must be encouraged to build this nation's economy, and we must cut expenses. The Roman empire crumbled as their roads and bridges crumbled. Ike built the interstates and Americas GDP grew and we flourished. The paths are clear. Giving tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans and putting a five trillion dollar hole in an already busted budget is insanity.

10President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:11 am

Sal

Sal
It was a self-effacing, workman-like speech for the first two-thirds where he laid bare the case for his reelection in stark terms. My favorite part of that portion was when he refused to lay blame for the nation's ills at the feet of immigrants, gays, minorities, or any of the other subsets that the Repukes like to demonize. The end of the speech took a sharp rhetorical turn where he replaced "you didn't build that" with "you did that" turning the focus away from himself and onto the American people. He talked about how we inspire him. It was smart, it was humble, it was sublime.

I'm sorry you didn't like it, Neko. But, not surprised.

Here's a palate cleanser for ya;

11President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:15 am

Margin Call

Margin Call
Nekochan wrote:It was sad and pathetic. Even his smooth delivery couldn't save him last night.

Biden's speech highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYogjnaIPh4&t=2m30s

12President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:17 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
2seaoat wrote:He gave America two distinct paths. If you think giving tax breaks to the wealthiest Americans, then I suppose you will think that the President's speech had no detail or policy. I think revenues need to be raised, and his methodical clarity of the two paths is simple to choose. He will win and will get 300 electoral votes. It will not even be close.

Americans want debt reduction and jobs and Obama would like to deliver but doesn't have a clue how to do it. The only solution he knows is: more government.

I think this election is not going to be about Americans voting on the issue of the rich getting tax breaks. Sure, there are some wealth envy Americans who will vote on that issue, but no Republican would ever get their vote, anyway.

I think that this election will be about: Are you better off or do you think you will be better off in a couple of years by re-electing this man. Will your children and grandchildren be better off in the future by re-electing this man.

13President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:19 am

nochain wrote:
PkrBum wrote:i wouldn't trust him to balance my check book.

He wouldn't know how anyway. Personally I wouldn't even trust him to give me the correct time of day. His whole life is a lie.

The media said that the COWH was going to put out a plan/direction that he would move the country in a second term...the headlines today however reflect that there is criticism from the left and right...Guess that record of failure really means something...

14President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:19 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
Who doesn't love Will Ferrel? lol.

15President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 9:21 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
salinsky wrote:It was a self-effacing, workman-like speech for the first two-thirds where he laid bare the case for his reelection in stark terms. My favorite part of that portion was when he refused to lay blame for the nation's ills at the feet of immigrants, gays, minorities, or any of the other subsets that the Repukes like to demonize. The end of the speech took a sharp rhetorical turn where he replaced "you didn't build that" with "you did that" turning the focus away from himself and onto the American people. He talked about how we inspire him. It was smart, it was humble, it was sublime.

Well, she was a little more spirited than the President, I'll give her that. Rolling Eyes

16President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 12:05 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
Margin Call wrote:

Biden's speech highlights:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MYogjnaIPh4&t=2m30s

That was great..."Get off the shed..."

17President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 5:59 pm

I thought it was a great speech-very moving. He has that ability to move people which is why he is so liked... even by his political enemies. I'm not a religious person but he made me tear up when he talked about Lincoln and getting down on his knees "because he had nowhere else to go". I'm sure there will be smart comments about that but I don't know how anybody can't like that man.

18President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 6:24 pm

Nekochan wrote:
salinsky wrote:It was a self-effacing, workman-like speech for the first two-thirds where he laid bare the case for his reelection in stark terms. My favorite part of that portion was when he refused to lay blame for the nation's ills at the feet of immigrants, gays, minorities, or any of the other subsets that the Repukes like to demonize. The end of the speech took a sharp rhetorical turn where he replaced "you didn't build that" with "you did that" turning the focus away from himself and onto the American people. He talked about how we inspire him. It was smart, it was humble, it was sublime.

Well, she was a little more spirited than the President, I'll give her that. Rolling Eyes

I didnt think she or him were inspiring. She seemed angry, desperate and out of control to me. And he seemed worried as he should be.

19President Obama's Speech Empty Re: President Obama's Speech on 9/7/2012, 6:28 pm

Rogue wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

I didnt think she or him were inspiring. She seemed angry, desperate and out of control to me. And he seemed worried as he should be.

I think that's wishful thinking on your part.Obama was not worried or even appeared to be. He is a great orator.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum