Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Liberals, Bush isn't running for POTUS....

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
[quote="nochain"][quote="othershoe1030"][quote="newswatcher"][quote="nochain"]
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Head Start rewards failure by giving 4 year olds a pre-K experience? What?[/color]

Probably not the best example you could have picked:

"A report published by the Department of Health and Human Services found that the $150 billion that taxpayers have “invested” in Head Start since 1965 is yielding zero lasting benefits for participating children."

How exactly do you measure a pre-K program? My granddaughter is in one now and I'm really pleased with her progress.

[quote="Floridatexan"][quote="nochain"][quote="othershoe1030"][quote="newswatcher"]
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:Head Start rewards failure by giving 4 year olds a pre-K experience? What?[/color]

"A report published by the Department of Health and Human Services found that the $150 billion that taxpayers have “invested” in Head Start since 1965 is yielding zero lasting benefits for participating children."

How exactly do you measure a pre-K program? My granddaughter is in one now and I'm really pleased with her progress.

Ask the folks who not only administer the program, but wrote the report - DHHS. Pre-K or Florida VPK are not the same type of programs as Head Start.

NaNook

NaNook
[quote="Floridatexan"][quote="nochain"][quote="othershoe1030"][quote="newswatcher"]
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

In other words, you're too lazy to educate your own granddaughter. What about her Mother? Another cradle to grave liberal.....and who pays for it?

I doubt your taxes or the taxes of your daughter cover the care of your granddaughter. Where is the personal pride in your family? My grandkids can read, write, and do simple math at the age of 5. It didn't cost taxpayers a penny....it's about family. It's about success in life.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
I'm sure we could go on for weeks with posts of dueling statistics so here's some data I found re head start.
Mainly though the charge was that liberal programs love to "reward failure".

My point with citing Head Start is that the 4 year olds are not being rewarded for any failure on their part but are being given the tools of an early childhood education that will enable them to make the most of their abilities and the education that is available to them.
This is surely a positive thing.

Economic Benefits
The preliminary results of a randomly selected longitudinal study of more than 600 Head Start graduates in San Bernardino County, California, showed that society receives nearly $9 in benefits for every $1 invested in these Head Start children. These benefits include increased earnings, employment, and family stability, and decreased welfare dependency, crime costs, grade repetition, and special education.

1 Parental involvement contributes to positive growth and upward mobility of Head Start parents.

2 As adults, those who attended a quality early childhood program are about three times as likely to be homeowners by age 27 compared to those who did not benefit from the program. 3 Home ownership is an indicator of successful adaptation to society.

http://www.nhsa.org/research/research_bites

2seaoat wrote:That's how FAR off this country has gotten...REWARD failure with another four years and PUNISH those that are successful...

What is successful about giving more tax breaks to the wealthy and piling five trillion more debt on the American middle class. What failed policies got us here. You want to double down on trickle down......and call trickle down successful. It was not, and I was the strongest supporter of the same for twenty years. There is nothing successful about a path which gives tax breaks to the wealthy and creates bigger deficits.

You finally get it,Seaoat.These people who are defending giving tax breaks to the wealthy claiming they create jobs are insane.We have proven that is a failure but some people just refuse to believe it.It took 8 years for the repugs to devastate us and we should give them another 4 years because we couldn't clean it up fast enough? Pure friggin idiocy!

newswatcher wrote:
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:
PACEDOG#1 wrote:When will you folks ever take responsibility for anything?
Absolutely correct, Bush is not running for office, it's the Guy from Wall Street. Oh great! That will fix things.
We don't need to run against Bush we've got Romney/Ryan, that'll work.

BHO is a PROVEN failure. What is your Plan B? Give BHO another term and keep your toes crossed that he isn't lying this time around? It's a crying shame this election comes down to two very poor choices particularly when one of the choices (BHO) has already shown he is not up to the task.

That's how FAR off this country has gotten...REWARD failure with another four years and PUNISH those that are successful...

You can't be that stupid? We should give you all another 4 years to do us in again? LOL!

Markle

Markle
nochain wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Well of course you're granddaughter is very special. They have compared OTHER Head Start students who started grade school out ahead, but after just a couple years, there was no discernible difference in the abilities.

We now reward women to NOT be married when they have children. We teach mothers that they don't have to bother to get up and give their child breakfast or fix a lunch to take with them to school. GOVERNMENT will do all those things. They had free day care before going to school, since government is supposed to be teaching their kids, plus they feed them and take care of them before and after school, why would a parent have anything to do with homework or watching their progress? Their child/children, are governments responsibility. That's obvious.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum