Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clinton is owning it

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 2:18 pm

Markle

Markle
DEMOCRATS BOO GOD AND JERUSALEM and EMBRACE FORMER IMPEACHED PRESIDENT BILL CLINTON ALONG WITH ALL HIS SCANDALS.

They are so proud of their character.

27Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 3:53 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
WASHINGTON (AP) — It's a fact of life in Washington that what one party considers a principled stand, the opposition considers pigheadedness. Compromise? That's the other guy's problem.
But when former President Bill Clinton took the stage at the Democratic National Convention on Wednesday, he portrayed President Barack Obama as a pragmatic compromiser who has been stymied at every turn by Republicans. There was no mention of the role that the president and the Democrats have played in grinding compromise to a halt on some of the most important issues facing the country.
That was among the lines by the former president and others Wednesday that either cherry-picked facts or mischaracterized the opposition. A look at some of them:
CLINTON: "When times are tough, constant conflict may be good politics but in the real world, cooperation works better. ...Unfortunately, the faction that now dominates the Republican Party doesn't see it that way. They think government is the enemy and compromise is weakness. One of the main reasons America should re-elect President Obama is that he is still committed to cooperation."
THE FACTS: From Clinton's speech, voters would have no idea that the inflexibility of both parties is to blame for much of the gridlock. Right from the beginning Obama brought in as his first chief of staff Rahm Emmanuel, a man known for his getting his way, not for getting along.
One of the more high-profile examples of a deal that fell apart was the outline of a proposed "grand bargain" budget agreement between Obama and House Speaker John Boehner in 2011.
The deal would have required compromise from both sides. It slashed domestic spending more than most Democrats wanted and would have raised some taxes, which most Republicans oppose.
Boehner couldn't sell the plan to tea party factions in the House or to other conservative activists. And Obama found himself accused of going too far by some Democratic leaders. The deal died before it ever even came up for a vote.
In another instance, Obama appointed a bipartisan group, known as the Simpsons-Bowles Commission, to recommend ways to fix major fiscal problems like Social Security and Medicare. The commission issued its recommendations but fell three votes short of formally endorsing them. And Obama mostly walked away from the report. He later incorporated some of the less contentious proposals from the report into legislation he supported.
But that ensured the tough compromises would not get made.
The problem with compromising in Washington is that there are few true moderates left in either party. The notion that Republicans are the only ones standing in the way of compromise is inaccurate.

Read the rest at:
http://news.yahoo.com/fact-check-clinton-claims-compromise-stretch-043255807--election.html

28Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 6:27 pm

2seaoat wrote:I did not watch the convention. I have been watching clips this morning on morning Joe. Clinton from what I have seen hit a home run. It is sad for this country when Main Street Republicans need to look at a former Democrat to find sanity.......you do not give wealthy people in this country a five trillion gift of a tax break, and then tell the American people that we will tell you how you will sacrifice to cover further stealing from the American people after the election. The sad thing that if a few brave people stood up during the rise of fascism in Germany in the 1920s, maybe the conflagaration could have been avoided........it is time for all Americans and Patriots to flush Romney back down the toilet. As a Republican, I will never vote for Obama, but Johnson is my only play.......

Johnson is a play for Obama. You're a quitter obviously. You are a kid taking your ball and going home because you didn't get your way (Newt). Run along immature one and let the adults sort this election out.

29Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:44 pm

NaNook

NaNook
Isn't there an Obama book coming out on 9/11. Remember, it is written by a Liberal Hero..........Please remember.....a Lib........

It's ugly, read the clips......but, it's a WaPo book.

30Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:46 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
All the libs that droll all over Bill make me think they'd all stand in line to give him a BJ.

31Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:50 pm

knothead

knothead
VectorMan wrote:Reacting to former president Bill Clinton’s nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday, Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said the address was “sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent” and would not help President Obama’s re-election chances.

“I think it was a giant swing and a miss,” Krauthammer said of the speech. “I don’t think it will move the needle whatsoever.

“It was engaging it was humorous, in some cases it was generous — I think there were more mentions of the Bushs than I heard in three days in Tampa,” he added. “It was also vintage Clinton in that it was sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent.”

Krauthammer went on to call Clinton’s DNC address “one of the strangest nomination speeches” even given.

“It was kind of an amalgam between the state of the union address, a policy wonk seminar and what sounded to me like a campaign speech for a third Clinton term — Obama was sort of incidental, he would be shoved in every once in a while,” he said.

“It is true that he made a lot of detailed rebuttals, that he is sort of the rebuttler-in-chief…but Paul Ryan can handle all of that in 10 minutes in his debate,” he concluded.

Mainstream America could give a rat's behind what Krauthammer thinks or said, it's irrelevant.

32Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:55 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
knothead wrote:
VectorMan wrote:Reacting to former president Bill Clinton’s nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday, Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said the address was “sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent” and would not help President Obama’s re-election chances.

“I think it was a giant swing and a miss,” Krauthammer said of the speech. “I don’t think it will move the needle whatsoever.

“It was engaging it was humorous, in some cases it was generous — I think there were more mentions of the Bushs than I heard in three days in Tampa,” he added. “It was also vintage Clinton in that it was sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent.”

Krauthammer went on to call Clinton’s DNC address “one of the strangest nomination speeches” even given.

“It was kind of an amalgam between the state of the union address, a policy wonk seminar and what sounded to me like a campaign speech for a third Clinton term — Obama was sort of incidental, he would be shoved in every once in a while,” he said.

“It is true that he made a lot of detailed rebuttals, that he is sort of the rebuttler-in-chief…but Paul Ryan can handle all of that in 10 minutes in his debate,” he concluded.

Mainstream America could give a rat's behind what Krauthammer thinks or said, it's irrelevant.

Not really. The man is more accurate than most liberal talking heads.

Like it or not, liberals are a minority. Live with it. Or don't!

Edit: BTW, what is YOUR definition of "Mainstream America". Do tell.....

Last edited by VectorMan on 9/6/2012, 9:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

33Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:57 pm

knothead

knothead
VectorMan wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thank you, I'm good . . . .

34Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:58 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
knothead wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
knothead wrote:

Thank you, I'm good . . . .

Yeah. I'm sure.

35Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 10:32 pm

no stress

no stress
Clinton is owning it - Page 2 30368110

36Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 11:14 pm

2seaoat

Johnson is a play for Obama. You're a quitter obviously. You are a kid taking your ball and going home because you didn't get your way (Newt). Run along immature one and let the adults sort this election out.

Hell will freeze before any of my family will vote for Romney. If that is a play for Obama......then maybe next time my party will nominate a real republican. My vote will not even matter........this is going to be a landslide for Obama, so my vote is not immature at all.......it is setting the foundation for 2016 where maybe middle of the road main street republicans who care about the middle class can take their party back from the new stupid.......

37Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/7/2012, 3:41 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
2seaoat wrote:I think Clinton just cut through the propoganda technique of false equivalancy. He stated simply he could not.....and for that matter no American President could have got this nation out of our situation in four years. I guess there is an argument to be made that somebody else drove the damn car into the ditch.......and you promised to get us out of the ditch........and most of us would agree that the damn car is still a long way from being out of the ditch.....and maybe some of us would argue that the current driver has buried the tires in the ditch.......but what President Clinton made clear.......no President could have got us out of the ditch......and I get that, but five trillion dollar additional deficits as we give tax breaks to the wealthy and then to have the gall to tell Americans we will tell you the details of where we expect you to sacrifice after the election........this is like the drunk driver who put the damn car in the ditch sitting next to the ditch with a quart of Jack......telling the new driver how he does not know how to drive and fix his mess........and then when the car is almost out of the ditch expecting to give the keys back to the drunk................we simply cannot be this stupid.......Romney is evil........and all the dark money which will come this fall cannot make these budget ideas any less intoxicated, nor can any honest patriot buy into this evil.

I just saw this post, excellent.

38Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/7/2012, 7:04 pm

Markle

Markle
2seaoat wrote:I think Clinton just cut through the propoganda technique of false equivalancy. He stated simply he could not.....and for that matter no American President could have got this nation out of our situation in four years. I guess there is an argument to be made that somebody else drove the damn car into the ditch.......and you promised to get us out of the ditch........and most of us would agree that the damn car is still a long way from being out of the ditch.....and maybe some of us would argue that the current driver has buried the tires in the ditch.......but what President Clinton made clear.......no President could have got us out of the ditch......and I get that, but five trillion dollar additional deficits as we give tax breaks to the wealthy and then to have the gall to tell Americans we will tell you the details of where we expect you to sacrifice after the election........this is like the drunk driver who put the damn car in the ditch sitting next to the ditch with a quart of Jack......telling the new driver how he does not know how to drive and fix his mess........and then when the car is almost out of the ditch expecting to give the keys back to the drunk................we simply cannot be this stupid.......Romney is evil........and all the dark money which will come this fall cannot make these budget ideas any less intoxicated, nor can any honest patriot buy into this evil.

What did you expect him to say? If Hillary had been President we'd be rolling in clover?

Just as one of President Barack Hussein Obama's hero's FDR did with the Great Depression, FDR EXTENDED it by SEVEN YEARS, President Obama is EXTENDING THIS "RECESSION".

When you have a major economic problem, you just don't go out and hire a COMMUNITY ORGANIZER to solve the problems.

Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Obama-Carter-Mirror

39Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/7/2012, 7:18 pm

2seaoat

I agree the lack of experience helped bury the tires in that ditch, but he has admitted some mistakes and he is getting the car out of the ditch.....but do you really want to go back to the policies that put us in the ditch.....do you really believe that giving 5 trillion back is an answer for getting out of the ditch......I guess my analogy was wrong.....there must have been a case of Jack in that car when it went off the road.

40Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/8/2012, 6:19 pm

VectorMan wrote:
knothead wrote:

What a dumbo! There are more registered Democrats than Republicans voters. 31-29%-38% independents.

41Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/9/2012, 4:14 am

Markle

Markle
Gunz wrote:Clinton is owning it - Page 2 30368110

Strong point.

42Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/9/2012, 4:40 am

Markle

Markle
Dreamsglore wrote:
VectorMan wrote:

Like it or not, liberals are a minority. Live with it. Or don't![/b]

What a dumbo! There are more registered Democrats than Republicans voters. 31-29%-38% independents.

Sorry, MAJOR difference between DEMOCRATS AND LIBERALS/PROGRESSIVES. Not so much between Republicans and Conservatives.

From Gallup Polls

Clinton is owning it - Page 2 PartyAffiliationJuly2012

43Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/9/2012, 1:24 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
Dreamsglore wrote:
VectorMan wrote:
knothead wrote:

Right. Like you have any credibility. LOL

What a dimwit.

44Clinton is owning it - Page 2 Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/9/2012, 3:40 pm

NaNook

NaNook
Clinton on NATIONAL TV; " I did not have sex with that woman".

Now we have middle school blow-job parties. What a leader....

Clinton lied to the public, period. What about his million dollar payoffs?

Would Obama invite Bill to spend the night in the White House? I wouldn't...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum