Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Clinton is owning it

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Clinton is owning it Empty Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 10:50 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL
This is great!


_________________
I approve this message.

2Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 11:17 pm

boards of FL

boards of FL
Arithmetic!


_________________
I approve this message.

3Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 11:18 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
Yes he is. Too bad for the Dems he will not be on the Nov ballot.

4Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 11:21 pm

Guest


Guest
boards of FL wrote:Arithmetic!

So when is Obama going to stop adding to the debt and start reducing it cause it ain't happened yet and I do not see him doing it in the next 4 years.

Clinton is owning it 250238_488381711172785_1682639494_n

5Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 11:44 pm

Yella

Yella
CLINTON HITS HOME RUN!

http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/

6Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/5/2012, 11:48 pm

Guest


Guest
boards of FL wrote:This is great!

whoa... math upon perambulate... the next round is on me.

7Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 12:01 am

Sal

Sal
alecto wrote:
boards of FL wrote:Arithmetic!

So when is Obama going to stop adding to the debt and start reducing it cause it ain't happened yet and I do not see him doing it in the next 4 years.

Clinton is owning it 250238_488381711172785_1682639494_n

Either you're not watching, or you have an easily diagnosed comprehension problem. Which is it?

8Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:04 am

Guest


Guest
salinsky wrote:
Either you're not watching, or you have an easily diagnosed comprehension problem. Which is it?[/font]

I watched Bill Clinton and understood what he said problem is we heard it before "Obama will reduce the deficit" but how can you say he will reduce the deficit when he has increased it by 5+ trillion and it is steadily climbing. That is right it is Bushes fault, seems we have heard that before as well.

9Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:32 am

2seaoat


I did not watch the convention. I have been watching clips this morning on morning Joe. Clinton from what I have seen hit a home run. It is sad for this country when Main Street Republicans need to look at a former Democrat to find sanity.......you do not give wealthy people in this country a five trillion gift of a tax break, and then tell the American people that we will tell you how you will sacrifice to cover further stealing from the American people after the election. The sad thing that if a few brave people stood up during the rise of fascism in Germany in the 1920s, maybe the conflagaration could have been avoided........it is time for all Americans and Patriots to flush Romney back down the toilet. As a Republican, I will never vote for Obama, but Johnson is my only play.......

10Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:47 am

2seaoat


I think Clinton just cut through the propoganda technique of false equivalancy. He stated simply he could not.....and for that matter no American President could have got this nation out of our situation in four years. I guess there is an argument to be made that somebody else drove the damn car into the ditch.......and you promised to get us out of the ditch........and most of us would agree that the damn car is still a long way from being out of the ditch.....and maybe some of us would argue that the current driver has buried the tires in the ditch.......but what President Clinton made clear.......no President could have got us out of the ditch......and I get that, but five trillion dollar additional deficits as we give tax breaks to the wealthy and then to have the gall to tell Americans we will tell you the details of where we expect you to sacrifice after the election........this is like the drunk driver who put the damn car in the ditch sitting next to the ditch with a quart of Jack......telling the new driver how he does not know how to drive and fix his mess........and then when the car is almost out of the ditch expecting to give the keys back to the drunk................we simply cannot be this stupid.......Romney is evil........and all the dark money which will come this fall cannot make these budget ideas any less intoxicated, nor can any honest patriot buy into this evil.



Last edited by 2seaoat on 9/6/2012, 7:50 am; edited 1 time in total

11Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:50 am

Guest


Guest
He was great. I now look back and wonder why I didn't vote for him, he was one hell of a President. Here's an article on the truth of some of his statements:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/06/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-says-democratic-presidents-top-republ/

Well I do know why I didn't vote for him I was a blinded Republican and always voted party lines. No More.

12Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 7:56 am

2seaoat


I did not vote for Clinton. I voted for Bush Sr. , and I have had the pleasure of meeting Senator Dole, and thought he was a great American Patriot. However, Bill Clinton to me is what Main Street Republicans want. They want honesty.............this seems ironic that a man who lied about a BJ in the White House.....a man who betrayed his wife and the very concept of truth........can so skillfully tell the truth after he has left office. I only hope that other Main Street Republicans will find sanity in his words and reject Mitt Romney and the Dark money which has taken over our Party.......and we can return to fiscal responsibility and not the corruption and putrid stealing of America by the Oligarchy. Special interest friends of the wealthy may blur the message as a billion dollars will be poured into this election cycle.......and it may have taken the liar in chief to bring sanity to this election cycle with the simple truth.........Mitt Romney wants to further bury the American middle class.

13Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 8:00 am

Guest


Guest
I hope the other republicans can also see it seaoat, but you just listen today on what they have to say and I'm sorry to say it won't happen. The party has been taken over by people who have tunnel vision.

14Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 8:05 am

Guest


Guest
Awwww, NPR had to go and fact check Clintons speech - seems things aren't exactly the way Old Wild Bill portrayed them:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=160658674

15Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 8:23 am

2seaoat


I read the article. I did not see one example in the article that caught the former President in a lie. None. The fact is that health care costs are down. Sure we are in a recession, and maybe that has a larger reason for the reduction, but he told the truth. Premiums paid is again a false argument. That is like saying that the President is responsible because an oil company decides to raise the price at the pump.......Premiums were raised in anticipation of the limit on administrative costs which take effect in 2014 as the American public is being gouged by the insurance companies, and unlike the gouging of insurance in Florida where the state can limit the rate of increase......their is no mechanism to do the same with health insurance until after 2014.....the truth is Clinton was correct.

Now I have no argument with NPR saying the president lied about the BJ......I consider myself an honest person.....but if a 24 year old intern had given my a BJ in the house I share with my wife.........well honesty would be the last thing which would come to my mind.........but when Mitt Romney wants to bend over average Americans and asks us to squeal like a pig.......I am glad the liar in chief can tell it like it is. Nope, Clinton hit it out of the park from the segments I have seen this morning.

16Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 8:31 am

Guest


Guest
2seaoat wrote:I read the article. I did not see one example in the article that caught the former President in a lie. .

Careful cherry picking and obfuscation of facts has become the mantra of both parties. This country is a mess and people are still "believin" in the idiots running for office. Amazing.

17Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 8:41 am

Guest


Guest
nochain wrote:Awwww, NPR had to go and fact check Clintons speech - seems things aren't exactly the way Old Wild Bill portrayed them:

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=160658674

Facts seem to always get in the way of a good speech/story!....Although I've always given Clinton credit for being smart enough to move towards the center AND work with the opposition party to get things done...Watched a speech of his from 1995...The theme?....The era of BIG Government has come to an end!...With this kind of thinking he is the OPPOSITE of the COWH and this administration...

18Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:20 am

boards of FL

boards of FL
2seaoat wrote:I read the article. I did not see one example in the article that caught the former President in a lie.

Nor did I.


_________________
I approve this message.

19Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:22 am

Guest


Guest
It is all lies from both parties. Say something to get elected and then renig on all those promises. None of these politicians are for what is best for "the people", they are for what is in their best interest.

20Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:40 am

Sal

Sal
LOL.

The wingnuts are blubbering about "both sides do it" while filling bathtubs with their tears of angst because the big dog got 'er done in epic fashion.

Sweet.


Very Happy

21Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 9:42 am

Guest


Guest
I'm surprised they're not bitchen that he went overtime in his speech..

22Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 10:19 am

Guest


Guest
salinsky wrote:LOL.

The wingnuts are blubbering about "both sides do it" while filling bathtubs with their tears of angst because the big dog got 'er done in epic fashion.

Sweet.


Very Happy

If you don't believe that "both sides do it" then you need to come out of that bubble that you are living in. Any politician serves only his/her own interests, not those of the people that elected them.

23Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 12:18 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM
reaper1948 wrote:He was great. I now look back and wonder why I didn't vote for him, he was one hell of a President. Here's an article on the truth of some of his statements:

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2012/sep/06/bill-clinton/bill-clinton-says-democratic-presidents-top-republ/

Well I do know why I didn't vote for him I was a blinded Republican and always voted party lines. No More.

That was me too. I am still registered as an "R" but I haven't voted for a Republican presidential candidate since 1988. I did the Ross Perot thing in '92, then left it blank in '96 (I wrote my daughter's name in). When George W. Bush was on the ticket, I had to vote against him.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

24Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 1:42 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
Reacting to former president Bill Clinton’s nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday, Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said the address was “sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent” and would not help President Obama’s re-election chances.

“I think it was a giant swing and a miss,” Krauthammer said of the speech. “I don’t think it will move the needle whatsoever.

“It was engaging it was humorous, in some cases it was generous — I think there were more mentions of the Bushs than I heard in three days in Tampa,” he added. “It was also vintage Clinton in that it was sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent.”

Krauthammer went on to call Clinton’s DNC address “one of the strangest nomination speeches” even given.

“It was kind of an amalgam between the state of the union address, a policy wonk seminar and what sounded to me like a campaign speech for a third Clinton term — Obama was sort of incidental, he would be shoved in every once in a while,” he said.

“It is true that he made a lot of detailed rebuttals, that he is sort of the rebuttler-in-chief…but Paul Ryan can handle all of that in 10 minutes in his debate,” he concluded.

25Clinton is owning it Empty Re: Clinton is owning it on 9/6/2012, 1:51 pm

Guest


Guest
VectorMan wrote:Reacting to former president Bill Clinton’s nomination speech at the Democratic National Convention Wednesday, Fox News contributor and syndicated columnist Charles Krauthammer said the address was “sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent” and would not help President Obama’s re-election chances.

“I think it was a giant swing and a miss,” Krauthammer said of the speech. “I don’t think it will move the needle whatsoever.

“It was engaging it was humorous, in some cases it was generous — I think there were more mentions of the Bushs than I heard in three days in Tampa,” he added. “It was also vintage Clinton in that it was sprawling, undisciplined and truly self-indulgent.”

Krauthammer went on to call Clinton’s DNC address “one of the strangest nomination speeches” even given.

“It was kind of an amalgam between the state of the union address, a policy wonk seminar and what sounded to me like a campaign speech for a third Clinton term — Obama was sort of incidental, he would be shoved in every once in a while,” he said.

“It is true that he made a lot of detailed rebuttals, that he is sort of the rebuttler-in-chief…but Paul Ryan can handle all of that in 10 minutes in his debate,” he concluded.

I don't believe that a lot of people put a lot of faith in Charles Krauthammer and his and Fox News' ultra conservative views.

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum