Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Isn't This Racist?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 8:58 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
Seaoat, I think when you call strangers on a forum racist, you're trivializing racism because you don't know if they are racist or not. You don't know them, you don't know their heart. You like to throw the racist label around willy-nilly.

There is a racist element to the pin, whether you like it or admit it or not. Is it stopping people from voting or enslaving people or killing people--no. But it's still racist. I haven't said it's equal to trying to keep people from voting, that's just something that you made up in your over-reaction to the thread.

27Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 9:22 pm

2seaoat

ahhhh, but you started this thread. You took a stupid poor attempt at humor and asked whether this pin was racist...............was it done in a void? No, it was put into the context of the politics of the day. It was a pin on a Democratic delegate at the convention and securely pinned in his hat. Now you insult me as if I am overreacting and having a hissy fit because I called your actions exactly what they are.........for three weeks we have been bombarded by media telling us that racism and voter suppression are alive and well in the Republican party......and in response your trivialize the discussion by a false equivalency argument that lo and behold.....racism exists in the Democratic Party......no kidding, but in the process of trying to create the illusion that everybody is doing it, and how can these people call the Republican voter suppression attempts racial, when this pin proves racism is in the democratic party.....no, I am not rambling.....no I did not start this thread, racism is alive and well in this country and the central component of the 2012 election. AND I REJECT IT.......AND ALL THOSE WHO THINK WE CAN SOMEHOW BE GOOD AMERICANS WHEN WE SEE WHAT IS HAPPENING AND FAIL TO SPEAK UP.

Again, you started the thread.....I simply told the truth.....and I offended many who would otherwise be polite on other subjects, but when I discuss race......I think two made the analogy a few days ago about a fart that lingers on an elevator....I guess that is me.

28Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 9:25 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
Seaoat, you're right--the pin was an attempt at humor. Why is racism funny to some people?

29Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 9:45 pm

2seaoat

Seaoat, you're right--the pin was an attempt at humor. Why is racism funny to some people?

I went to a pretty much all white high school. I remember we had this assembly where some people would do a talent show. Some people sang. Some danced. Some tried comedy. This black kid gets up and starts talking about Santa Claus visiting his neighborhood at Christmas. It was powerful. It was funny. It made me think. We use humor often to avoid how uncomfortable this thread has become. Richard Pryor grew up in a house of prostitution in Peoria Illinois and his honesty in what he saw drew on his pain and reality....but he used racial humor.

I am seriously concerned about what is happening to America. I do not do drugs. I can no longer drink alcohol. My mind is clear. I see people suffering.....awful suffering which I never saw when I was healthy. I see people suffering economically, yet in my greed, I never took the time to look around and see other people struggling. I see this country being stolen, my party being stolen, and people being denied access to the polls. I wish John McCain had won. Not because he would have done that much of a better job....well I think he would have done a better job and I think there would have been more cooperation......and I think that this country has suffered because of racism. When you see pain in people's faces when you were once blind......it changes your soul, and maybe racial humor could make light of the current course.....but I believe America hangs in the balance. These are critical discussions and good people cannot avoid the same.

30Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 9:50 pm

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat, you're right--the pin was an attempt at humor. Why is racism funny to some people?

I went to a pretty much all white high school. I remember we had this assembly where some people would do a talent show. Some people sang. Some danced. Some tried comedy. This black kid gets up and starts talking about Santa Claus visiting his neighborhood at Christmas. It was powerful. It was funny. It made me think. We use humor often to avoid how uncomfortable this thread has become. Richard Pryor grew up in a house of prostitution in Peoria Illinois and his honesty in what he saw drew on his pain and reality....but he used racial humor.

I am seriously concerned about what is happening to America. I do not do drugs. I can no longer drink alcohol. My mind is clear. I see people suffering.....awful suffering which I never saw when I was healthy. I see people suffering economically, yet in my greed, I never took the time to look around and see other people struggling. I see this country being stolen, my party being stolen, and people being denied access to the polls. I wish John McCain had won. Not because he would have done that much of a better job....well I think he would have done a better job and I think there would have been more cooperation......and I think that this country has suffered because of racism. When you see pain in people's faces when you were once blind......it changes your soul, and maybe racial humor could make light of the current course.....but I believe America hangs in the balance. These are critical discussions and good people cannot avoid the same.

anecdotal... do you get paid by the word?

31Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:00 pm

VectorMan

VectorMan
2seaoats is going right off the deep end. If it's really him. The short novels look familiar.

32Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:32 pm

Seaoat please explain how requiring a photo ID denies someone access to vote. Please explain how these poor deprived people survive in a country that often requires a photo ID to do even the simplest of things like drive a car, withdraw money from a bank or sign up for government assistance. Since more white people are on the government dole wouldn't it stand to reason that voter ID laws would suppress more of the poor white vote than the poor black vote.

33Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:35 pm

2seaoat

its me.....a seaotian post is hard to hide.....and lately difficult to swallow.....but answer me this question.......If you could win an election by limiting the access to vote to a targeted group......would you try to do this as part of a political strategy?

Again, in 1950s Birmingham, this was in fact a strategy......the late 1890s despite the 14th amendment it became a strategy again, so the birth of Jim Crow.....despite the laws....some tried to deny equal rights.

Now, answer this last question honestly......were you always a Republican, and why did you switch?

These questions can be answered, ignored.....or you can tell me to go to hell, but if we get to the anger, we find the answers.

34Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:39 pm

thank you for your participation... please await markle's reply.

35Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:49 pm

2seaoat

Well let me answer your question with a question.......if we did nothing.....if we allowed all voter access to stay exactly the same as the record Republican gains in 2010......do you have any proof of any election being lost because of identification fraud at the polls?

I have posted this ad nauseum, but I believe the answer is technological. I believe that prior to an election every eligible voter must register. Reasonable proof should be presented and a photograph should be taken of the voter, along with scanning the basis of identification...utility bills, lease, drivers license.....etc. This should be stored in a simple SQL database, and it should be controlled by every county supervisor of elections. If you lost your driver's license on election day.....you will not be denied access to polls because the database with photo would be available. If our goal is to keep the integrity in our election process, we must start with honest answers, not smoke and mirrors as to the real intent. America today is seeing one political party executing a political strategy to deny access to the polls, and throughout history it was the democratic party.....and now it is the republican party.......it is not which party.....it is the intent. We can and must do better.

36Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:52 pm

2seaoat

Frustrated......you usually are capable.....but we are talking about powerful concepts tonight......just did not have you figured for a coward.

37Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 10:52 pm

38Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 11:28 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
The best thing for all of us to do to rid the world of racism is to raise and educate non-racist children. It will never entirely happen but we've made great progress in our country over the last 40 years.

My daughter was the only minority in the school of several hundred children that she attended during her first two years in school. The decision to put her in that school is the single best decision hubby and I ever made regarding her education. Today our daughter doesn't have a racist bone in her body. No, not one. It's not entirely because of how she was raised at home, it had a LOT to do with the school she attended in those first years and in the different places we lived and the different kinds of people that she grew up with.

Seaoat, I'm sorry for the anger I see in your posts. I really am because I think you're a good man and you mean well. But I only see anger and hate in your posts recently.

39Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 11:38 pm

gawd neko... he will venture into anecdotal evidence and then meander over to leftist tactics.

i say just leave him to banter with markle.

40Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 11:51 pm

2seaoat

neither hate, nor anger.......just a conviction that what I am seeing is true. You can say I am a tad zealous, but please do not confuse that with anger. Telling someone they are hateful and angry is dismissive of the ideas which are being presented, and hopefully discussed. The president is the angry black man.....and now I am the hateful and angry seaoat. I am the luckiest man in the world. I have some time. It is quantifiable and precious. I simply do not waste time with going along to get along. I did that so easily for too many years. I want things which matter to get serious consideration.....it does not mean I am angry, rather people are listening to me. Sure at first they would simply shut me off. Fortunately, in my life I have earned respect, and thankfully it is not too quickly thrown out when discussing issues where people do not agree. I have connected with people, and people are realizing what I am saying about Romney. Did any of you on the PNJ hear me say anything negative about Romney. I complimented him on his debate skills and I thought he was somebody else.....I found out differently when he used his dark money to bury Newt. I also found out he had a 100 million in his qualified plans.......He is not an honest man, and he is bad for America, and my party has lost their way....and if I can stop this man from causing harm.....well I guess I have now become an unpaid Shill for that desired end. I will not be happy if Obama gets reelected, but I will be sad if Romney is elected......no anger....no hate.....simple love for this country, and the middle class and our richest traditions of fair play and a level playing field.

41Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/8/2012, 11:59 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
Seaoat, the kind of hatred you express for Romney is irrational and even unhealthy. It's probably only matched on this forum by Floridatexan's hatred of Bush. Sorry, but I also call it the way I see it.
Since Obama is the president, I'm glad I don't hate Obama the way you hate Romney. If Romney wins, I hope you can manage to accept it.

42Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 12:15 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Ghost_Rider1 wrote:
2seaoat wrote:antedotal......you mean there is not an organized voter suppression effort in America? There is no tangible proof?

The only organized voter suppression going on in America is planted firmly in the minds of the Democrats. When something lies in someones mind that is not tangible proof.

Voter suppression is not a figment of the Democrats' imagination:

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/08/30/776491/courts-reject-gop-voter-suppression-overreach/

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/08/31/784981/breaking-federal-court-strikes-down-ohio-law-restricting-early-voting/

There is some good news for voters in Florida today. A Federal court partially struck down a Republican law that reduced the number of early voting days from 12 to eight. In the 170 page ruling, the Court concluded these restrictions would adversely affect minority voters.

In sum, Florida is left with nothing to rebut either the testimony of the defendants’witnesses or the common-sense judgment that a dramatic reduction in the form of voting that is disproportionately used by African-Americans would make it materially more difficult for some minority voters to cast a ballot than under the benchmark law. We therefore conclude that Florida has not met its burden of proving that removing a third of the day sand half of the hours from its benchmark early voting procedures would have an on retrogressive effect on minority voting rights in the covered counties
Of course, it’s pretty hard for Florida’s republicans to deny that this law and others are intended to suppress minority votes because Former Republican Chairman, Jim Greer admitted it in June.

I was upset because the political consultants and staff were talking about voter suppression and keeping blacks from voting,

http://www.politicususa.com/federal-court-strikes-rick-scotts-voter-supression-laws.html

43Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 12:21 am

cmon os... thinkprogress is soros. perhaps to should look into how he undermined voting processes to sack currencies. George soros deserves a very good read before using his material.

44Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 12:43 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni
alecto wrote:Seaoat please explain how requiring a photo ID denies someone access to vote. Please explain how these poor deprived people survive in a country that often requires a photo ID to do even the simplest of things like drive a car, withdraw money from a bank or sign up for government assistance. Since more white people are on the government dole wouldn't it stand to reason that voter ID laws would suppress more of the poor white vote than the poor black vote.

You have to have a picture ID to check into a hospital, register as a new patient in a doctor's office, cash a check drawn on a bank different than yours...oh and in many cases a thumb print is required on the check. Finance or charge purchases on a no interest extended account. Take a college entrance or ACT test. Photo ID to purchase airline tickets or ride on Amtrak. You even have to show a photo ID to enter the Sheriff's office for business purposes.

Gee...there are so many reasons you have to show your ID it makes voter ID seem like a really stupid argument that the Dems are holding on to..why are they not complaining about all the other reasons?

Oops.....here is another one.
Attorney General Eric Holder addressed the NAACP Nation Convention at the George R. Brown Convention Center in Houston, Texas. What did media need in order to attend? That's right, government issued photo identification (and a second form of identification too!), something both Holder and the NAACP stand firmly against when it comes to voting. Holder's DOJ is currently suing Texas for "discriminatory" voter ID laws. From the press release:

All media must present government-issued photo I.D. (such as a driver’s license) as well as valid media credentials.

45Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 8:23 am

2seaoat

Again, the hand is quicker than the eye.....pick the cup. Yep, I am a passenger in a car which is involved in an accident and the hospital says.....nope we cannot treat your compound fracture.....you do not have a photo id. Something called policy needs to guarantee the right to vote. It is not a privilege conditioned on a political strategy to deny a citizen access, rather it is the most sacred right. Do you deny poll taxes? Do you deny literacy tests? Do you deny Jim Crow? The 14th amendment was alive and well.....yet slowly all across the south the Jim Crow laws took equality demanded in the 13th and 14th amendment and ignored the law. Plessy set the benchmark of how far bending the law could go......we could have separate yet equal.

Now some argue that it is just a photo ID, and the mantra of false equivalency has become the soup of the day. Less than 100 voter identification frauds and the solution is to disenfranchise millions. Either we are concerned about every citizen's right to vote, or we are simply arguing a new form of Plessy......a way to avoid fundamental rights. It is simple. Every voter registration official takes an Ipad to collect voter registration information. You scan the proof of who the person is, and you take the person's photo. This is done at registration.......not when a person is lined up to vote. Once registered every Citizen will get their chance to vote. Blow the dog whistle all day long......I will no longer deny its existence and be a good boy. Every American has the right to vote, and if you want to solve this alleged problem of false identification at polling places, it is an easy fix which guarantees all Americans right to vote.

46Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 8:51 am

2seaoat

Seaoat, the kind of hatred you express for Romney is irrational

Actually, I was ambivalent toward him. I think early in the primaries I could have still voted for him. However, when did I become strident in regard to Romney? It was when he buried Newt with 9-1 spending in the Florida primary......and then when he released a partial tax return which disclosed that he had over 100 million in a qualified plan. No honest man can have the same......but how will we ever know....he has refused to release more than one tax return.....and only after Newt put the pressure on and he might lose the primary. Now, in the general election......hell no.

The man is a liar and has contributed to the destruction of the American Middle class. He will say anything to become president. He stands for nothing. He has blown the dog whistle, and I have called him on it. My Republican Party has been taken over by xenophobic rascist, and has become the party of Dixiecrats. The same ones who were good democrats and had no problem taking the rights away from other people to allow them to keep power.....the same ones who worked to get their military bases and keep war a goal......and keep a military base in their district......yep the old south Democratic Party has now become the Republican Party, and I was a republican when the ideals of Abe Lincoln meant something.

I want my party back. Orin fricking Hatch has to scramble in the primary as these crazies and racist almost defeat him.....Orin Hatch. Bennett loses his primary to stupid, and I am called a liar, angry, and now I am unhealthy because my party is being stolen by xenophobic racist. Nope, my vision is clear and my purpose solidified. I want my party back from the racist who stole it. I want the republican party of Abe, Teddy, and Barry where moderation and concern for main street fiscal responsibility take precedence over the return to Jim Crow and voter suppression. I do not want the American Taliban telling my daughter if she is raped she must have the baby, and if she takes birth control medications at the hospital after the rape, she will be charged with murder. I have no use for abortion, and I have been consistent that the Supreme Court drew the line and I could live with that.......but people who are calling themselves Republicans are telling us that raped women secrete some magic juices which will stop the pregnancies and 20k woman raped each year do not have babies.

It used to be Republicans were the intelligent businessman party. The small businessman on Main Street who knew policies which were good for business were good for America. Now, that party of Taft and Ike has been taken over by George Wallace supporters who migrated in mass to the Republican Party, and America has been hurt. We traditional Republicans must either hold our nose with what we have become, or allow ever increasing radical democrats stray from main street America.....no my discussion are very healthy, and my declared purpose to not allow Mitt Romney one minute in the White House where he can implement policies which further hurt the American Middle Class......nope today is a new day.....and my vision is clear and certain. Mitt Romney must never win, and we will take our party back.

47Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 10:06 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
PkrBum wrote:cmon os... thinkprogress is soros. perhaps to should look into how he undermined voting processes to sack currencies. George soros deserves a very good read before using his material.

The facts reported are true. I don't care if it was Fox "news" or ThinkProgress who reported it.
You can't make the truth untrue merely by saying you don't like the report or where it came from.

That doesn't change the ruling of the court. The court said

“imposes strict, unforgiving burdens on the poor” and that “a disproportionately high percentage of African Americans and Hispanics in Texas live in poverty.”

Wisconsin: In July, a state circuit court judge blocked a voter ID law, signed by Gov. Scott Walker (R). In his ruling, he noted the law addressed a problem that was “very limited, if indeed it exists” and would create a “needless and significant impairment of the right to vote.”

http://thinkprogress.org/justice/2012/08/30/776491/courts-reject-gop-voter-suppression-overreach/

48Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 10:24 am

2seaoat

Taking away somebody's constitutional right to vote with a hood or a coordinated scheme to suppress a targeted class is no different in my mind and as a student of history......and having seen first hand what happens when you start taking people's rights away.....hell no!

I become some kind of crazy person when I question, but the answer I got as a child as to why there were four bathrooms are the same today when talking about why suddenly where there is no problem with voter identification fraud that a systematic attempt to suppress the right to vote.....I am not the one with the problem and the answer are just as bogus as what was told to me as a child which justification for four bathrooms

Ann Romney on meet the press which I am watching is telling the world how proud she is we elected a black president and we have overcome prejudice.....really.....we have? Now, Mitt just said he will not balance the budget until the second term if he wins because it will hurt the economy to try to attack the deficit in his first term.....really......It is all one big fricking lie........he attacks the president for the deficit, and today on meet the press he says he will not hurt the economy in his first term, and will attack the deficit in the second term........DOUBLESPEAK IS ALIVE AND WELL.

49Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 10:49 am

knothead

knothead
Seaoat, you have the very best well thought out posts that crystallize these smoke and mirror political gamesmanship that we are all witnessing. Please keep it up because I think we all benefit from your wisdom, knowledge and your cut-through-the-bullshit writing style.

50Isn't This Racist? - Page 2 Empty Re: Isn't This Racist? on 9/9/2012, 11:57 am

2seaoat

In the process I have angered friends. I have lifelong friends who I have known since grade school who are angry with what I have been saying lately. However, out of respect, they are at least listening now....and yes, some are beginning to understand what I am saying. They still hate Obama, and they will vote for anybody who gets him out, but they are listening to what I am saying about what this nation has become, and why Romney is evil. To the last one of them they did not want him to win the primary, but their hate of Obama is greater. It is that hate which I am trying to address.......and when I start talking about race.......well even my best friends who would do anything for me.... get uncomfortable. So I anger friends on this forum, and friends from my childhood, but when you see suffering your life changes.......you take a stand......and yes we are going to take our Republican Party back, and all the small people who live in a world of hate and bigotry can find someplace else to hang their hat.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum