1. Housing – the crisis continues and programs like HARP are not working
2. Federal job growth is astounding – over 150,000 federal jobs were “created” in the last few years with an average union protected salary of $70K. Sweet….
3. 1/3 of Americans are on public assistance
4. Energy costs are out of control affecting prices of other goods and services
5. 23 million people unemployed or underemployed making the real unemployment rate, including those who have stopped looking for work, a staggering 14.9%. Unemployment is also being concealed by the between 3-4 million people who have been added to the Social Security disability insurance program
6. $16 trillion in debt and growing
7. No budget in place for several years