Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Marathon twilight zone.....Speilberg ripped off some scenes for Poltergeist

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

An episode where a little girl is caught in the wall is pulled out of a mystical zone is the worse rip off I have ever seen. So I put into google the query did spielberg rip off poltergeist from an episode of the twilight zone, and this is what popped up:
http://www.cracked.com/article_20439_7-classic-movies-that-are-shameless-ripoffs_p2.html

Basic storytelling is always a rip off of something that was ripped off before.  Laughing  

There is an author who lives in Birmingham who speaks at writers' conferences.  He tells the story of writing a great story and as soon as he finished it guess what came out?  Stephen King's Misery.  So he kept his book and pitched it as "misery loves company" and proceeded to sell his book which was basically the same story as Stephen King's book.

2seaoat

Basic storytelling is always a rip off

Agree, but this was a visual rip off. I lost a great deal of respect for Spielberg, but he always said as a kid he watched the twilight zone.

Telstar

Telstar

At the time Richard Matheson the author of Little Girl Lost raised a stink but he went quiet when Speilberg hired him for The Twilight Zone Movie.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum