Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Dog Whistle politics

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Dog Whistle politics Empty Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 1:01 pm

2seaoat

Obama has actually requested increased work requirements in welfare and his administration has turned over more latitude to states.......yet, with no chance of getting women or minorities, there is a desperate attempt to get the Reagan democrats to come on over to Mitt because the dog whistle is blowing and we all know we do not want lazy blacks and illegals having Obama send them a check.

How stupid has America become. When has the federal government sent out a welfare check.......it is the states who are the front line........and we want our states to come up with better methods. Newt Gingrich got people off welfare and back working, but he got buried in Mitt Romney's lies, now good old Frenchie is blowing that dog whistle trying to make Obama running around with a bag of checks to give folks who are eating watermelon on their front porch...........They run these ads because people really are that stupid.

I called my mother in Arizona last week. She and I have been staunch Republicans are whole life, and she is now 88, and instead of talking normal politics with substance, she says to me.......you know the President is a Muslim..........This was said by an intelligent woman who was pretty sophisticated in her politics. I know it could be early onset dementia, but I think it shows how effective dog whistles are.......you keep suggesting something long enough.....and those folks who are weak of mind, aged, or simply ignorant, will hear the dog whistle. Lies work if good people do not stand up and call the evil what it is.......pure unadulterated racism. It sells. It gets votes. However, thankfully the 10% of independents who are going to swing this election are not that stupid.

2Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 5:02 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

2seaoat wrote:Obama has actually requested increased work requirements in welfare and his administration has turned over more latitude to states.......yet, with no chance of getting women or minorities, there is a desperate attempt to get the Reagan democrats to come on over to Mitt because the dog whistle is blowing and we all know we do not want lazy blacks and illegals having Obama send them a check.

How stupid has America become. When has the federal government sent out a welfare check.......it is the states who are the front line........and we want our states to come up with better methods. Newt Gingrich got people off welfare and back working, but he got buried in Mitt Romney's lies, now good old Frenchie is blowing that dog whistle trying to make Obama running around with a bag of checks to give folks who are eating watermelon on their front porch...........They run these ads because people really are that stupid.

I called my mother in Arizona last week. She and I have been staunch Republicans are whole life, and she is now 88, and instead of talking normal politics with substance, she says to me.......you know the President is a Muslim..........This was said by an intelligent woman who was pretty sophisticated in her politics. I know it could be early onset dementia, but I think it shows how effective dog whistles are.......you keep suggesting something long enough.....and those folks who are weak of mind, aged, or simply ignorant, will hear the dog whistle. Lies work if good people do not stand up and call the evil what it is.......pure unadulterated racism. It sells. It gets votes. However, thankfully the 10% of independents who are going to swing this election are not that stupid.

I hate to say I think much of it comes from the churches. There's a sense of comraderie there, which can be a good thing or a really bad thing, depending upon how "out there" the particular church and pastor really are. Don't get me wrong here...a lot of churches do plenty of good specifically BECAUSE of that social networking. It's when they enter the political arena that it becomes destructive.

3Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 5:20 pm

2seaoat

I have not seen it coming out of churches. I did see that in the fifties in Birmingham when reverend applegate would chastise what was happening in downtown, but I really think that racism is more widespread in our culture. There are few Christians I know who would ever wish ill will to a person of a particular race or religion......however, when our culture scapegoats and tries to appeal to superiority of somebody over another.....it never has a good ending. I will take people of faith who understand Jesus and his words, but I cannot rationalize those who wear religion like a new sunday suit.......they disgust me.

4Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 6:33 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I have not seen it coming out of churches. I did see that in the fifties in Birmingham when reverend applegate would chastise what was happening in downtown, but I really think that racism is more widespread in our culture. There are few Christians I know who would ever wish ill will to a person of a particular race or religion......however, when our culture scapegoats and tries to appeal to superiority of somebody over another.....it never has a good ending. I will take people of faith who understand Jesus and his words, but I cannot rationalize those who wear religion like a new sunday suit.......they disgust me.

Excellent post, Seoat. Then you have Pacedog suggesting voters "repent" for having elected an "ungodly" leader on his ranting thread about how we need to support Israel's attack on Iran. Pathological stupidity is growing in some folks.....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

5Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 6:57 pm

ZVugulum,

The truth is the truth.

6Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 6:59 pm

2seaoat

I have confidence that most Christians will get this right. The problem is that abortion casts a large shadow on morality........but it does not justify voting for evil. Romney was pro choice, yet he flips and flops, and now thinks that his evil will sell with Christians.......There is a real paradox for people of faith........this is not as easy as some try to make it. It is a question of time.....when will the American people realize that the emperor's new clothes do not exist, and that Mitt Romney represents the raw exploitation of the average American, yet they count on our child like innocence not being able to see the difference. I am a staunch Republican who is disgusted. Other good Republicans began speaking up on yesterdays sunday news shows......they simply do not understand the need to lie. There are real policy differences which could allow a reasonable person to vote for Romney, but they are appealing to the lowest rung on the ladder, and the worst in all of us.......they are simply evil, and it will be Republicans voting for Johnson who will turn this nation around......it will take more than four years.......it took 30 years to screw this thing up.

7Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 7:57 pm

NaNook

NaNook

2seaoat wrote:I have confidence that most Christians will get this right. The problem is that abortion casts a large shadow on morality........but it does not justify voting for evil. Romney was pro choice, yet he flips and flops, and now thinks that his evil will sell with Christians.......There is a real paradox for people of faith........this is not as easy as some try to make it. It is a question of time.....when will the American people realize that the emperor's new clothes do not exist, and that Mitt Romney represents the raw exploitation of the average American, yet they count on our child like innocence not being able to see the difference. I am a staunch Republican who is disgusted. Other good Republicans began speaking up on yesterdays sunday news shows......they simply do not understand the need to lie. There are real policy differences which could allow a reasonable person to vote for Romney, but they are appealing to the lowest rung on the ladder, and the worst in all of us.......they are simply evil, and it will be Republicans voting for Johnson who will turn this nation around......it will take more than four years.......it took 30 years to screw this thing up.

Seaoat,

You do know Obama voted 3 times to allow a Doctor to kill a live birth abortion. You know, one Doctor grabbed the feet of the live baby and swung them against a wall. There are pictures online if you want to see them, of live birth, killed babies.

Do you feel all warm and fuzzy about a baby born being killed? It's legal in some states.......It makes me FU+King Sick.......

8Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 9:48 pm

2seaoat

I have never been in favor of Abortion. I also do not want the government by definition putting a woman in jail because of a normal monthly cycle where an egg is lost, or putting a teenage in jail because of a nocturnal emission. The thing is that it was simple when Roman laws developed and the concept of life was after a live birth. In 1973 the court decided to move the line back and drew a line.......it was not correct in the year 100 ad, and it is probably not correct in 2012, but it is government who is making the decision........so I could care less what the politicians think or do......the ultimate morality still remains with a mother......that is the bottom line. You can make all the new lines in the sand you want with your government intervention, but I think the answer lies with the mother of the unborn child. It begins and ends with the mother, and if you want to point fo Obama as being evil because of his Abortion stand, then Romney falls into the same basket...........I think that the old roman practice of an adoption where they would take the adopted child and the adoptive mother would put the child under her dresses and then in symbolic ceremony draw the child from under her dress as if the child was born to the new mother. Now we live in a world where children are frozen in storage units and all the logistics of the simpler world are gone.......and the morality of all of it is not that simple or correct. In the end, it is Sophia's choice, and all the governments and all the Kings men cannot change that choice.....we can simply respect that the process is private and not part of the state apparatus as some line is drawn......that line was drawn forty years ago by men far smarter than myself, and maybe forty years from today it will be redrawn.......but it will still be the mother who faces the moral choice......and if you think government needs to make that choice, well I guess as much as I do not like abortion, we can respectfully disagree.

9Dog Whistle politics Empty Re: Dog Whistle politics 9/3/2012, 10:10 pm

beyond a person's own beliefs and their personal circumstances... it's hard to imagne the desire to decide that for other people. what gives anybody that right in this country? We do not have to believe the same thing or have the same cultural traditions in this country. some things are just none of your damn business. i rarely pipe in on this topic or religion... but using the govt to force your beliefs cuts both ways... it needs to stop.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum