Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

It's going to be an interesting tax season

5 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

It's going to be an interesting tax season - Page 2 Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQmFOJOG8DKSeNBv5ESBp-MOzN0KCBPko0itWcXQm5cGrTBTxo1

Imagine that! Seaoat owns or works for a tax place and has supported the ACA since the beginning.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2RNe2jwHE0

Rolling Eyes

I wonder how much of a cut people dealing in tax services were promised to collect the tax that's not a tax.

2seaoat

Look for those of you which have to deal with the alternative minimum tax, it is 10 fold more complex than this simple form. Turbo tax has rendered this terribly complex alternative minimum tax form into about six simple inputs. We are working smarter as a nation with great software. Please do not think that I am not an advocate for simplification, because terrible subsidy is hidden in complexity, but this forum is just more simple than a taxpayer filling out the child care tax credit form, which software makes it very simple.

Viking has a good understanding of tax issues, but anybody can become an expert with the tools that are available at wal mart for less than a hundred bucks. The software saves taxpayers more than the cost of the software, or what it costs to have another prepare your taxes.

2seaoat

Pace, real people have benefited from ACA. This idea that they are going to get angry because their credit was advanced to them, is like your Rich Uncle giving you some inheritance in monthly payments, and then at tax time getting mad because you have to account for those advances. Folks, the ACA is turning out to be HUGE. This country is moving forward, and health care is so important in people's lives. For those who are afraid and scared all the time, just get somebody to help you. The attempts to create one more boogey man in the closet is simply stupid. Man up.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Viking is mad because she will have to give up some of that giant refund she gets and that means less trips on the Good Times Tours bus to Biloxi. It only makes sense to take back some of what people are getting for free. Everything cannot be a handout

Has anyone heard a projection of the medicaid expansion cost yet? Even the govt numbers added are impressive.

2seaoat

Has anyone heard a projection of the medicaid expansion cost yet? Even the govt numbers added are impressive.

I have not researched projected or actual to date costs. However, I am a strong supporter of health care as a budget priority. I am also a strong supporter of decreasing budgets of military expenditures. I think the art of politics is convincing others of the importance of budget priorities.

KarlRove

KarlRove

Yep always cut guns for butter and get caught with your pants down. You failed history didn't you?

KarlRove

KarlRove

If you remember right only the military got cut in sequestration- to the time of 1 trillion over 10 years.

You 're wrong pace... obama also closed open monuments and parks that were positive cash flow tourist attractions.

2seaoat

Yep always cut guns for butter

We can cut another 25%. It is not a question of butter, it is a question of economic growth without non productive military capital spending. We need to be investing in productive capital tools which improve our GDP and grow our economy. The correlations between military strength and GDP are clear. Pouring precious resources down the rabbit hole of inefficient and unnecessary military spending slows our economic growth.

KarlRove

KarlRove

You can't cut 25 more percent and undergo a recapitalization of the military that is far overdue- air tankers, a new bomber, continued F-35 program( waste of money but we are stuck with it), new submarines,
And a CSar helo as well.

KarlRove

KarlRove

The
Military took all the hits in sequestration.
Other areas can do their share now.

KarlRove

KarlRove

We have enough money for illegals, why not the military? Are illegals going to defend the country ? Nope.

2seaoat

We have enough money for illegals, why not the military? Are illegals going to defend the country ? Nope.

An illegal can be productive and grow the American GDP, a humvee left in Iraq takes from our GDP like a hole in the Titanic. We can easily cut 25% of the budget in the next quarter century and still be the leading military force in the world. Military power is tied to Economic power. We need to grow the economy.

KarlRove

KarlRove

A Humvee left in Iraq creates a job for an American worker to build in order to fill out our stocks of war reserve material gumby. An illegal will be nowhere around an item like that. Really cut what? Are you going to have kids being born today that will fly 1950s tech (B-52) thst
Their great granddad flew or rolling around in 1970s armor (M1A1) that their granddad used in Kuwait in 1991? You won't be around and you don't care what tools the next generation will need.

KarlRove

KarlRove

The economy can't grow because we have eliminated the middle class.

Vikingwoman

KarlRove wrote:Viking is mad because she will have to give up some of that giant refund she gets and that means less trips on the Good Times Tours bus to Biloxi. It only makes sense to take back some of what people are getting for free. Everything cannot be a handout

I don't know why you keep saying stupid things,PD. Again, I don't get a refund. I'm retired. I don't have earned income or get any child tax credits or anything of the kind.You apparently have no clue at all about taxes. Just because you think people should pay for subsidies out of their tax refund doesn't make it so. No, they won't be paying back subsides out of their refund simply because not everyone gets a refund and to make those who do pay back and those who don't... wouldn't be equitable. Tax credits are entirely different than subsidies. They are going to phase out the credits in 2017 anyway.

From the IRS:

"When you file your tax return, you will subtract the total advance payments you received during the year from the amount of the premium tax credit calculated on your tax return. If the premium tax credit computed on the return is more than the advance payments made on your behalf during the year, the difference will increase your refund or lower the amount of tax you owe. If the advance credit payments are more than the premium tax credit, the difference will increase the amount you owe and result in either a smaller refund or a balance due."

Looks like it could go either way - an increase in tax owed or a decrease in tax owed.  It depends on whether your actual income changed (up or down) from the estimate you provided when you signed up for healthcare.

Vikingwoman

Yes, that's what I already said. If you underestimated your income and got a subsidy that was too much you will have to pay the difference back from your refund. What the moron PD is saying is you will have to pay back the whole subsidy if you get tax credits.Not so.

KarlRove

KarlRove

[quote="Vikingwoman"]Yes, that's what I already said. If you underestimated your income and got a subsidy that was too much you will have to pay the difference back from your refund. What the moron PD is saying is you will have to pay back the whole subsidy if you get tax credits.Not so.[/quote

Yep. Hope it slams you when it comes. Can't wait for your change of heart on ACA once you aren't getting something for free.

Vikingwoman

Well, it won't because that's not the way it works. Sorry you hate when people get something for free like healthcare but you sure would like it if it was you. Must be all that christianity in you. Eat it w/ a spoon, schmuck.

KarlRove

KarlRove

It will be hahahahahahahhahahhahash

KarlRove

KarlRove

Pay up
Freeloader

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum