Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

George Romney.....we need him more than ever

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

George Romney was the real deal. I loved this guy in 1968, and I think he is exactly what we need. His son will never come close to filling the shoes of his father. George Romney could look you in the eye and tell the truth.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Face it, Seaoat, the entire Republican platform is built on lies. The Romney campaign has made it a new artform.

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob
Floridatexan wrote:
Face it, Seaoat, the entire Republican platform is built on lies.
Yes it is. Just like the democrat platform.

2seaoat

Exactly! We need to vote for Johnson and send a message to the reactionaries and radicals......The American middle class and Main street Americans come first!

All the spin in the world will not change the fact that Americans are paying about 30% too much for our drugs than the rest of the world, and Obama left this on the table to get the health reform bill passed, and the dark money is pouring into Romney so the rape of America can continue by an Oligarchy which does not even try to hide anymore because they have Americans hoodwinked into thinking that Obama is the enemy......he is just a useful pawn who they are going to try to bury in this election before he can do any harm. Do you think the gridlock in Congress is an accident? Nope, vote for Johnson and start telling both parties that the American people are not going to be fooled again.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan
2seaoat wrote:Exactly! We need to vote for Johnson and send a message to the reactionaries and radicals......The American middle class and Main street Americans come first!

All the spin in the world will not change the fact that Americans are paying about 30% too much for our drugs than the rest of the world, and Obama left this on the table to get the health reform bill passed, and the dark money is pouring into Romney so the rape of America can continue by an Oligarchy which does not even try to hide anymore because they have Americans hoodwinked into thinking that Obama is the enemy......he is just a useful pawn who they are going to try to bury in this election before he can do any harm. Do you think the gridlock in Congress is an accident? Nope, vote for Johnson and start telling both parties that the American people are not going to be fooled again.

You are welcome to throw away your vote on a third-party candidate, or to not vote at all. I'm not doing that. I have voted for Republicans in the past, but I can no longer stomach what's going on in today's GOP. I'm sorry you can't bring yourself to vote for a Democrat incumbent. Obama is not Bush. Romney is nothing at all. And no third-party vote can change that.

2seaoat wrote:George Romney was the real deal. I loved this guy in 1968, and I think he is exactly what we need. His son will never come close to filling the shoes of his father. George Romney could look you in the eye and tell the truth.

Really, George was a "moderate" republican and was born in Mexico. Odd that Trump will attack Obama re the birther issue, when there is a birther issue will George Romney's place of birth.

2seaoat

Actually, his birthplace was an issue in 1968, and was largely responsible for him not going very far in the primary.

Sal

Sal
[quote="BP"]
2seaoat wrote:
Really, George was a "moderate" republican and was born in Mexico. Odd that Trump will attack Obama re the birther issue, when there is a birther issue will George Romney's place of birth.

Not odd at all. Romney's white. Obama's black. That's what the birther thing is all about.

Sal

Sal
Floridatexan wrote:
You are welcome to throw away your vote on a third-party candidate, or to not vote at all. I'm not doing that. I have voted for Republicans in the past, but I can no longer stomach what's going on in today's GOP. I'm sorry you can't bring yourself to vote for a Democrat incumbent. Obama is not Bush. Romney is nothing at all. And no third-party vote can change that.

Great post!

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Floridatexan wrote:

I'll ask forgiveness in advance for posting this link on two threads at the same time but the sentence, "Romney is nothing at all." popped out at me since I just read this article. He represents everything that is wrong with how our tax code and Wall Street function. I don't know how we're going to reform the financial sector when we can't even get 'too big to fail' fixed and Mittens leads the pack when it comes to creative money making/taking schemes.

http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/news/greed-and-debt-the-true-story-of-mitt-romney-and-bain-capital-20120829

2seaoat wrote:Exactly! We need to vote for Johnson and send a message to the reactionaries and radicals......The American middle class and Main street Americans come first!

Vote for Johnson and continue the wrecking of America by Obama.

Floridatexan wrote:

Obama is a jackass.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
I've read several articles and one short book about Mittens life story and they all speak very highly of his father. He was a very honest person with a real desire to be a good public servant.
Mitt seems to have missed a few of the more important lessons. Let's hope the voters see through his shapeshifting exterior.

2seaoat wrote:Actually, his birthplace was an issue in 1968, and was largely responsible for him not going very far in the primary.

Yes and that is why Donald Trump is a jackass hypocrite.

2seaoat

Donald Trumps real estate empire is upside down, and his personalty and his media income is the only thing which is keeping this guy floating in the toilet. If he does not make inflammatory comments and show silly arrogance, he will lose his income, and when it comes to money......he is not a fool. It is all a method to keep him in the media eye, and allow him the cash flow to keep his underwater real estate holdings from once again bringing him into bankruptcy court.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
To me it seems as if the Republican party started going downhill when Gingrich came to town and started the contract with America idea. That's when the "us and them" mentality got going. Then Ralph Reed and Tom Delay and that bunch started pandering to the silent majority AKA evangelicals. Then came Karl Rove and the fire he built under the tea party people coupled with F news and talk radio and here we are at logger-heads.

As I listened to the speeches from the R's convention I couldn't help thinking that the road blocking activities in congress over the last 3 1/2 years of the party of "NO" was all aimed at making sure Romney could stand on that stage and point to a sluggish recovery. And don't tell me that the dems had both houses the first two years because it looks good on paper but you know very well that they blocked so many bills by threatening a filibuster.

Mitch McConnell said his main job was to make sure Obama was a one term president and he's done everything in his power to make that dream come true. It might just come back to bite him and his party though.

It is this Karl Rove, Grover Norquist mindset coupled with the Koch brother's money that threatens any moderate level headed Republican with being "primaried" that is keeping these "independent thinkers" totally in line. They are being walked down the plank into the waiting sharks but they've been tricked into thinking they are the "Don't Tread on Me" guys, what a sad joke this recent political history is.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum