Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

"We Built It" Tuesday's theme for the RNC Convention

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Gloating over their painfully twisted distortion of comments made by President of the United States, Barack Obama, the R's are waving signs announcing "We Built It"!
Keep an eye out for a speaker coming up later tonight one Sher Valenzuela. She's supposed to help develop the "We Built It" theme. I wonder if she'll mention her million dollar government contracts and small business administration loans that helped her build it?


The experience of a small business owner who will be promoted at the Republican National Convention sharply diverges from the right-wing media myth her speech is intended to promote.

On the day that the GOP convention will tout Fox-fueled myth "We Built It" as its primary theme, Delaware Lt. Gov. candidate and small business owner Sher Valenzuela is slated to deliver a speech about small business issues. But contrary to the evening's theme, Valenzuela's company, First State Manufacturing, has received millions of dollars in federal loans and contracts. Valenzuela has not only attributed her success in part to this outside assistance, but urged other small business owners to follow the same strategy of seeking government funds.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/23/how-she-built-it-foxs-rnc-theme-undercut-by-key/189537

Even she didn't build it herself.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Looking at the time gap in posting I'd say we were all watching the speeches at the RNC convention?

What did you think? How did it go?

Guest


Guest
It was difficult watching Ann Romney try to convince us she was just an ordinary American and talk about her husband building his company. My question is if they "roughed it" when he was younger where did he get the money to start his company? Dad maybe?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
skankymoranky wrote:It was difficult watching Ann Romney try to convince us she was just an ordinary American and talk about her husband building his company. My question is if they "roughed it" when he was younger where did he get the money to start his company? Dad maybe?
From what I read Romney didn't start his own business in the true sense of the word. It wasn't a kitchen table or garage sort of thing.

As I understand it he took a job with Boston Consulting Group after completing his joint degree at Harvard in law/business.
Romney then moved to Bain & Company, started by Bill Bain. Bill Bain had the idea to start his own private equity firm, Bain Capital, and asked Romney to head it up.
Does that qualify as starting your own business? Actually, does Romney claim to have done that, start his own business, I don't recall hearing that.

Nekochan

Nekochan
Obama isn't doing so well in the polls. Y'all have good reasons to be worried. Do you think he'll get a bump after his convention?

Approval:43%
Disapproval: 48%

http://www.gallup.com/poll/113980/Gallup-Daily-Obama-Job-Approval.aspx

VectorMan

VectorMan
I like it better than "Hope & Change". Which hasn't really worked like Obama wanted. Remember, he wanted "fundamental change". Thank God he isn't getting THAT.

Vote the bum out. As simple as THAT.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Dave Barry (one of my all-time favorites):

GOP Convention Attempts to Make Mitt Romney Seem Human

http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/08/29/163998/dave-barry-gop-convention-attempts.html

Nekochan

Nekochan
Gotta love Dave Barry!

The protesters were marching on a meandering route, shooting video of each other and chanting “Hey, hey, ho, ho; poverty has got to go.” (It is a proven economic fact that if you chant this enough times, poverty, as we know it, will disappear.)

Read more here: http://www.mcclatchydc.com/2012/08/29/163998/dave-barry-gop-convention-attempts.html#storylink=cpy

boards of FL

boards of FL
Nekochan wrote:Obama isn't doing so well in the polls. Y'all have good reasons to be worried. Do you think he'll get a bump after his convention?

I suspect this election will be wrapped up after the debates.


_________________
I approve this message.

NaNook

NaNook
ABC just fired a Lib, who said, : Romney wanted to drown all niggers.

Mia Love has had her facebook page hijacked, now she is a whore and house nigger.......

You Libs must be so proud........

Guest


Guest
NaNook wrote:ABC just fired a Lib, who said, : Romney wanted to drown all niggers.

Mia Love has had her facebook page hijacked, now she is a whore and house nigger.......

You Libs must be so proud........

Just shows what a bunch of hypocrite that occupy the left. They profess to be all about the black man until one of them leans right then we get to see how the left truly feels about black people. But hey it is a great political strategy, enslave them by giving them free stuff and they will never question the hand that feeds them.

NaNook

NaNook
[quote="alecto"]
NaNook wrote:ABC just fired a Lib, who said, : Romney wanted to drown all niggers.

Mia Love has had her facebook page hijacked, now she is a whore and house nigger.......

You Libs must be so proud........

Just shows what a bunch of hypocrite that occupy the left. They profess to be all about the black man until one of them leans right then we get to see how the left truly feels about black people. But hey it is a great political strategy, enslave them by giving them free stuff and they will never question the hand that feeds them.[/quot

It used to be fun, now, it is that lying SOB Obama, I've got the quotes, clips, etc.

In 2008 Obama said he was about the future......he ruined that..just like Bill Clinton....

Nekochan

Nekochan
What's worse than what the racist Yahoo reporter said (one person from any Party or walk of life can be a racist) is that the other reporters thought what he said was funny.

VectorMan

VectorMan
The left is all about race baiting and double standards, with the joyfully willing help of the liberal media. I know more and more people have got to see through their BS. I mean, what the hell does Obama have to run on?

Guest


Guest
VectorMan wrote:I mean, what the hell does Obama have to run on?

Carefully constructed hate with a heaping helping of lies. And the lunatics will buy it again because they are too lazy and ignorant to think for themselves.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

The entire theme of the convention is based on yet another Romney lie. The Romney camp has basically declared, "We don't need no stinkin' fact checkers"...gotta love that. If the lie is working, why change it? Seeing as how the knuckledraggers believe it?

Guest


Guest
Floridatexan wrote:
If the lie is working, why change it? ?

Right from BHOs play book.

Markle

Markle
othershoe1030 wrote: Gloating over their painfully twisted distortion of comments made by President of the United States, Barack Obama, the R's are waving signs announcing "We Built It"!
Keep an eye out for a speaker coming up later tonight one Sher Valenzuela. She's supposed to help develop the "We Built It" theme. I wonder if she'll mention her million dollar government contracts and small business administration loans that helped her build it?


The experience of a small business owner who will be promoted at the Republican National Convention sharply diverges from the right-wing media myth her speech is intended to promote.

On the day that the GOP convention will tout Fox-fueled myth "We Built It" as its primary theme, Delaware Lt. Gov. candidate and small business owner Sher Valenzuela is slated to deliver a speech about small business issues. But contrary to the evening's theme, Valenzuela's company, First State Manufacturing, has received millions of dollars in federal loans and contracts. Valenzuela has not only attributed her success in part to this outside assistance, but urged other small business owners to follow the same strategy of seeking government funds.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/2012/08/23/how-she-built-it-foxs-rnc-theme-undercut-by-key/189537

Even she didn't build it herself.

Nuff said.

Who was on the hook for those loans if they were not repaid?

Sponsored content


Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum