Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tony Stewart Strikes/Kills Rival Driver

+6
Markle
Joanimaroni
knothead
QueenOfHearts
Floridatexan
Sal
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Accident or intentional?

You be the judge ....

http://deadspin.com/reports-tony-stewart-ran-over-opposing-driver-during-1618893708

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I call that murder. It appears that there was an intentional swerve toward the driver standing in the road...agreed he shouldn't have been standing there, but it sure looks like the hit was intentional.

I think he just locked the wheels up at the last second. From what I heard this morning they were still green flag racing.

Bad ideas fail.

QueenOfHearts

QueenOfHearts

Kind of looks like he was trying to scare him and then the car fish tailed a little. Cannot really tell. Glad he made the decision not to race today.

knothead

knothead

It's Obama'a fault . . . .  Rolling Eyes 

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I would assume there are safety protocols in place, if you have an accident. Surely running into the middle of the track is a direct violation.

Sal

Sal

I've been to one car race in my life. 

In the mid-eighties, I attended the Indy 500. 

I was confused because I couldn't find the parimutuel windows. 

lol

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lol......you have to have a bookie.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I have never been to a NASCAR race, but my sister and her husband made the circuit every year until his health went south...monster motor home with a big popout. Sometimes she even visited me on the way to Daytona.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Initially, Stewart ran Ward off the track. That looked intentional. And maybe he was trying to scare Ward, but at that speed he just killed him.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Tony Stewart Strikes/Kills Rival Driver Bradley

I feel bad for the guy... but that was darwin dumb. He was dressed in black at nite running into traffic on a dirt track.

It looked to me like stewart tapped the breaks when he saw him coming out of that turn ... the rear end kicked out and hit the guy.

But even if he was accelerating that causes a drift turn that pushes the rear end out. No way stewart intentionally hit him.

Sal

Sal

I agree with the "Darwin dumb" aspect, but I'm not ready to say there's no way it was intentional. 

Lots of witnesses are saying Stewart gunned the engine and the car fish tailed into the kid. 

That's what it looks like to me. 

Stewart has been driving for a long time. 

He had to be aware of what would happen when he put the pedal to the metal. 

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:I agree with the "Darwin dumb" aspect, but I'm not ready to say there's no way it was intentional.

Lots of witnesses are saying Stewart gunned the engine and the car fish tailed into the kid.

That's what it looks like to me.

Stewart has been driving for a long time.

He had to be aware of what would happen when he put the pedal to the metal. 

Once again, lots of hateful speculation and no knowledge.  Tony Stewart is one of the best NASCAR drivers.  Not surprising.

Drivers will intentionally trade paint, bump and shove another drivers car.   Dale Earnhardt, Sr. was known for his "aggressive" driving and intentionally taking out another car.  I've seen them go at one another in their cars, go at one another after they get out of their cars, throw their helmet at another car driving by under caution.  I've NEVER seen one driver intentionally swerve at another driver walking on the track.

The drive who was killed did one of the stupidest things possible, especially on a dirt tract.  He obviously was angry but that was just dumb.

From the Sherriff:  At this time there are no criminal charges pending, no evidence to support criminal charges or evidence of criminal negligence and the DA will continue the investigation.

I'll wait until all the facts are in.  It happened only 18 hours old.

My thoughts and prayers go out to the 20 year old driver killed, Kevin Ward, Jr., his family and loved ones.

2seaoat

I'll wait until all the facts are in.

I am curious. What additional facts are you waiting to be disclosed? It was a tragic accident. I do not need somebody to give additional facts. Nobody will be charged with a crime. Nobody will prevail in a civil suit against the driver. Sometimes you even cut and paste responses which make no sense.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:I'll wait until all the facts are in.

I am curious.  What additional facts are you waiting to be disclosed?  It was a tragic accident. I do not need somebody to give additional facts. Nobody will be charged with a crime.  Nobody will prevail in a civil suit against the driver.  Sometimes you even cut and paste responses which make no sense.

It is always good to see you confirm, once again, to us that FACTS, TRUTH and DETAILS are such a bother to you. We know your philosophy is to not bother you with the FACTS and DETAILS, you have already made up your mind.

2seaoat

It is always good to see you confirm, once again, to us that FACTS, TRUTH and DETAILS are such a bother to you. We know your philosophy is to not bother you with the FACTS and DETAILS, you have already made up your mind.

See that is your problem. Some answers do not need further facts or opinions to get to the truth. The truth is self evident. However, please post any change from what I have posted when you get your additional facts. Being able to understand context and facts is not your strong suit.......distortion is your game, but here it is simply a matter of intelligence. Please show me when you get your additional facts how my statement is wrong. A statement which any knowledgeable person would agree....but you keep waiting for Godot.......you probably would enjoy the play.....Beckett wrote it just for you....because you are always waiting for Godot.

Kid wasnt a rival.

2seaoat

Kid wasnt a rival.

He certainly did not control his emotions, and in racing making good choices independent of your emotions makes you successful. A tragic accident and nothing more.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:It is always good to see you confirm, once again, to us that FACTS, TRUTH and DETAILS are such a bother to you. We know your philosophy is to not bother you with the FACTS and DETAILS, you have already made up your mind.

See that is your problem.  Some answers do not need further facts or opinions to get to the truth.  The truth is self evident.  However, please post any change from what I have posted when you get your additional facts.  Being able to understand context and facts is not your strong suit.......distortion is your game, but here it is simply a matter of intelligence.   Please show me when you get your additional facts how my statement is wrong.  A statement which any knowledgeable person would agree....but you keep waiting for Godot.......you probably would enjoy the play.....Beckett wrote it just for you....because you are always waiting for Godot.

I highlighted YOUR WORDS, a direct quote. Allow me to show you again: I do not need somebody to give additional facts.

You love to stir the pot, nothing more. Now you're backpedaling. I am shocked...SHOCKED I SAY!

Tony Stewart Strikes/Kills Rival Driver BackPeddlingViolinist

2seaoat

Again, what additional facts are going to change the obvious. It is not like we did not have eye witnesses and a video. We did. So where are your additional facts?

boards of FL

boards of FL

I wouldn't worry about it, 2seaoat. Markle doesn't even know what the term 'fact' means, much less the phrase "Let's wait for all the facts". He is merely repeating things he has heard adults say - the basic theme of all of his posts here on this forum.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

boards of FL wrote:I wouldn't worry about it, 2seaoat.  Markle doesn't even know what the term 'fact' means, much less the phrase "Let's wait for all the facts".  He is merely repeating things he has heard adults say - the basic theme of all of his posts here on this forum.  

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Markle

Markle

Few things are more pleasant than basking in the warm glow radiated by the hate and vitriol of my Progressive good friends!

Tony Stewart Strikes/Kills Rival Driver BaskingintheWarmth-1

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Was the guy run over black? My guess is it was racism. I bet the cops will cover it up.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum