Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve

+4
Markle
2seaoat
Floridatexan
Sal
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Sal

Sal

Republican senators blocked an election-year bill Wednesday to limit tax breaks for U.S. companies that move operations overseas.

The bill would have prohibited companies from deducting expenses related to moving their operations to a foreign country. It also would have offered tax credits to companies that move operations to the U.S. from a foreign country.

The Senate voted 54-42 to end debate on the bill, six short of the 60 votes needed to advance it. The White House says President Barack Obama supports the legislation.

"Today in the United States, any time an American company closes a factory or plant in America and moves operations to another country, the American taxpayers pick up part of that moving bill," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. "Frankly, a vote against this bill is a vote against American jobs."

Republicans called the bill an election-year stunt. They noted that Democrats tried to pass a similar bill two years ago, right before the last congressional elections.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-blocks-tax-hike-firms-moving-overseas-152102959--finance.html

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

All you have to do is look at who they ran in 2012 and who is the likely frontrunner for 2016...I've seen him called the "comeback kid".

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Romney-gekko

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Mitt-romney-bain

Sal wrote:Republican senators blocked an election-year bill Wednesday to limit tax breaks for U.S. companies that move operations overseas.

The bill would have prohibited companies from deducting expenses related to moving their operations to a foreign country. It also would have offered tax credits to companies that move operations to the U.S. from a foreign country.

The Senate voted 54-42 to end debate on the bill, six short of the 60 votes needed to advance it. The White House says President Barack Obama supports the legislation.

"Today in the United States, any time an American company closes a factory or plant in America and moves operations to another country, the American taxpayers pick up part of that moving bill," said Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid, D-Nev. "Frankly, a vote against this bill is a vote against American jobs."

Republicans called the bill an election-year stunt. They noted that Democrats tried to pass a similar bill two years ago, right before the last congressional elections.

http://news.yahoo.com/gop-blocks-tax-hike-firms-moving-overseas-152102959--finance.html

Let's remind everyone the Senate's party affiliation:

Democrats  - 53
Republicans - 45
Independent - 2

Seems like the Democrats could've passed this - if they wanted to...

2seaoat

Please explain

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRUJ2gZDYfrWruRrN38JdYtUeQnVTGywoKDbRtcXljqkX72TkotzA

Looks like the Democrats have at least eleven traitors... if not more, to me.

Let's see the roll call on how they voted.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=diOuUYcenW0

Very Happy

Markle

Markle

Sal wrote:Republican senators blocked an election-year bill Wednesday to limit tax breaks for U.S. companies that move operations overseas.

As you well know, Democrats are running as fast and as far as they can get from Harry Reid and semi-retired President Barack Hussein Obama.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Another lie from the resident right-wing nutcase. Is that all you have to say on the subject, Markle? Nothing about sedition and treason by Republicans who want to give US jobs away in the name of the bottom line?

Markle

Markle

Floridatexan wrote:
Another lie from the resident right-wing nutcase.  Is that all you have to say on the subject, Markle?  Nothing about sedition and treason by Republicans who want to give US jobs away in the name of the bottom line?

Come on, EVEN YOU know what I say is true.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

<span id="sceditor-start-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span><span id="sceditor-end-marker" class="sceditor-selection sceditor-ignore" style="line-height: 0; display: none;"></span>
Floridatexan wrote:
Another lie from the resident right-wing nutcase.  Is that all you have to say on the subject, Markle?  Nothing about sedition and treason by Republicans who want to give US jobs away in the name of the bottom line?

All the talk over the past few years about Democrats and Obama wanting to destroy the country when all along it has been the Republicans and their damn multinational corporations that had the country in their cross-hairs!

Tax loopholes don't bother them because they increase profits and reduce government revenue. Reduced revenue means (they think) smaller government, which they love. The blockage of this bill just proves (if there were any doubt left in anyones mind) whose side they are on.

They really don't care about the debt or a budget more in line with revenue. They just want to starve the government into a useless mass except, of course for the part that doles out defense contracts.

2seaoat

The racist hate stirred to the fullest against the Black President is sedition at its worse. People are willing to hurt America to attempt to make a black President look bad.....he only gets stronger, and the traitors are becoming ever so more obvious. 2016 is going to be a slaughter, and then there will be a white president and the hate will just not be able to create enough smoke for the American people not to see how America was stolen.......lock, stock, and barrel.......but the good guys will fix this mess.....just a matter of time.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:The racist hate stirred to the fullest against the Black President is sedition at its worse.  People are willing to hurt America to attempt to make a black President look bad.....he only gets stronger, and the traitors are becoming ever so more obvious.  2016 is going to be a slaughter, and then there will be a white president and the hate will just not be able to create enough smoke for the American people not to see how America was stolen.......lock, stock, and barrel.......but the good guys will fix this mess.....just a matter of time.

That's a very interesting observation about the R's not having the race issue to use as distraction after Obama leaves office. It may clear the atmosphere as you suggest and people might look around and notice that they are or have been screwed.

Maybe efforts to pass legislation that would correct the Citizens United ruling will be successful and we can start to turn things around?

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT7j8Y6UMBpAlIDAiqd8PbGB787e6Q2H4GO_Jnz0_sGZV245Zzh

Nope! Obama, Hilary, Biden, Pelosi, etc... It won't matter to me.

It's a liberal method issue to me.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nkGU6IDBOZQ

Smile 

polecat

polecat

If only we’d defund the EPA, we wouldn’t even have to hear about this water problem in Ohio.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

polecat wrote:If only we’d defund the EPA, we wouldn’t even have to hear about this water problem in Ohio.

Now you're talkin'! LOL good one.

Sal

Sal

Hilarious, except for the fact that there are a few posters on this forum who actually believe that crock of shit.

Invisible hand and all, don't cha know?

boards of FL

boards of FL

colaguy wrote:
Let's remind everyone the Senate's party affiliation:

Democrats  - 53
Republicans - 45
Independent - 2

Holy shit you suck at math.  

I cringe knowing that people like this may actually vote.

boards of FL

boards of FL

The vote breakdown:  http://www.opencongress.org/vote/2014/s/249

Aye:

Democrat - 51
Independent - 2
Republican - 1

Nay:
Democrat - 1
Republican - 41

Not voting:

Democrat - 1
Republican - 3

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

People are willing to hurt America to attempt to make a black President look bad.....

I imagine even some of them would even delight in another mass-killing terrorist event on American soil just to prove their point.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:People are willing to hurt America to attempt to make a black President look bad.....

I imagine even some of them would even delight in another mass-killing terrorist event on American soil just to prove their point.

Are you kidding me?

Markie and PeeDawg would be on that like stink on shit.

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQpdGNVpMQRnJDCkybuyV2oh0k48GqBY4uYk4Lrq7jROxO21eRT

So according to Sal and Boards the senate voted to end debate on the bill, and 53 Democrats voted yes to do so, and it's all the Republicans fault.

Am I missing something here?

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q9Yhq1EwO5E

Smile 

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:Am I missing something here?

Yes. You're missing a fundamental grasp on how the senate works.

boards of FL wrote:

Yes.  You're missing a fundamental grasp on how the senate works.  

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgmjBfneKQhQmsWmijMxes0sLYHZte2uUXR-dPt8Szj8oKLIWb

I know how the senate works. I also know what you and Sal have said so far.

Therefore it's all the Democrats fault as to why the bill was laid to rest according to the two of you.

After all according to the two of you 51 Dem's voted to end the debate.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ah7sWtnOJvQ

Twisted Evil

boards of FL

boards of FL

Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

Just a Little Reminder of Who the Repukes Serve Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTgmjBfneKQhQmsWmijMxes0sLYHZte2uUXR-dPt8Szj8oKLIWb

Therefore it's all the Democrats fault as to why the bill was laid to rest according to the two of you.

*****CHUCKLE*****

Twisted Evil

Here in this very comment, you are leaving absolutely no doubt at all that you haven't the slightest clue how the senate works.

I'm beginning to understand how the tea partiers got elected in the first place.

Sal

Sal

boards of FL wrote:
Damaged Eagle wrote:
boards of FL wrote:

*****CHUCKLE*****

Twisted Evil

Here in this very comment, you are leaving absolutely no doubt at all that you haven't the slightest clue how the senate works.

I'm beginning to understand how the tea partiers got elected in the first place.

Awwwww, shit.

That's funny as hell.

I'm gonna have to take him off ignore to watch him flail away.

rotflmao

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum