Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prius good deal

+2
2seaoat
TEOTWAWKI
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Prius good deal Empty Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 12:54 am

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/4528963397.html

Prius good deal 00Q0Q_j2FTfzDg5Ms_600x450

2Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 10:35 am

2seaoat

Just took the 2010 Prius for the first time to the Toyota dealer to have work done and we gave them a list of work we thought would be necessary. We told them to put new brake pads on the car after 107k miles and driving for four years and seven months, new spark plugs which are supposed to be installed at 120k, a new auxillary battery, and change the trans oil.

They came back and said the brakes are in great shape and need no work. They tested the trans fluid and it does not need a change, put the battery in even though it was fine, and did agree that the plugs needed replacement before 120k. We drove this car for almost five years and other than routine oil changes, we have spent about $400 for other maintenance, and we had to buy a new set of tires.

If you go to any major city now, you will see the entire taxi cab fleets going to about 40% of the Prius as taxis. They are getting 400k maintenance free service, and incredible operations costs.

I do not know the used Prius market prices, but I would not even be worried about the main battery because they now have battery service places for hybrids where they test the thirty or so component battery modules, and replace only the failed ones........pennies to the dollar savings and longer life on the main battery. There simply has never been a car manufactured and available for the average American which compares to the Prius.

3Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 11:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Just took the 2010 Prius for the first time to the Toyota dealer to have work done and we gave them a list of work we thought would be necessary.   We told them to put new brake pads on the car after 107k miles and driving for four years and seven months, new spark plugs which are supposed to be installed at 120k, a new auxillary battery, and change the trans oil.

They came back and said the brakes are in great shape and need no work.  They tested the trans fluid and it does not need a change, put the battery in even though it was fine, and did agree that the plugs needed replacement before 120k.   We drove this car for almost five years and other than routine oil changes, we have spent about $400 for other maintenance, and we had to buy a new set of tires.

If you go to any major city now, you will see the entire taxi cab fleets going to about 40% of the Prius as taxis.  They are getting 400k maintenance free service, and incredible operations costs.  

I do not know the used Prius market prices, but I would not even be worried about the main battery because they now have battery service places for hybrids where they test the thirty or so component battery modules, and replace only the failed ones........pennies to the dollar savings and longer life on the main battery.   There simply has never been a car manufactured and available for the average American which compares to the Prius.

Seaoat...I have a 2005 Honda. I have had to replace the  battery once, replace the wipers blades once, and I replaced the tires a couple of months ago...... other than routine oil changes it has required nothing mechanical. 

I do, however, have a close relationship with Bayside body works. When I call...the routine question is, "what did you back into?"

4Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 11:31 am

2seaoat

I have never had a vehicle go 107k miles and not need brakes. I just do not get it. Our battery was fine, but it was almost five years old, and with a Prius if the battery goes dead it is hard getting into the vehicle and the battery is not an easy change if you are in a hurry, and with our luck it would happen in the winter now that we are in a cold state changing a battery in the snow is not my idea of a good time.

I fully expect to put between 250 and 300k miles on this vehicle with our driving habits, and if we drive it 300k we can buy a new one from the savings on our old car which only got 17 miles to the gallon. When oil goes to $200 a barrel in the next year, the savings will even be greater. I now can see why Prius owners are almost like a cult.

5Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 5:36 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

2seaoat wrote:I have never had a vehicle go 107k miles and not need brakes.  I just do not get it.  

All electric vehicles and hybrids benefit from this because they employ regenerative braking which permits them to go a lot more miles before wearing out the brake pads and rotors.
When you step on the brakes in your Prius,  the motor becomes a generator (which charges the battery).  Part of the kinetic energy (and heat) which would all be absorbed by the brake pads in a gas engine only vehicle,  is absorbed by the motor/generator.  So the brake pads don't get the wear they would without regenerative braking.

6Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 5:50 pm

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://pensacola.craigslist.org/cto/4528963397.html

Prius good deal 00Q0Q_j2FTfzDg5Ms_600x450

Is that a good price for a 61/2 yr. old car w/ 163,000 miles on it?

7Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 6:00 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Blue book for that car.....in excellent condition is $8200.

8Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 6:03 pm

I was gonna say man,that seems like a lot.

9Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 6:26 pm

My niece loves hers... and it's still running perfectly. She backed into something the other day tho and the front airbags went off. Not sure what that will cost... likely not cheap. But they are nice cars... I researched extensively before I got it... even loved playing with all of the buttons driving it home... which was a little distracting... lol.

10Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 6:36 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thank goodness my airbags don't go off with my back up mishaps.   Sad

11Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 7:01 pm

2seaoat

They probably were taken out when you took it in for repairs......real problem with people getting in accidents only to find somebody has taken their air bags and sold them............I cannot imagine an air bag inflating unless there was a hard rear accident. I feel safe when I am in the Prius because of the side air bags and the great safety features. The truth is cars are just getting better with each generation, and I heard on the radio google is ready on their driverless car.

12Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 7:20 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:They probably were taken out when you took it in for repairs......real problem with people getting in accidents only to find somebody has taken their air bags and sold them............I cannot imagine an air bag inflating unless there was a hard rear accident.   I feel safe when I am in the Prius because of the side air bags and the great safety features.   The truth is cars are just getting better with each generation, and I heard on the radio google is ready on their driverless car.
No, not at Bayside; the owners are great. I prefer reputable companies.

13Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 10:02 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Now that the Chevy Volt has proven itself to be really well engineered and reliable,  I'm starting to look for a used late model with low mileage.  I've decided I want to go from a hybrid to a plug-in hybrid.  I'm tired of giving my money to those evil filthy saudi sheiks who financed the 9/11 hijackers and other fat cat ragheads.
I'll be able to do about 90% of my driving on electric and will be giving my money to Gulf Power instead.

14Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 10:15 pm

2seaoat

My friend who bought a Volt went three months of daily driving and never filled his tank up. His driving patterns work great for the Volt. He says it is the best car he has ever owned. I drive over 60 miles a day and actually get better average mileage on a busy day of driving than I do with the Volt. It will not be long until plug ins rule. I saw two Nissan Leafs for the second time this past week. The first time was three months ago, and again two plug ins next to each other in traffic.

15Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 11:01 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

For most car owners (including me), the Leaf would be purely a 2nd car since it cannot go more than about 75 miles before needing a 4-hour recharge.
Plus it costs $15,000 for Nissan to produce the huge 24 kWh traction battery so if it craps it's going to cost half the price of the whole new car to replace it.
Electric only vehicles are not ready for primetime.

I'm looking for a Volt because Fox News has told so many lies about it that it's helping me get it cheaper.  I'm hoping and praying they will keep lying because every time they do it brings the priced of used ones down a little more.

http://www.extremetech.com/extreme/120145-chevy-volt-battery-life-fail-or-fox-news-fail-somebody-has-the-math-wrong

16Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 11:11 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Volt-5dr-HB-1-Owner-Local-Trade-Bluetooth-100mpg-liftime-remote-start-We-Finance-trade-/171360913129?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27e5e806e9&item=171360913129&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
Details about 20120000 Chevrolet Volt 5dr HB
1 Owner Local Trade Bluetooth 100mpg liftime remote start We Finance & trade!

Used
Time left:
3d 12h (Jun 24, 2014 08:23:21 PDT)
Current bid:
US $12,100.00
Reserve not met
[ 18 bids
]

Prius good deal $_4

17Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/20/2014, 11:44 pm

2seaoat

The volt is kicking butt. I am seeing them everywhere. The world is changing.

I mean we had three Azteks before breaking bad made them cool, they were considered the ugliest car in America, which really worked for us picking up solid cars new on the cheap, and the Volt is getting many followers who love them.

18Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 12:30 am

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chevrolet-Volt-5dr-HB-1-Owner-Local-Trade-Bluetooth-100mpg-liftime-remote-start-We-Finance-trade-/171360913129?forcerrptr=true&hash=item27e5e806e9&item=171360913129&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Have one to sell? Sell it yourself
Details about  20120000 Chevrolet Volt 5dr HB
1 Owner Local Trade Bluetooth 100mpg liftime remote start We Finance & trade!

Used
Time left:
3d 12h (Jun 24, 2014 08:23:21 PDT)
Current bid:
US $12,100.00
Reserve not met
[ 18 bids
]

Here's four 2012's with similiar mileage and the asking on all four is just under $20k. I'll keep an eye on this one. If it goes for much less than the $20k I may be a prospect on it.

http://www.cars.com/for-sale/searchresults.action?dlId=&dgId=&AmbMkNm=Chevrolet&AmbMdNm=Volt&AmbMkId=20053&AmbMdId=35025&searchSource=ADVANCED_SEARCH&rd=100000&zc=32503&uncpo=2&cpo=&stkTyp=U&VType=&mkId=20053&mdId=35025&alMdId=35025&alMkId=20053&prMn=&prMx=20000&clrId=&yrMn=2012&yrMx=2012&drvTrnId=&mlgMn=&mlgMx=30000&transTypeId=&kw=&kwm=ANY&ldId=&rpp=50&slrTypeId=

19Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 5:37 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Prius good deal $_4

The Volt is a damn good looking 4-door sedan.
GM threw everything into it. Technology, style, reliability all of it. If Steve Loots had been in the car business it's what he would have made.
And all under the direction of an automotive legend named Bob Lutz. Lutz is the modern day version of Harley Earl.
But unfortunately Sean Hannity and Eric Bolling and Bill O'Reilly have no clue.
It's all just obama and communism at work. lol

20Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 5:46 pm

Bob wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:

Prius good deal $_4

The Volt is a damn good looking 4-door sedan.
GM threw everything into it.  Technology,  style, reliability all of it.  If Steve Loots had been in the car business it's what he would have made.
And all under the direction of an automotive legend named Bob Lutz.  Lutz is the modern day version of Harley Earl.  
But unfortunately Sean Hannity and Eric Bolling and Bill O'Reilly have no clue.
It's all just obama and communism at work.   lol

I don't think either of those cars are attractive. They all look the same.

The subsidies the tax payers have funded for these so called high mileage cars hasn't been worth it.

Again, these cars are not attractive and I find it hard to believe that MEN find these cars attractive vehicles for themselves.

I would imagine a car like those would be one of those things a man says, my wife made me do it.

21Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 5:53 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Prius good deal Corvette1
MPG EPA Combined city/hwy

city

highway" />

Last edited by TEOTWAWKI on 6/21/2014, 5:57 pm; edited 1 time in total

22Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 5:57 pm

2seaoat

I would imagine a car like those would be one of those things a man says, my wife made me do it.

People with a small penis definitely think that way.......I belonged to a country club where I can certify the generality of little wee wees and fancy car is not a myth.

23Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 6:01 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Well some folks just like primitive sound and beautiful lines and Lightning acceleration but then again it is a penis pump.

24Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 6:08 pm

Hospital Bob

Hospital Bob

Folks folks folks.  As I already said,  it's a goddamn 4-door sedan.  Not every automobile is a Ferrari and not every car owner wants a Ferrari.  That's why there are things called 4-door sedans.

So tell me which other 4-door sedan is so much more aesthetically pleasing than this Volt.

25Prius good deal Empty Re: Prius good deal 6/21/2014, 6:22 pm

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Prius good deal ?u=http%3A%2F%2Fecomodder.com%2Fblog%2Fwp-content%2Fuploads%2F2008%2F10%2F10-25-08-tesla_model_s

Testla 4 door..

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum