Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. Healthcare system ranks dead last

+4
Floridatexan
no stress
TEOTWAWKI
dumpcare
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

dumpcare

http://www.benefitspro.com/2014/06/16/us-health-care-system-ranks-dead-last?eNL=53a08585160ba08c033e54be&utm_source=BenefitsBrokerPro&utm_medium=eNL&utm_campaign=BenefitsPro_eNLs&_LID=80597255

Despite having the most expensive health care system, the United States ranks dead last in the quality of its health care system when compared with 10 other western, industrialized nations, according to new analysis out Monday.

It’s the fifth consecutive time the United States has ranked last by reports ranking health care by the Commonwealth Fund. While other countries compared in the analysis have improved over the last decade, the U.S. has not, keeping with its lowest performance, while also spending far more on health care costs per person than any other country.

The United States spent $8,508 per person on health care in 2011, compared with $3,406 in the United Kingdom, which ranked first overall. It’s also significantly higher than Norway, who spent the second most on health care, at $5,669.
“It is disappointing, but not surprising, that despite our significant investment in health care, the U.S. has continued to lag behind other countries,” said the report’s lead author Karen Davis, a health researcher at the Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health.

Other countries that were ranked in the study include Australia, Canada, France, Germany, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Sweden and Switzerland.

America’s ranking is “dragged down substantially by deficiencies in access to primary care and inequities and inefficiencies in our health care system,” researchers said.

The report found that the U.S. ranked last on measures such as infant mortality, preventable deaths, access to care based on affordability, efficiency and equity.

Specifically, the report found:

The U.S. ranks last on every measure of cost-related access. More than one-third (37 percent) of U.S. adults reported forgoing a recommended test, treatment or follow-up care because of cost.
The U.S ranks last in efficiency, due to low marks on the time and dollars spent dealing with insurance administration, lack of communication among health care providers and duplicative medical testing. Forty percent of U.S. adults who had visited an emergency room said they could have been treated by a regular doctor, had one been available; that’s more than double the rate of patients in the U.K. (16 percent).
About four of 10 adults with below-average incomes in the U.S. reported a medical problem but didn't visit a doctor in the past year because of costs, compared with less than one of 10 in the U.K., Sweden, Canada, and Norway.
Data for the 2014 report was collected before the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act, so that the effects of the law may help boost America’s ranking in coming years, researchers said.

“The U.S. performance on insurance coverage and access to care should begin to improve, particularly for low-income Americans,” Davis said. “[PPACA is] expanding the availability and quality of primary care, which should help all Americans have better care and better health outcomes at lower cost.”

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Gasp !

U.S. Healthcare system ranks dead last Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTOMnRSVtmjuQPWGfDVX6xulINNCW1JYDjIqC4pWmAB514rwmPF

A couple three trillion dollars of taxpayer money will turn that right around and make the system much more progressive.

*****CHUCKLE*****

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAD6Obi7Cag

Very Happy 

awe, a left wing group does a survey on how much we spend on healthcare and all of a sudden we have poor healthcare instead of just expensive healthcare, two different things might I add.

People love to go to the doctor in this country, especially to get pain pills.

But I have a idea. Why don't we get rid of our healthcare system and let the mother fucking politicians and insurance salesmen wipe your asses.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Chrissy I don't think too many people begrudge the actual care givers and support techs. It's those damned CEOs and administrators that make such a killing poorly running hospital services to maximize their profits.

dumpcare

Ti wrote:awe, a left wing group does a survey on how much we spend on healthcare and all of a sudden we have poor healthcare instead of just expensive healthcare, two different things might I add.

But I have a idea. Why don't we get rid of our healthcare system and let the mother fucking politicians and insurance salesmen wipe your asses.

Not a left wing group:

The Commonwealth Fund is a private nonpartisan foundation that supports independent research on health and social issues and makes grants to improve ...

dumpcare

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Chrissy I don't think too many people begrudge the actual care givers and support techs. It's those damned CEOs and administrators that make such a killing poorly running hospital services to maximize their profits.

You're correct the actual care giver's and support techs are needed and throw in those CEO's of health insurance company's.

ppaca wrote:
Ti wrote:awe, a left wing group does a survey on how much we spend on healthcare and all of a sudden we have poor healthcare instead of just expensive healthcare, two different things might I add.

Not a left wing group:

The Commonwealth Fund is a private nonpartisan foundation that supports independent research on health and social issues and makes grants to improve ...

non partisan LOL, sorry. Left wing partisan hack.

Former Obama Adviser Chosen As Commonwealth Fund President

http://capsules.kaiserhealthnews.org/index.php/2012/07/former-obama-adviser-chosen-as-commonwealth-fund-president/

you might want to read his bio.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/David_Blumenthal

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Chrissy I don't think too many people begrudge the actual care givers and support techs. It's those damned CEOs and administrators that make such a killing poorly running hospital services to maximize their profits.

right, because its a damn terrible thing to pay someone who runs a 500 bed hospital a million dollars which is higher than what most make but then again we are going to defend that we demand freedom to have supply and demand systems. Capping a persons income isn't freedom.

and even if we added all the hospital ceos salaries together it wouldn't be shit.

bac to this. this story isn't dissing ceos, its dissing healthcare. and whats worse about it is its implying our health CARE is bad then measures with MONEY.

I guess no one sees those two factors don't mesh but me.

oh well. when you eat your cake and get a belly ache, call your local politician.

no stress

no stress

ppaca wrote:

Not a left wing group:

Nobody is non partisan....hate to break the news to you brutha

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ti wrote:

right, because its a damn terrible thing to pay someone who runs a 500 bed hospital a million dollars which is higher than what most make but then again we are going to defend that we demand freedom to have supply and demand systems. Capping a persons income isn't freedom.

and even if we added all the hospital ceos salaries together it wouldn't be shit.

bac to this. this story isn't dissing ceos, its dissing healthcare. and whats worse about it is its implying our health CARE is bad then measures with MONEY.

oh well. when you eat your cake and get a belly ache, call your local politician.

Well Chrissy a dog once got hold of my calf muscle and started chewing....I was angry with the whole dog and didn't just cuss his teeth....If you are associated with a dog you may get the blame for what the teeth are doing.

TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ti wrote:

Well Chrissy a dog once got hold of my calf muscle and started chewing....I was angry with the whole dog and didn't just cuss his teeth....If you are associated with a dog you may get the blame for what the teeth are doing.

Sure. I'll remember that analogy in the future so I can also make broad brushing statements.

Because seriously teo, this article isn't about how much CEO's make again.

Their salary in the scheme of things is very small. But it a nice warm fuzzy feeling im sure to place blame and use class warfare as a tool to promote your agenda.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Ti wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:
Ti wrote:

Sure. I'll remember that analogy in the future so I can also make broad brushing statements.

Because seriously teo, this article isn't about how much CEO's make again.

Their salary in the scheme of things is very small. But it a nice warm fuzzy feeling im sure to place blame and use class warfare as a tool to promote your agenda.

My Agenda ?...In my world people would eat right, drink responsibly, exercise enough and doctors would set bones and stitch wounds and prescribe natural medicines to promote health and healing. and yes people would die from cancer and other maladies without outrageously expensive treatments....

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

One might wish that a person engaged in delivering health care have a minimum of a high school education. Sadly, that appears not to be the case.

Floridatexan wrote:

One might wish that a person engaged in delivering health care have a minimum of a high school education.  Sadly, that appears not to be the case.

Maybe you could contribute something to the threads. The last two post from you were direct personal attacks on me. Is it your turn now?

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.
-Frederic Bastiat, French Economist (1801-1850)

TEOTWAWKI wrote:Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

perfect. give them more ideas, now they will want to live like the French. Oh wait most of them already do. I hear lots of liberals don't shave or wear deodorant just like the French don't lol

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

On that point, I will agree with you wholeheartedly...and it's not just the health profession that's suffering from this syndrome...we'll call it that to explain rampant greed and ego. My daughter is thinking of quitting her job because of: 1) patient overload, 2) a lot of extraneous paperwork that makes the hospital look good but places an undue burden on the nurses, 3) her long hours are making her family life difficult, and 4) she had this stupid idea that she should spend time as a nurse actually interacting with patients, trying to calm their fears and listen to their concerns...what she thinks nursing should be about, beyond the actual taking temps, BP's, dispensing meds, and the other fun stuff that nurses get to do.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ti wrote:
TEOTWAWKI wrote:Government is the great fiction, through which everybody endeavors to live at the expense of everybody else.

perfect. give them more ideas, now they will want to live like the French. Oh wait most of them already do. I hear lots of liberals don't shave or wear deodorant just like the French don't lol

I take your references to "liberals" as direct personal attacks. I really don't give a damn if I offend you. I find you narrow minded, bigoted, and ignorant.

Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:

I take your references to "liberals" as direct personal attacks.  I really don't give a damn if I offend you.  I find you narrow minded, bigoted, and ignorant.

Oh so every post you make against non liberals I can also take as a direct attack on me, as well as the actual direct attacks LOL

And I find you boring, more narrow minded and again boring. Really, there's not much worse than being boring on a forum.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Ti wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:

I take your references to "liberals" as direct personal attacks.  I really don't give a damn if I offend you.  I find you narrow minded, bigoted, and ignorant.

Oh so every post you make against non liberals I can also take as a direct attack on me, as well as the actual direct attacks LOL

And I find you boring, more narrow minded and again boring. Really, there's not much worse than being boring on a forum.

Again, knock your self out. You don't bother me. People who have a brain might bother me if we disagreed, and I often enjoy the debate here, but that's not the case with you. You're just dumb.

Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:

Again, knock your self out.  You don't bother me.  People who have a brain might bother me if we disagreed, and I often enjoy the debate here, but that's not the case with you.  You're just dumb.

I really don't see you in much debate FT. What I see is occasionally you'll post these VERY LONG articles with either no commentary of your own or very little. And you often reply with another VERY LONG copy and paste LOL

Are you sure it was your turn to be the chrissy chaser? Its not the end of the month. You really need to wait your turn. LOL

Floridatexan wrote:
Ti wrote:

That's all? Don't forget she lives w/ an alien too. Can we say bipolarmama?

Markle

Markle

Before you make that statement, you need to check to see how many of our hospitals are NON-PROFIT. You may be surprised.

TEOTWAWKI

TEOTWAWKI

Markle wrote:

Before you make that statement, you need to check to see how many of our hospitals are NON-PROFIT.  You may be surprised.

It's easy to make a hospital non profit..you just pay the Administrators any extra profit...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum