Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Legitmate Rape?

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/27/2012, 11:26 pm

knothead

knothead
[quote="newswatcher"]
othershoe1030 wrote:"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

Well, I'm wondering how this latest statement from Ms. Saul will be received by the far right wing of the far right party?

The party that says it stands for keeping the government out of our personal lives just loves to intrude on the lives of women via their extreme anti-abortion policies. isWill their Limbaugh led voters agree with exempting the victims of rapreate (eylegitimate or not) from the strict antiabortion stance?
[/d quote]
This is a great example of the hypocrisy/stupidity....When someone linked to the campaign of the COWH made an idiotic statement about Mrs Romney and the COWH/Campaign distanced after a furor in the media/polls...we were expected to simply move on no questions....Now with these idiotic statements by a republican that should step aside the COWH campaign is immediately attempting to link Romney to these statements even though his campaign immediately disapproved without a poll or furor in the media...This is the media and the campaign of the COWH being in the gutter...You got a problem with Limbaugh...let him express his opinions over the remarks and he's not the party leader and was/is lukewarm towards Romney so that should even make liberals happy...If Limbaugh or anyone else agrees with Rep Todd....then they are also IDIOTS....Plain enough?

In the name of clarity, what Mr. Akin said is an accurate description of the official Republican Party position and it is also an official part of the GOP platform. Further, Congressman Ryan co sponsored a bill using the term forcible rape. Now, however, they are all attempting to distance themselves from these conflicting positions in the hope that women will not understand what these current Republicans actually stand for. The only notable Republican that has come to Mr. Akin's defense is Mike Huckabee who is riding the conservative bandwagon with hopes of running for POTUS in 2016.

27Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/27/2012, 11:28 pm

knothead

knothead
TEOTWAWKI wrote:I don't even think the Nazis would kill a child for the sins of it's father.......

Nothing is more telling than a group of old white men telling women what to do with their personal decisions . . . . so much for getting government out of our business.

28Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/28/2012, 10:18 am

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/paul-slansky-/paul-ryan-said-something-_b_1832377.html?utm_hp_ref=fb&src=sp&comm_ref=false

29Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/28/2012, 2:42 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Well, how transparent can it be?! The main stream press, in the pocket of the Obama administration OBVIOUSLY is not publicizing Ryan's position on this subject.

They want to let the ugly cat out of the bag AFTER he's irrevocably on the ticket and can really sink the R's ship! LOL! Think chess, not checkers?

Interestingly, last week R's were saying that pregnancy couldn't take place during rape and now they say it is another method. They can't even make up their minds on this!

30Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/28/2012, 3:29 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
How is what Ryan said a problem?

Do y'all think that a baby conceived by the act of rape is evil or is not a real human being?

31Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/28/2012, 8:55 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Nekochan wrote:How is what Ryan said a problem?

Do y'all think that a baby conceived by the act of rape is evil or is not a real human being?

You have done a good job of framing the question. No the fertilized egg is not a person. I think the courts have been clear about that so far.

But isn't it odd though that the desires or "rights" the rapist as well as the accidental fertilized egg both trump the rights of the victim, the girl or woman unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

When do her rights come into play, after she's carried the fetus for 9 months and her husband has suffered through the whole ordeal? It is not useful to consider these questions in unrealistic isolation. Even Mississippi has rejected the so called "personhood" argument, twice.

32Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 9:40 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
othershoe1030 wrote:

You have done a good job of framing the question. No the fertilized egg is not a person. I think the courts have been clear about that so far.

But isn't it odd though that the desires or "rights" the rapist as well as the accidental fertilized egg both trump the rights of the victim, the girl or woman unfortunate enough to be in the wrong place at the wrong time?

When do her rights come into play, after she's carried the fetus for 9 months and her husband has suffered through the whole ordeal? It is not useful to consider these questions in unrealistic isolation. Even Mississippi has rejected the so called "personhood" argument, twice.

Do you think that a 9 month old viable fetus is not a human being? Or a 7 month viable fetus? Is that just a blob too? It is interesting the way you talk about a baby as if it's just a little blob of nothing up until the time of birth. Why would a rape victim who has decided that she does NOT want to give birth to the baby conceived by rape carry a BABY for 9 months when she could have 1. taken a morning after pill or 2. gotten a first trimester abortion? You make no sense with your argument. Is there ANY Republican in office who has spoken against the morning after pill being available to rape victims? Most Republicans do not oppose an early term abortion in the case or rape or for the health of the mother.

In my opinion, convicted rapists should be locked up FOREVER.

33Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 10:23 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030
Nekochan wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

Do you think that a 9 month old viable fetus is not a human being? Or a 7 month viable fetus? Is that just a blob too? It is interesting the way you talk about a baby as if it's just a little blob of nothing up until the time of birth. Why would a rape victim who has decided that she does NOT want to give birth to the baby conceived by rape carry a BABY for 9 months when she could have 1. taken a morning after pill or 2. gotten a first trimester abortion? You make no sense with your argument. Is there ANY Republican in office who has spoken against the morning after pill being available to rape victims? Most Republicans do not oppose an early term abortion in the case or rape or for the health of the mother.

In my opinion, convicted rapists should be locked up FOREVER.
I think the conditions of the woman and remedies to deal with them should be between her and her doctor. Roe v Wade's provisions should remain available.
Reports have come out that some women in Texas are going to Mexico in search of medication to end unwanted pregnancies. This is putting the woman's health at risk since these medications are unproven. Each state is trying in its own way to shut down women's health care clinics so we have a patchwork of services.
I'm in favor of anything that reduces unwanted pregnancies, available birth control and sex ed.
Something to consider about the pro-birth movement is that as long as we are stuck in this debate we're not putting into place solutions that would actually reduce the need for dealing with unwanted pregnancies.

It would be much more beneficial to all concerned if we concentrated on those solutions instead of wringing our hands over (and butting the government into) a very private matter that should be dealt with in the doctors office, not in state legislatures.
For a group that says it stands for individual responsibility and "liberty" they sure don't hesitate to want to micromanage the wombs of women.

34Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 2:26 pm

polecat

polecat
If it's a person how come I could not claim them on my taxes?

35Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 2:35 pm

NaNook

NaNook
Floridatexan wrote:
NaNook wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:"Governor Romney and Congressman Ryan disagree with Mr. Akin’s statement, and a Romney-Ryan administration would not oppose abortion in instances of rape," said Romney spokeswoman Andrea Saul.

Well, I'm wondering how this latest statement from Ms. Saul will be received by the far right wing of the far right party?

The party that says it stands for keeping the government out of our personal lives just loves to intrude on the lives of women via their extreme anti-abortion policies. Will their Limbaugh led voters agree with exempting the victims of rape (legitimate or not) from the strict antiabortion stance?

I wonder how a woman who spreads her legs can blame a man for her lack of control over her body. Remember, women want control over their bodies....close your legs..

You want some more?

How many times has Statutary Rape been used to trap MEN???

Down South it was common from 60-70, at least the Child had a DADDY.

I didn't realize there were still dinosaurs in the South. What an ignorant comment.

Your lack of "smarts" is no big deal. I can use big words, if you need them? You and your kind move down here and try to convert us? Why? I love fishing, hunting,camping, etc.

You can't change my family, move back north, pay taxes, and change your government.

36Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 2:46 pm

Nekochan

Nekochan
polecat wrote:If it's a person how come I could not claim them on my taxes?

So a baby is not a person one day before he's born? Is that what you're saying? Just because of the IRS?

37Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/29/2012, 3:28 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Honey, you should have filed Articles of Incorporation!

38Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/30/2012, 9:22 am

polecat

polecat
Nekochan wrote:

So a baby is not a person one day before he's born? Is that what you're saying? Just because of the IRS?

YES

39Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/30/2012, 10:24 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
polecat wrote:
Nekochan wrote:

YES

You might take the IRS as gospel on that, but most state criminal codes disagree.

40Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/30/2012, 11:53 am

polecat

polecat
I'm sorry I was wrong...
life begins when the daddy/rapist gets a twinkle in his eye?

41Legitmate Rape? - Page 2 Empty Re: Legitmate Rape? on 8/30/2012, 11:59 am

Nekochan

Nekochan
polecat wrote:I'm sorry I was wrong...
life begins when the daddy/rapist gets a twinkle in his eye?

Would that be before or after taxes are filed?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum